“Best Hotel in Toronto - the Ritz never disappoints”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #6 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Waterloo, Ontario
“Best Hotel in Toronto - the Ritz never disappoints”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

On February 14th my girlfriend and I went to Deq bar for a drink prior to our dinner reservations. As always the service within Deq was fabulous – you are always treated like royalty. They were making a special Valentine’s day drink called El Valintino which was an excellent mixture. Following the special Valentine’s day drink I had Crown Royal No. 16 on the rocks and my girlfriend had a red Tuscany wine.

While we were enjoying our drinks there were some complimentary treats – dried sunflower seeds, rosemary infused popcorn and wasabi nuts. As always the Ritz never disappoints and we had a great experience. In addition there was a Valentine’s day treat section where you could purchase individual desserts or all you can eat. Maybe next year we will do the full Ritz experience and not just a cocktail prior to dinner.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingFBM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I loved my experience at the Ritz Carlton in Toronto... The location is awesome, cool restaurants nearby, amazing view, lucky me, I stayed on the 14th floor. However, I got to see the incredible suite on the 19th floor because the Ritz was hosting a function to celebrate the success experienced since its official commencement a year ago. I was served amazing food and excellent wine. There was no way to feel anything but peaceful, elegant and well supported because of the treatment of each and every staff member. And,,,,I got to meet Tim Terceira, a truly gracious gentleman who obviously appreciates his responsibility to his staff and guests. I loved my entire experience.. Thank you Ritz Carlton, Toronto.

Room Tip: well, it is a no brainer, go for it, that 19th floor suite will knock your socks off!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LeClaire070
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Toronto for a weekend. It was a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable with excellent amenities. The hotel has a great spa, pool and fitness facility. The onsite restaurant was very enjoyable. Will definitely stay at the Ritz whenever I am in Toronto.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert8181
Miami
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I recently visited Toronto for the first time this past weekend. It was a last minute trip and I did not know what to expect. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton and it was the best decision i could have made! From the time we were outside the door, greeted by front services and then checkin in at the Front Desk with Aarti, who by the way is very professional and absolutley amazing and very accomodating, to simply being greeted by someone in the lobby every single time we walked in or out of the hotel. Jeff at the front desk accomodated my friend and I and assisted us in giving us options on where to go eat and what to do at night! He was extremely helpful. Ali was always at the hotel when we walked in and he was very nice and always greeted us with a smile! The rooms are absolutley amazing! we had an incredible view of the tower and the lake and the beds are very very comfortable! the weather was extrmely cold, but i will definitley go back to visit Toronto and stay at the Ritz any other time!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank AmericaG89
Toronto
Reviewed February 3, 2012

before a blab on here. Great food, great coustomer service, great room, great spa. +++++++

My girlfriend brought me here for a Staycation/birthday. We went for the bed and breakfast deal I believe and added the spa package. We recived a gift card for christmas for the Ritz so this came in handy at the end or our one night, one day blow out...$1200. Now, this was becuase we had a gift card and drank a ton and ate a ton at the beautiful restaurant Toca. and got the full spa package

Things i loved about the Ritz, coustomer service was over the top, Spa was clean and the attendants over the top helpful, i walked around the whole time in my classy thick robe.

told them we were there for my birthday, their was a beautiful cake and a card from staff in our room, the room was so nice and comfortable. I can really go on for hours, really a lot of money but I have never had so much fun or felt so comfortable in one place, for 24hrs we never left the property. beautiful...beautiful.. thank you very much.

Room Tip: we had the city view which was nice but, if you are not from toronto, go with the CN Tower view, bea...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Resq28
Dwight, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2012

In to for leafs game and dinner. This place is $600+ per night. Yes the rooms are spacious and luxurious, but there is no view and everything is Extra? At this price everything should be included. Thank heavens the Leafs won.

Room Tip: Try to get a deal on the internet fora little less.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank george b
Athens Greece
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed only one night (unfortunately...). Room was huge, very elegantly furnished. The bathroom is amazing, with a TV inside the mirror, which is very useful if you don't have a lot of time, as you can catch up on the news while shaving!

The staff were very helpful.

Sure I am going back.