“Wonderful for business”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #6 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Wonderful for business”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here during a conference. Hotel location is fantastic for the convention centre. It's across the road, if you use the hotel's back entrance. Hotel is new, in the last 2 years. Rooms are great, bathrooms lovely, couldn't have asked for better. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed in this district in three other hotels: Hilton, Fairmont and the Intercontinental. This is my favorite by far. For my business travels, it is the best location. It was the most luxurious stay and consistent for quality. Next time, I am going to extend my stay and try the spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My overall experience should have been great as I was just taken in by a bad reservation elsewhere. I promptly forfeited the "paid" bad reservation and booked this one. The receptionist and check-in was superb as they even took the time to chat and looked after my 3 years old during the check-in process. I was very impressed!!

The room we had was excellent, clean, spacious and as expected from this exquisite hotel.

Unfortunately, the valet/bell service was horrible and rude. We rented a minivan for traveling reason. Upon returning to the hotel one evening, the valet/bell person asked me "my purpose of visit?" as I pulled in to the front of the hotel. I told him I was a guest of the hotel and needed valet service and assistance with some purchases we made. As I pulled up my car to the side of the hotel, this attendant did not wish to help me and instead went to a hired Mercedes that pulled up behind me. The gentleman from the Mercedes had one bag and I had 6 bags with a 3 years old.

To make things worse, he loudly "yelled" out to me and dare to instruct me to leave the key at the front desk!! I was quite furious with his behaviour and his mistreatment of me and my family at this 5 star hotel. I went to the front desk and left my car key with them. We went to our floor to settle down our child as it was late. Ironically, the gentleman from the Mercedes stayed on the same floor as us and we ran into this same valet/bell person again! He was quite surprise to see me as the elevator door opened and I was going to ignore him and went to my room to rest. However, this man had the rudest manner!! Without address me as "Sir" or any pleasant title, he "yelled" out to me again, "did you drop off the key at the front desk?" At that moment, I told him that he needed to do his job politely and I would report him to the manager of the property of the incident! I had never encountered such mistreatments in a 5 stars hotel twice in about 10 minutes.

When I spoke with the front desk the next morning, I informed them the exact as above and enlightened them that I also have 2 Mercedes at home. Driving a minivan on vacation was not a crime and any guests at their 5 stars hotel should be treated with respect and good manners. Management took off the valet charge and apologize. In reality, I felt more should be done to compensate my humiliation, mistreatment and extremely upsetting experience.

Room Tip: Do not drive a minivan!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dotcomsurfr
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my second trip to Toronto and staying at the Ritz-Carlton Toronto really made this trip relaxing and enjoyable. Immediately upon my arrival, the staff not only learned my name, but went out of their way to ensure that my stay was pleasurable. On the first night I had an issue with my heater and let the front desk know. Not only did the engineering staff resolve the issue quickly, they even dropped of a chocolate bar that looked like a Screw Driver and note apologizing that my room was not perfect. The pool and hot tub was very relaxing and very nice work out equipment in the Gym. They even had clean headphones to use to watch the TV screens when running. I was advised about the weather by every doorman and the when I called in for a wake up call. In addition, for the wake call, I was asked if I wanted to have Breakfast or Coffee delivered after I was woken up. The Staff went out of their way to ensure that had the best time not only in my hotel but Toronto. The only downfall was the cost of the room service food. However, with a large number of restaurants within a 10 minute walk, and accessible via the Toronto Underground PATH, that was not an issue. Room amenities included TV that had over 75 channels, with a Bose radio, a tub and separate shower, fridge that allowed you to share the fridge with a stocked bar and not charge you when you moved items around. This is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. To put the icing on the cake, it would have been nice to have MSNBC on TV, but with the high speed internet access, I was able to watch that station with ease. The hotel is located almost at the base of the CN tower and in the heart of Downtown.

Monte Carlo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with my wife because her brother had given us a gift card over christmas. The hotel itself is very new and well maintained. What stod out more than anything was the staff and service we received. They were some of the best trained and kindest I've ever met. Granted you would expect that at a five star but they went over an beyond at every turn. Not to mention I got to meet Anthony Bourdain outside on our way out. A great spot to stay in Toronto .

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Having logged 4 stays at this Ritz Carlton I can say it is now my favorite hotel in Toronto. The staff provide efficient and pleasant service without being overbearing. The rooms are bright and airy with elegant appointments and large bathrooms. They even provide a nice array of TV choices which include Fox News (a rarity in Canada) and other business/news programs a big plus in my book. The rooms have excellent soundproofing!

Noteworthy points.

1. Great modern rooms, big bathrooms, tv's and plenty of space.
2. The bar is busy during the week.
3. Paese an Italian restaurant near the hotel is quite good.
4. The service works well.
5. Good valet system (you can text for the car)
6. Easy highway access as you are in the CBD.

A big thank you for giving each room 2 bottles of water up to twice a day. Its so refreshing to get water in the room without forking up $7 for one from the minibar.

Yes its expensive but you are in Toronto and the its the Ritz so do not go looking for a screaming deal, go for the service and quality instead. I will be back.

Room Tip: They are all pretty good. I tried several types.
Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm not a Ritz guy, but this new hotel is great for business meetings and is walking distance from downtown attractions, including the Blue Jays park and the waterfront, many restaurants and art galleries and museums. The Four Seasons is up near Yorkville so it depends on what you'll be doing.

The Ritz people know how to support a business meeting, with first class attentive knowledgeable staff. Our room was a corner suite with a so so view of the side of office buildings, but it is perfectly laid out and everything worked well, including the TV
imbedded in the bathroom mirror.