“First Class!”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our experience at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square was Perfect! The atmosphere is classy and relaxing! The Staff was helpful and pleasant at all time! The rooms are very clean and spacious! A special "Thank You" to the concierge team-Susan & Gregory for attending to all our need! Your immediate response was greatly appreciated! We will see you again in the near future!!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Wow wow wow what a place, read the reviews and decided to stay here for five days, and we weren't disappointed! Staff where very helpful and gave me a birthday cake the day we arrived and my birthday! Also gave us some cookies as we had an issue with the room which was resolved without our knowledge. Great location too right next to union station and the subway. But what made it was the lady in concierge I can't recall her name but she couldn't of been more helpful, lovely to talk too and made the stay more special. We would stay again for sure. Our room was 406 which was lovely and overlooked Air Canada and Union Station.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed for one night at Le Germain after a concert at the Air Canada Centre. What a great choice we made! Room was exceptionally modern and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was clean and the room frankly just looked 'cool'. Staff was friendly and the location of being right across from the Air Canada Centre was fantastic.

Our room came with a free breakfast on the Sunday morning as well as the ability to check-out as late as 11pm! Didn't need to stay that late, but it was nice to be able to sleep in. Breakfast included fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, and pastries.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

2 nights here after 10 days up north in the wilderness, perfect to get us back into the swing of urban life, I have never enjoyed such great service, from the moment we handed over our car for valet parking. Nothing was too much trouble, we had 2 rooms (travelling with our 8 yr old and au pair), both rooms were spacious, funky, sleekly, massive beds, best sleep in ages. Had a wee blip with the plug in the bath, it was sorted in double quick time, with charming efficiency. Breakfast was wonderful, fresh, tasty, best porridge outside of Scotland (and better than most there). Fruit to die for, wee muffins to die for. The staff are just lovely, friendly, relaxed. We had such a wonderful end to our holiday, and great location, close to the Rodgers Centre, CN Tower, Union Station for easy subway connections to wherever you fancy going. If you are coming in by car, easy peasy to find and parking just underneath (recommend valet parking for ease). All in all, wouldn't stay anywhere else if we come back to Toronto.

Room Tip: Whatever room you get will be awesome
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were driving across Canada from Calgary. Our trip started out badly and we were faced with a huge setback which nearly ended our trip. We had 5 dogs with us and were feeling down. I had spent alot of time speaking with staff about some special plans I had to propose to my fiance. I had originally planned to stay only one night, but at the last minute our plans had to be changed. The staff immediately took care of us and we ended up staying 3 nights. They accommodated all of us quickly and without question. Our few days there were fantastic as the hotel is stunning. It is walking distance to everything and there is always something going on. All the staff were helpful and accommodating. The hotel is on the high end pricing. I felt I got value and will stay there again. This was an experience.

Room Tip: Not a quiet area. To take it all in try a balcony room facing the square.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Icandyman
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This stay ruined all the hotels for the rest of my Canada week! I picked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. The other hotels above this were further north and I wanted to stay by the train station where I could possibly leave my luggage for easy pickup to Billy Bishop airport. After I found a promotion on tripadvisor for a room upgrade I went with this reservation. The prices of the other hotels (i looked at shangri la, etc) were comparable but the reviews were much better. I contacted Ahora (their concierge) who was very helpful with confirming the promotion and reservation. we ended up getting an upgrade that included a corner room with a round bed. First, the hotel is lovely inside. Breakfast is included along with free wifi. (I remember the free wifi but totally was surprised by the breakfast. I don't usually require hotels with breakfast so I most likely didn't care when i booked the room). Also late check out at 2pm and $25 credit at their PLAY lounge. We walked into our room and snacks greeted us which were very yummy. After exploring the room (large bathroom with seperated toilet, shower and bath), we went downstairs where Susan the concierge was helpful with giving us a walking route for things to see. We were only there for about 24 hours so we followed a lot of her recs for a nice stroll through downtown Toronto and the lakefront. We returned from dinner and the walk and found we also got a turndown service where they filled the water carafe and placed it at the bedside in case we wanted any water at night. Also they included chocolates. Oh newspaper delivery in the AM of your choice. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom rainshower is awesome! towels were fluffy and they had slippers if you wanted them. I loved the decor of the room especially the room-number cups in the bathroom! Breakfast is the usual cereal and pastries but you also get fresh fruit and a variety of cheese and meats and oatmeal! Best part is that you can get an expresso or cappucino for your coffee choices and not just plain drip coffee. Nespresso machine in the room. It was NOT loud to me at all but it is right in the square with their hockey stadium and train station so i expect it can be loud. earplugs were included in the room during turndown if one needed it.

Overall this was a lovely hotel and would be a reason for me to visit and see the rest of Toronto and visit the falls next time. We needed to check out but had 2 hours to kill before going to the airport so we asked if we could use our credit in the lounge. They let us put in a drink order (and they give you free nut mix!) so we could use the credit and then did our check out! Super accomodating!!! Would definitely stay here again!

the TV didn't work but i didn't care much as we tried to watch it at midnight and just ended up falling asleep after.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I loved everything about this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. It is close to just about everything Toronto has to offer. It is upscale with a modern look and has free breakfast with great coffee in the mornings. Would stay here again in an instant. My brother and always rave about this hotel to other people when we talk about a night out in Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends