“Great hotel, details are appreciated.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, details are appreciated.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Great hotel, service was super.
All the extras you could want or think of. Wine glasses (red and white), champagne flutes, martini glasses all in the room. Expresso maker, full bar, safe, mini fridge, Bose docking station, personal reading lights.

Location is amazing. Walking distance to restaurants, night life, theatre district and shopping.

Looking forward to staying there again and again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lindolaura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have stayed here over 20 times since it opened in March 2011, a testament primarily to the gorgeous bathrooms and gracious staff. That being said, there are problems that should be addressed by management:
- inconsistent room service. Poor selection, overpriced, but worst of all, each time I order the same thing, the quality and quantity vary. For example, sometimes they forget the bread that comes with a salad, and it is often stale. A small dinner salad with five shrimp and cookies for dessert cost $58.00.
- no traveler friendly restaurant in the hotel
- inconsistent housekeeping. I have at different times found the sewing kit and mouthwash missing. Food in the mini bar is not refreshed. I called for hypoallergenic pillows and the next day housekeeping removed them, so I had to call again. Worst of all, they washed out the soiled coffee cups in the bathroom sink and replaced them (long story behind this, but I could tell).
- this is an expensive hotel, and yet they charge almost $10 a day for internet service. It is supposed to be free in the lobby, but I find it hardly ever works.

The pros:
-spacious bathroom, wonderful tub, TV in the mirror
- comfortable bed with plenty of pillows
- large screen TV

The views out of the windows on the opposite side of Wellington West are the best.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake and the CN Tower
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Kimmie53
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business. Rooms are large and tastefully decorated. Good size bathrooms with high quality fittings (I liked the TV embedded within the mirror). The hotel is very new and seems to lack much atmosphere - we had a drink at the sushi bar which had a "shopping mall" feel rather than a 5 Star hotel. Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the restaurants. Tried to order room service breakfast before I left for the airport was told it would be "at least half an hour" (for museli and coffee?!) so abandoned the idea and ate at the airport instead. I understand that there will be a Shangri-La opening in Toronto next year and so there will be more competition at this level for the RC. Price we paid via our corporate rate seemed high.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

From the moment you step foot in this hote, you know you are in for a treat. Best service ever from valet to concierge level. We had the concierge level room and Scott check us in not missing any single details. Room was great, clean, awesome tv on bathroom behind the mirrow. Great views of Toronto.
Maria, Monica, Enrique were great and very helpful at the Club Level.Bar had a mixologist who prepared the most exotic drinks ever!
Toca restaurant was excellent. They brought i phones for the kids, to play and check their menu. Food was fantastic. We got a tour to the kitchen and cheese cellar. I had the cod fish which was incredible, my friend had the venison, all the food was great.
This hotel was the highlight of our trip. Love it!!!!!!
The only negative was our cleaning lady cleaning our room while I was taking a shower.
Just say no.
Also parking was overpriced. A suggestion for club level is to leave of the wine both white and red outside for guest use.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ltorres93
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed at the Ritz in Toronto for 3 nights in June and the whole experience was just perfect from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. The rooms are fully souped up with all amenities; also the rooms and the bathroom are very large. The restaurant has great food too, and the breakfast was probably the best we ate in Canada
The only slight drawback is the location which is a little bit for business, none the less a great hotel, I will definitely stay here when I visit next.

Room Tip: Request for a lake view room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. I spent a night before at the Yorkville Four Seasons. I wasn't too disappointed there as I knew it was terribly out of date but thought I'd get a stay there before they tore it down.
What I like about the Ritz was the truly gracious and warm service extended by everyone, and I mean everyone.
I was taken a little aback as a well suited staff member tactfully approached me at the lobby, escorted me to the front desk where another staff member checked me in, said I had automatically been upgraded, and that my room was ready.
The staff escort who was explaining the F&B outlets in the lobby area, then collected my bags and took me to my room.
I was so surpirsed that the escort (a lady) was also the bell(wo)man! It was a very charming experience.
What I also liked was as contemporary and attractive the lobby was, nothing in the hotel felt too grand or sprawling. They have a great restaurant on the mezzanine, a bar in the front, and a wonderful lounge in the rear with a deck overlooking the little park.
The hotel has a fabulous spa and pool (although you have to pay $50 per day to use the spa if you aren't there for a treatment) but the pool is free to use for all guests.
The spa though is amazing with a hydro jetted pool (there are built in sections you lie on with at least 20 jets underneath). The relaxation room is stunning with double height windows letting in an abundance of light. It's odd that they charge guests to use the facilitles though - that would be my only gripe with the hotel.
The location is superb, right in the financial district, 2 blocks from the CN Tower, across the street from the Convention Centre, a few blocks from Union Station, and in the other direction the entertainment district with several restaurant choices.
The rooms are absolutely sumptuous and with all the latest conveniences and toys (in-mirror bathroom TV was fun).
They also have the BEST mini-bar stocked with local products, candies, and munchies that I have ever seen.
This is the #1 place to stay in Toronto - although I'm waiting with baited breath for the new Four Seasons completion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank flouk
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just stayed here with my husband in may and had a great stay! The place is beautiful and in a great location, we walked to a lot of things! It's literally behind the CN tower! It's also not far from a movie theater and dundas square, as well as st lawrence market!
The staff was super friendly and attentive, we were greeted outside and immediately were helped with our bags. The front desk staff was friendly as well and very welcoming. We were taken up to our room by I believe a concierge (maybe they didn't have a bellman that day) we were shown the room and all it's features which were amazing!
The bathroom was gorgeous with beautiful white marble a separate shower and tub and a tv inside the mirror which was very high tech! The room was very spacious with a nice sized desk and comfy computer chair. Everything was clean and modern! Oh and their mattresses are the most comfortable i've ever slept on, and I ALWAYS have a horrible night's sleep while on vacation because of the beds and pillows. I slept like a baby both nights there, lol!
They give you free water which is awesome cause we tend to get thirsty alot and it sucks to have to pay for water all the time, lol The bar is nicely stocked, they have quite a few options for drinks, of course everything is extremely overpriced. Thankfully the fridge didn't have the sensors so we were able to store a few things in there that would have spoiled otherwise! We decided to take look at the pool and gym area just to see what it looked like. The pool was an ok size, big enough to swim a few laps, which i think suffices for a mainly business oriented hotel! The gym was pretty big with alot of machines and options, i think they did a great job with that!
We didn't try any of the restaurants cause their menus were not to our liking! We did however have breakfast room service and the food was pretty good, not the best we've had but it was good none the less!!
It was a great stay and we would def stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple