“Great Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Calgary
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Excellent hotel - the rooms are very spacious, tastefully decorated and well appointed making it possible to relax and enjoy your stay without having to leave the hotel - a real find as far as large city hotels are concerned. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Excellent restaurants in the area. Susan and Gregory did an outstanding job in suggesting locations to dine at and getting our evenings arranged. Understanding we liked jazz music - Gregory arranged a table at a local jazz club without our knowing and had us informed at dinner that the table was available if we were interested. Where do you find this kind of service? Really impressed. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed there for 3 days and the were some snaks and drinks in the fridge, nobody had mentioned anything to me regarding these stuffs, so I consume some of those to find at the check out they they have charged me for every single items I had and the prices is so high as I could get it in any convenience store for quarter the price.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Draltaee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Recommend this downtown spot. Outstanding poppy, contemporary menu that is world class. Tight (though not large) international wine list, smallish though cosy, comfy room. Good bathroom with big shower rose (important!!). Nice lounge area off the restaurant and reception that is open, comfy, modern, low lighting and well served by a nice team.
Will lock this place in as my Toronto camping ground.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Tastytucker,

I’m glad that we fit the bill for all of your urban camping needs, and we’ll be sure to keep the site pristine for you. Ostentatious isn’t really our style, so it’s great that you appreciated our carefully thought-out food and beverage offering.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Toronto.

Happy trails,

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here the night of a concert we were attending at the ACC. It was also our 25th anniversary and my birthday. I emailed the hotel with my reservation and told them it was our anniversary and they had a fruit plate with Chocolate syrup for dipping waiting upon our arrival. It was such a nice surprise. WOW! What a fantastic hotel.

Their parking service rocks, the rooms are to die for, and the location can not be beat! There is a little mall area in the basement that has a liquor store so you can grab a bottle of Ontario wine and enjoy in your room. They have a carafe and REAL wine glasses in room too. Also, there are water stations in the hallway to take ice cold, "citrised" water back to your room with you.

But the room layout is the most impressive. Huge shower in the middle of the room and VIEW of CN tower is fantastic at night. Beds are super comfortable....I never wanted to get up. If you are having an anniversary or other special occasion....book this! Totally worth it! I think our room was around $250 a night. We paid maybe $30 for valet parking but if you have to park somewhere else close by, you will have to pay that anyway and this way we did not have to fight concert goers for parking spaces. Everything was right there!

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: It is only 8 floors high so the best view is really facing west, toward CN tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jewels64Ontario
Dear jewels64Ontario,

We also can’t wait for you to come back! Thanks for trusting us to help you celebrate two very big special occasions. We’re glad that we could help make the experience special: a toast just isn’t the same with a stemless glass!

Please let us know when you’ll be back, and we’ll help recreate the experience.

Wishing you a happy year,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Pros:
- Next to Union Train/Subway station
- Breakfast service is fast and convenient
- Nice, well designed rooms
- Very competitive prices: $225 per night
- Longos (a huge grocery store) is inside the same building complex.
Cons:
- The only thing I think they can improve is the blinds. They do not block the light very well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Negroycanche
Dear Negroycanche,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We take sleep seriously, so if you have a moment, please let me know which room you were in so we can ensure that our maintenance team has a look at the blinds.

We’re happy you stayed with us, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,

Cold Lake, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

To start check in was awesome, our flight was delayed so did not get in until midnight. Front desk was polite helped me unload my car and gave each member of my family a bottle of water and an apple. On the phone when I placed my reservation I did mention I had a child with me and when I walked into the room and saw a crib set up and baby tub in the bathtub and also a baby monitor my mind was blown. The room was gorgeous and spacious and modern and WOW that is all I can say about the room. The bed was awesome among my favorites for beds and we stay in plenty of hotels. In the morning we went to the continental breakfast which again was shocking. Staff were so good to my family and a huge buffet with plenty of options catering to many different likes of customers. The locations was a few steps from the back entrance of the Air Canada Center and a two blocks from the sky dome and one block from the new aquarium and about three to five minute walk to the HHOF. For locations nobody can beat this. I will only stay here again for all of our trips to toronto sporting events. Truly the best hotel we stayed at and such amazing attention to all the little details and customer service second to nobody. MIND BLOWING

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Fabio P,

I am thoroughly impressed by how many sites you visited during your time in Toronto. Our concierges will be busy finding new experiences for your next trip. Fortunately, they love a challenge.

We’re also happy that your whole family felt welcome in our rooms. There are so many ways we can tailor our guests’ room setup to ensure that every guest has exactly what they need.

Our beds are always waiting.

Regards,

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This must be one of the finest hotels in Toronto,if not the finest!
My wife and our 2 teenage children were really spoilt....especially by the concierge desk-Susan and Gregory were beyond helpful and Spadryne and Jonathan,the best front desk people we encountered during our 2.5 week tour of Canada,all in 5 Star hotels.
We travel frequently and all over the world and we're sorry they're only in Canada,as they are more than world class...... The rooms are magnificent and unique,the place is tranquil and peaceful(unlike alot of other 5 Star hotels!)and the service is beyond compare.Stay here if you want a great experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Andrew G,

On behalf of Spadryne, Jonathan, Susan and Gregory, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. We’re all very glad that you appreciated the service we offer.

We hope you come back to the Great White North to see us again.

Best,