New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 131 Hotels in Toronto
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A fantastic hotel located within the Theatre District, with plenty of bars to choose from. The CN Tower and harbour front is just behind the hotel and within easy walking distance.

The hotel itself was luxurious and the staff were extremely helpful and polite. The only niggle was that you had to pay for Wifi in your room and having paid a 5* price for the hotel I would of thought that it would of been included. However Wifi was available in the lobby free of charge.

Car hire was arranged via concierge with no fuss at all. They were extremely helpful and efficient whilst we were planning our trip to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.

We had a late flight home and needed to freshen up before hand and thankfully were able to use the Spa facilities to shower and change - a lovely gesture by the concierge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Although this is a beautiful property there were many things that didn't work in our room, we had to call to get new batteries for the the tv remote, the bose system didn't work, someone had to come and reconnect all the wires and the guy who came made it seem like we should have known what to do, the coffee maker didn't work, it had to be replaced AND they didn't replace food items from the mini bar the 3 nights we were there and when I phoned to get someone to replace the tin of nuts, room service showed up wondering what I wanted. All of these things wouldn't matter to me if at any point someone in management would have contacted me to apologize for everything or treat us to a glass of wine or something but there was no mention of it and I actually wonder if anyone in management was aware of all these things. It's not about being perfect but perfectly managing issues that arise. I did however REALLY enjoy the glass of champagne as I was checking in!

1 Thank funjoy77
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

i just returned from a one night stay at The Ritz. The place and service are superb. Beds are really soft and pool is great... The location is also near lots of eateries and stores. The front desk people are a gem!
My only complaint: once you arrive, valet takes your car... nice touch! until you get the bill for just valet= 48.00 !
Overall. class all the way

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank exquisite t
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

I went to the spa with a friend as a birthday treat. After our massages, we went back to the changing area. In the changing area, there was a woman who was in a terrible mood and was walking around in a huff. This woman pushed past my friend and accused her loudly of keeping her locker door open which prevented her from being able to walk freely in the locker room. She then went on to yell at my friend and call her some very derogatory terms which I will not repeat here. The other customers in the locker room were shocked as well and were trying to console my friend. I was so upset and reported this to management. I expected more from them, they just quietly told us they were sorry and quickly ushered us out of the spa. Needless to say, it ruined our day and I was just shocked at how they handled it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Samantha T
TimTerceira, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Samantha,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the behavior of the other client described and can only imagine how unsettling and awkward it would have been for yourself, friend and other guests. This is a most unusual event and only wish we had been more responsive at the time. Please contact me directly at 416 572 8010 so myself and our Spa Director may personally follow up with you on this experience.

Sincerely
Tim Terceira
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

You can feel he quality and service upon arrival. Anything you can ask for, they will take care of. Location is great. The rooms are well maintained and you feel at home while in the room. The only thing about this hotel that is not above 5 star quality is the pool. I know the hotel is in the middle of downtown, so no expectation of excellent pool. With that said, the pool is not important at all. This hotel is ALL about service! You can't beat the service from the valet, front desk, room service, restaurant, housekeeping, etc. If you go to Toronto, this is a must place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Central location. Smart design. Legendary service. A winning combination that sets the bar high for other Toronto 5 star hotel. A special thank you to Hanna who provided exceptionally friendly and helpful advice as the concierge. Thank you and well done!

tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

After an awful & I mean awful experience in customs, I arrived at the Ritz with my heart still pounding in my chest. Guillermo took me from the cab and ushered me into paradise and bought me a drink before I even checked in, Insta-om!
He singlehandedly erased all the nastiness in my arrival to Toronto.
The hotel is brand new, perfectly located and very, very chic. Gary and Melinda were both incredibly helpful @ the concierge desk. Subway and cabs (USE UBER) were easy to grab near the hotel. Guillermo came to the rescue again with the house car! My friend and I had a lovely ride to dinner one night. Outdoor lounge was a nice place for a cocktail. Great people watching! I can't say enough good things about this hotel & it's stellar staff. It's a shame the customs agents can't take a lesson from the Ritz.

1 Thank kimberly g