“Reputation redeemed”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I must say that the trump hotel really knows how to make up for service failures, this time, everything was truly perfection. I am a frequent traveller, and this is by far the best service and accommodations that I have ever experienced. Thank you Trump hotel!

Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Kvvj

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Having reluctantly given up on our previous favorite in Toronto, the Ritz-Carlton - and from what we see on the internet lately a good many folks have given up on the management of the Ritz-Carlton brand entirely - we decided to try the Trump for a couple of nights just prior to Christmas, the first time we have stayed at a Trump hotel anywhere. We were happy we did and can highly recommend it. Although not open long everything runs as smoothly and as polished as if it had been here for years, no easy feat (witness the even newer Four Seasons struggling with its restaurant). The staff is excellent and truly can't do enough to assist you. Our corner suite on the 26th floor was larger than offered by either the Four Seasons or Shangri La for similar rates, and of course Ritz-Carltons are known to have the smallest rooms and suites for rates comparable to the other luxury brands. Trump likes marble and there seemingly are miles of it throughout the hotel. Our suite had a fireplace, not real but very convincing and pleasant to have. Linens were of the highest quality, as one would expect. Robes and bath towels, on the other hand, were the largest and most luxurious we have experienced, wash cloths the thickest ever. The location is virtually ideal for most, in the heart of the financial district, as well as only a few minutes walk to the entertainment district, restaurant row along King Street, shopping in the Eatons Centre or on Yonge Street. We will be back.

Room Tip: The restaurant is on the 31st floor, thus affording expansive city views. The pool and whirlpool are...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank worldwidewanderer93
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had to stay in downtown Toronto overnight due to a snowstorm. I checked into Trump Toronto and I could not have found a better place to stay. The staff was absolutely amazing! Top notch customer service and the room was outstanding. It was elegant yet still cozy as was the bathrobe & slippers. The room came equipped with the best amenities (for example: they don't just give you conditioner, they give you *volumizing* conditioner). The waterfall shower head is to die for, I must say. The bed was probably my favorite part of the room, of course. I normally find it very hard to sleep through the night at hotels due to the bed. I slept through the entire night, not waking up until my alarm went off the next morning. And I definitely did not want to get out of bed and return to the cold snowy reality. All in all, this hotel is perfect & I’d recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AngiieL
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Trump Hotel in November. I've traveled a lot and have stayed at high-end hotels all over the world, as well as several 5-star hotels in Toronto. So have many hotels to compare the Trump to. And I can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I've ever been to.The room on the 22nd floor was elegant and modern. The bed was extremely luxurious and the bathroom had a gorgeous deep tub and a rain shower. Plus you get cozy robes and slippers. Pure heaven. So relaxing. We tried the room service and the food is yummy. It arrived on a beautiful table with silver trays and white linens.
I would also recommend trying their Quartz spa. We had a his and hers massage (Swedish and Bamboo) and loved the experience.
The upstairs bar is fun at night and allows for great city views. And we also had breakfast there. Delicious. I highly recommend their scones. And their chocolate guillotine is a must-try.
The staff were gracious, professional and always eager to help. They really try to make you feel special and welcome.
I highly recommend this hotel for any occasion. You will love the room. You will love the food and amenities. And you will feel special.
If you want to fill like a million bucks, the Trump is it!

Room Tip: Try a higher room, as the view is lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatGit
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The service at this Hotel was the best ever.from the time we entered till the time we left we were treated like Royalty.
On a scale of one to ten I would give them Eleven.We will defiantly come back.
Chocolate covered strawberries and a hand written card delivered to the room compliments of the General Manager we were impressed.
An amazing weekend.

Room Tip: Chose a suite on higher floors might get a better view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sultan M
TrumpToronto, General Manager at The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.

I am delighted to read your wife had a wonderful birthday celebration and enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries! We look forward to welcoming you again to Trump Toronto for another very special occasion in the future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2012

...then the Trump Int'l Hotel would be the most beautiful woman you have met in TO. You might not feel worthy of her attention, but she's classy and welcoming, and makes you feel like #1. She's professional, but makes business seem like pleasure. And, man, can she cook. Dark and slightly mysterious, this is the one to which you will compare all others, and even though you must sometimes sleep elsewhere in other cities, you will fall asleep dreaming of this one.

Drawn-out metaphors aside, if you hold an event in any other hotel in Toronto you are wasting your money, and disappointing your guests. The level of service here sets the bar impossibly high for any other conference, hotel and dining experience you can have in this city (and most others). I had the pleasure of hosting an event for 120 people and spent 2 nights @Trump -- the rooms were well appointed, comfortable and quiet, the food (buffet style) was the best I have ever had at a conference, and every detail was taken care of according to our wishes.

Most importantly, our guests raved about the venue and the food, which means repeat business for us in the future. We hated to leave, and we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Realnickriviera

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn you had enjoyed your stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto! We are very pleased to of had the opportunity to surpass your guests expectations during the conference and we look forward to welcoming you again on future occasions!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is luxurious. Our room had modern and high end furniture, features included in-mirror bathroom television, rainfall shower head, as well as a high ceiling. Coffee, tea and bottled water were complimentary. The decor is chic.

What was most impressive however is the outstanding level of service. It started a few days before arriving at the hotel when the Trump Attaché Individual asked me for my preferences and if I had any special requests. When we arrived at the hotel, all of my requests were met. Then during our stay, all the hotel staff (e.g. valet, front desk clerk, and bellhop) was very attentive and professional.

It was a very pleasant stay. We will be back and we recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Honestray

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto!

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our associate team. We have shared your comments with each of them as they truly are the driving force!

We look forward to welcoming you again to Trump Toronto to exceed your expectations on future occasions!