“Impeccable service and better than I expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Impeccable service and better than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I live in the GTA and my wife and I decided to stay at the Ritz to treat ourselves just before Christmas. We were given an upgrade without even asking and there was a guest that had left his phone in a taxi and someone from the front desk had overheard the guest and promptly called the valet to intercept the taxi before it had departed with the phone inside. The taxi was about to leave and the phone was recovered and given to the guest. The room was great and absolutely spotless!!! My wife and I had went out for dinner and by the time we arrived back to the hotel, we received a wonderful chocolate cake for the two of us. They asked us what we were doing in the city and we told them it was our anniversary a little while ago. I did not expect that at all. When we retrieved our car from the valet, they had put bottles of water in the cupholders. Great touch. Everyone there was so attentive and friendly. Can't wait to go back. My wife and I were so pleased. Thank you to everyone that we dealt with personally.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I live in Toronto, but decided to treat ourselves to an early Christmas celebration. The service we received from the hotel staff from the doorman to the front desk staff to the housekeeping, as well as the restaurant servers was exceptional and welcoming.
We stayed in the Deluxe room and loved the view of the city. The King-sized bed was so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. However, it's unfortunate that WIFI was not included in the room price (I think you had to pay around $10 extra for 24 hours).
We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant TOCA and the buffet selection was quite decent. Lots of fresh fruit, cheese and cold cuts, breads and pastries, plus some hot food choices. One minor thing was that when we had checked into the hotel, the front desk staff had told us our room package included breakfast, so we found it a little confusing when the server brought over the cheque when we had finished (he had asked us for our room number, so we assumed that there would be a note saying which rooms included breakfast). Anyway, we decided to wait until check-out to see if they would charge us for the breakfast, but everything was taken care of.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come back again for a special occasion.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visit Toronto several times per year and I must say that this is by far, the best hotel I have stayed in. All staff I encountered were friendly, courteous and pleasant. The room amenities truly felt luxurious from the heated flooring in the bathroom to the amazing view of Lake Ontario to the turn down service and chocolates. The overall appearance and cleanliness inside and out was impeccable. We opted to pay for the club lounge and discovered that the beverage and food selections were certainly a cut above average from what I have experienced at other hotels. Even the alcohol was included.
Just before I arrived at the hotel, my tire pressure light came on indicating the winter tires I just had installed required some air. I pulled in to the hotel and asked the valet where the closest service station was as I required air for my tire and he offered to take care of it! In fact, I was not charged extra for this service. This was a very unexpected surprise and most appreciated!! Thank you so much to all of the staff at the Ritz, I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Opt for Club Lounge. The food and beverages are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The concierge in this hotel is the best I have come across ever (and I check-in at about 25 five star hotels every year). I had my luggage damaged when I landed in Toronto and had meetings starting early morning, hence could not get to buy another piece in time. The concierge was able to get someone to buy a duffell bag first thing in morning and it took me 5 mins to swing by, collect it and move on. And they did not even charge me for it. Very helpful I will stay here everytime in toronto, despite a high price tag. So worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Got away for a weekend with spouse and left kids with sitter - just to set the scene. 1st things first, service was impeccable from the moment we arrived through to departure.

Upon check in we were upgraded to a corner deluxe suite on a high floor with a view of the city, it was just "done", no requests required. Christmas will be an incredible experience at the Ritz - gingerbread models of the city were in the lobby and they are hosting family tea parties up till Christmas (good reason to bring kids next time).

The spa is very chic, and great ambiance - salt water pool was very relaxing and nice couches to chill out in.

We dinned in the hotel at TOCA, and the service, meal, dessert and wine were wonderful - no reason to leave the hotel.

Everything from the front desk concierge service to our check out was 5 stars of service - what you save at any other Toronto hotel isn't worth the difference for what you will experience at a Ritz Carlton.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Had a great 2 night break here, the staff and service was great and wonderful rooms, the hotel is clean throughout and we will return if ever in the Toronto area in the future. The local restaurants within walking distance are great and ask the concierge who has a wealth of information. Breakfast service is good and everyone seems very friendly within this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed over the Grey Cup weekend - Nov.23-25 - in a one-bedroom corner suite. The suite boasts a separate sitting room with a pull-out Queen sofa bed. The hotel facilities are nice with a workout room and an indoor salt water swimming pool. Since it is only 1-year old, everything looks fresh and clean.

PRO:

* Service level is high. All staff are on the ball. Special mention to Preshit, Front Desk Agent, who was the only staff who greeted me by name every time.. Also, Niko at the front desk offered to sign me up for Ritz Carlton rewards card on checking out. Housekeepers very responsive.
* Value for money as I paid $520 weekend rate for the suite which was way cheaper than 4-Seasons. As comparison, Peninsula Tokyo charged $1,200/night for its suite.
* TOCA restaurant has nice food & service.

CON:

* Towels & bath robes are bit rough for a 5-star hotel, having gone thru' too many washes. The best are from 4-Seasons, Peninsula & Mandarin Oreintal.
* The ice bucket was not filled on both days.
* Water shower pressure is just OK. No rain shower.
* Location is not that convenient for leisure travellers as it is located on the fringes near CN Tower & Roy Thomson Hall.

CONCLUSION

Have not been a regular poster, but stayed at many top hotels. This was my second stay at a Ritz Carlton chain. My other stay was Ritz - South Beach, Miami.

Will definitely return. Ritz is a notch below 4-Seasons', Peninsula's and Mandarin Oriental's of the world. In Toronto, there are other new 5-star hotels such as Shangri-La and Trump.

Room Tip: One-bedroom suite faces CN Tower & the Bay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family