The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
1,740 results
All reviewsclub levelcorner suitetoca restaurantcn towerbathroom mirrorheated floorslake viewamazing hotelfour seasonslake ontarioturn down serviceliving roomentertainment districtvalet parkingrogers centresparc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was our first visit to Canada and we chose Toronto as the first stop before Boston and New York. We picked Ritz-Carlton hotels in all 3 cities and RC, Toronto turned out to be the best among the three. Here's why:

1. Check-in at midnight was quick and efficient. Apparently a room was assigned prior to our arrival, but a request from us to change to a twin bedded room on arrival was done instantly. Though it caused them some inconveniences (moving of welcome note and amenities), they did it with grace. The receptionist, Ricardo was very professional throughout.

2. We were assigned a room with the best view the hotel could give, over looking the lake with a small airport and of course, CN Tower. What else could we have asked for? The room was also very well appointed with spacious bathroom with dual sinks, separate shower and bath tub, though I wish the shower had a better water pressure. The beds were also very comfortable thus providing us good rest every night.

3. Hanna Sorri - the concierge who arranged our tours and tickets to the Rogers Cup. Though very direct requests from us, Hanna was extremely detailed and efficient to get the bookings made in no time. She was also very patient with our questions. The recommendations she provided on the city (being our first visit) was very informative and helpful. In a nutshell, she was the STAR of our stay. Hanna has a talent in guest engagement, which I hope the hotel will put in good use in the future. I have also noticed she makes it a point to acknowledge another guest's presence while serving us. She delivered all these with a very pleasant demeanour.

The hotel has a nice club lounge with a great view. Club offerings were adequate with great food offerings. However, I wish there was greater variety of breakfast selection. We had scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and sausages EVERYDAY for 5 days. There was practically no change at all at breakfast. The other meal periods were great though. Secondly, it is a pity I find the ladies and gentlemen at the club lounge not very engaging. In our 5 nights there, I wasn't able to single out any staff to compliment, which is a pity as they have a lot of potential to improve guest satisfaction given the time club guests spent at the lounge. Perhaps Hanna will be able to help out here? It appears to me this is the same in all the Ritz-Carlton hotels I stayed during this trip, the other 2 being Boston Common and New York Battery Park, which I will mention in my reviews of the respective hotels.

It is great our room rate includes free wifi internet access. I find it strange each log in lasted only 24-hours, and I need to enter all relavant information every time i log in. I am sure this can be improved. The limit of 3 devices is rather low. We have hotels in Singapore offering free wifi access with no limit on the number of devices. You need to understand the travellers nowadays value internet access as much as a good night's sleep and a working shower.

If this hotel has been around for more than 3 years, I would have rated them "VERY GOOD" but since it is still new at 2 years, I will give them "EXCELLENT". They deserve a little bit more time to polish the rough edges.

I will try and stay here if I am ever coming back to Toronto. Though there are other nice hotels to choose from, this one is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with CN Tower view, we were on the highest floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LeeCK
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz as well as the Trump and we love both. The ritz was the first spot my little guy got to swim at, so it will always be special for us. The spa was out of this world amazing. My husband and I both had treatments- staff was amazing. The food was excellent for breakfast and through out the day. The corner suites are perfect for a travelling family with small child.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TaraMac2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have just stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Toronto for the first part of our honeymoon. It was a very convenient for local attractions and we even managed to navigate our selves around the subway which the hotel is attached to.

The room we stayed in was lovely and had a view of the CN Tower. It had lots of lovely toiletries in and even had his and hers sinks! My only reservation of the room was that the wire on the hair drier was too short!

We had breakfast one morning in the hotel. It was amazing! Very good service and it was a buffet style. It would have been nice to have had this included in the cost of the room.

All the staff we met were very helpful and polite. Gary a concierge was particularly helpful in telling us where to go and visit , in the short time we were there!

We went up the CN tower which is definitely worth it despite it not being the cheapest! A walk along the harbour is also a definite! If you like beer we recommend the Amsterdam Bar/restaurant on the harbour front.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Cannot fault this hotel at all. Great location helpful friendly and warm staff( kids got balloons and cookies when they arrived) facilities including the pool and spa were fantastic. Breakfast superior and we ate one night and had the most divine food. They have around 40 cheeses to choose from... Heaven. Thanks for an amazing stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fyviequine
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our family stayed for 5 nights, using 2 rooms. One of the rooms was not as requested. The bellhop called downstairs and the problem was corrected immediately. The new room was better, it had a nice view of the CN tower. All the staff are impeccably trained and the service is first rate. We could walk everywhere from the hotel. We never used our car or a taxi. The rooms were large and comfotable.

On the down side, Ritz Carlton gets you with extra charges. We had a highly discounted rate of $270 per night which was well worth it. But the valet parking fee is $48 per night, and there is no self parking option. So I parked in and underground lot across the street for $24 per day. The restaurant is very good but the prices are outrageous for breakfast and dinner. Wifi is $10 per day per room, but only has fair speed. Ther is free wifi in the lobby which doesn't work well at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view of the CN tower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family