“MMMMM good”
Review of The Bier Markt

The Bier Markt
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bier Markt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,242 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Central European
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: We only cook from scratch, making sure every dish is expertly crafted to complement the perfect Bier. We also have more than 150 Biers from over 30 countries, calling us Bier enthusiasts is an understatement. We respect the brew, and that means great food to go along with it.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Ate here for lunch during a course in the city. I had a chicken, mushroom, swiss (with a hint of garlic) on pita, open platter style sandwich and it was very good. Place was fairly empty but service was good. The two other people with me also enjoyed their meals and thought the food was quite good. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped in for a drink on a Sunday afternoon, so I have no idea how the food is. Someone's burger and fries smelled great though!

Our waitress was very nice and helpful, offering us tasters of draft beers. I had never had Rodenbach on draft before (my favorite Belgian beer), and she brought it to me to try. It was good, but but quite as good as the bottled version.

I'm working my way through the '1001 Beers to Drink Before You Die' and found two beers on the list that I haven't seen before; the Ekstra from Lithuania and the Windhoek from Namibia. We ordered, and the waitress casually tried to talk me out of the Windhoek, saying that it didn't have a lot of flavor and was what she told people to order if they like Coors Light. We felt like we had to justify our order, which we did, but it was a little awkward.

The beers were good, the service was nice, and the restaurant was fairly empty but it wasn't strange being some of the only people there. Overall, it was a nice spot for a beer.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bier Mrkt. Always busy, and yet always good food. Spot-on. Impressive as they always maintain their level of quality time after time. I've been 8 times in total.

The only regret: they hire the most ditzy mentally-challenged hostesses who are there for eye-candy. These people couldn't do math if they had an abacus and pencils in-front of them.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite spots when in Toronto. We always seem to hit the timing right when it's not so busy that we don't get seated within minutes. Our latest visit was for lunch on the patio where we started with the beer sampler which is perfect if you are either indecisive or want to simply sample a variety of beer. A must try is the Frulis strawberry beer on a hot summer day on the patio - thirst quenching ! My family couldn't resist trying the smoked meat poutine which didn't disappoint. Previous visits we have made to the Bier Markt were for dinner and we haven't had a meal there that we didn't enjoy - oysters and schnitzels are delicious. Service has always been friendly. Food is a bit pricey but I've paid these prices elsewhere for lesser quality meals, unfortunately it has deterred friends from joining us here. Parking is available on the street out front of the restaurant and there is a parking lot across the street which we've always seemed to be able to find a spot in. St. Lawrence Market is a few steps away. We will be returning !

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The King Street location is our go to place for a Sunday brunch on the patio when the weather is nice or for a dinner for two when it is snowy. I look for their feature events, such as fondue month or a beer event, as this will be on a special menu. You can get large or small meals, a great selection of bears as well as special drinks. I love their bear and spicy tomato juice tall drink, which is a version of a Bloody Ceasar, a famous Canandian cocktail. Great with a rosti potatoe and cheese dish for a noon-hour brunch.