“Best of the Best”

The Adelaide Hotel, Toronto
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Recently spent a Saturday evening at the Trump Toronto. From being shown to our room by the front desk person to our departure assistance by the Valet the level of service was service was exceptional. Probably the best service I have experienced at Five Diamond property in North America.

Accommodations were comfortable and the Pillow menu was a nice touch. The room automation did take sometime getting used to and I now have the desire to implement something similar in my residence.

Dinner at Stock was pleasant with the wine discussion with Sommelier, Zoltan, being the highlight.

Only complaint was being woken by the window washers prior to 8am Sunday morning. Having said, this the Front Desk Staff and Front Office Director handled this situation in a professional manner and we appreciate their effort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grumpy2469
Write a ReviewReviews (1,972)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The service here is excellent. We were greeted by name as soon as we walked thru the doors and every other time we came in and out of the hotel. The hotel is in the financial district, so keep that in mind if you're looking for shopping or nightlife. Eaton center is a short walk from the hotel. The rooms are very technologically advanced. The lights and shades are controlled by remotes on the wall. The bathroom was huge. The bathtub and shower were great. The TV on the bathroom mirror is always nice. The pool was on the small side. The room service was expensive but most room service is.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank harvey h
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Over the years, I have been to Toronto on many occasions and tried several hotels (a.o. Park Hyatt and the Ritz), but since the opening of the Trump at the beginning of this year, I have stayed only there. Not because it is new, but because it is outstanding in any way -in particular for its service! The moment you are arriving, you are greeted and taken care of by the staff –sometimes, even the hotel manager himself comes down to the lobby to say hello to the guests! The staff is not only friendly and attentive, but also focused and efficient –they practice and deliver what they are saying! Needless to say that everything on design is perfectly harmonised, the Swarovsky crystal in the lobby is huge and impressive. You are escorted to your room and explained all features, your luggage gets delivered to your room immediately (and does not get lost in the lobby). The rooms are of very big size, half of the hotel rooms are actually suites, so there is a good chance for an upgrade! The rooms have convenient control panels (one next to the bed) for lights, fireplace and curtains. The bathrooms are spacey, having rainfallshower and in-mirror TV. Some rooms also have nice views, but the convenience for a business traveller usually comes from location: most of them will find their business partners in the same bloc or in very short walking distance.
When using in-room dining, you can set the clock –they do not fail to deliver within the time promised. However, I also strongly recommend using the restaurant upstairs, in particular in the evenings you can enjoy –apart from nice food and excellent service- a good atmosphere. Last but not least, the pool and the gym are ready by now and will offer breathtaking city views from the top!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 81Globetrotter1234
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Myself and 3 other girls stayed a night at the new Trump hotel in downtown Toronto late Feb of 2012. We were celebrating our friends 40th birthday. The valet gentlemen were amazing. They were very hospitable. Once checked in, we had a gentlemen come up to our room and show us all the features we had at our disposal. Let me tell you, it was FANTASTIC. We were treated like super stars for the entire stay at the hotel. When we left the next day, the valet parking guys placed two water bottles in our cup holders. AWESOME!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Incredible hotel staff, anticipating your needs and eager to please. I forgot to pack my goggles on this trip and I asked the staff if I could borrow a pair so I could swim in the hotel's new saltwater lap pool that the concierge said I should check. They returned 20 minutes later with a new pair that I could use at the hotel -- and take home. Nice, unexpected gesture. Raised the bar for customer delight, in my book!

Impressive, high-tech amenities in the room as one would expect from a Trump hotel, but I was still pleasantly surprised by the champagne-and-caviar inspired interiors, modern touches like the TV in the bathroom mirror, remote-control for the lights and drapes, the Trump bed, and the Nespresso machine.

I enjoyed breakfast at the Stock Restaurant too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JJManila
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As a native Torontonian, I decided to plan a "girls weekend staycation" at the Trump in Toronto. We had the most incredible time experiencing Stock, the restaurant, as well as a full spa day at Quartz. My 3 other friends were equally as pleased as I was. The service was the best I have received at any hotel in Toronto, from the friendly door men and people at the reception desk. The beds in the rooms are the most comfortable I have EVER slept one...probably including my own bed at home. We ordered room service for breakfast on one of the mornings and it came quickly and to the perfect temperature. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, both from Toronto as a quick escape and from out of town.

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom suite and found it to be absolute perfection!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank avidtraveller3333
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel was amazing they did everything for me while I was staying there I was only suppose to be there for two nights and ended up staying five nights service was great in room dining was super quick to arrive and tasted great it's was so good I ate in the room most of the Time GREAT BED

• Stayed: August 2012