“Loved it!”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We loved Hotel Le Germain. This is a clean, crisp, modern hotel. We loved our room and found the service to be very attentive. Front desk was helpful and minor repairs were attended to immediately in the room. I agree the location is noisy so maybe the windows could have been a higher quailty to provide better noise blocking .. but we slept well regardless. Best part is the breakfast that was included. Great selection and quality of food for breakfast. We'd return to this property and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Very professional staff, helpful and courteous. Facility is very clean and well kept. Room was great, very modern design. Free wifi. My only "complaint" was my sleep, I was on the 8th floor and still a fair bit of street noise (note that they even provide ear plugs!) the bed itself was comfortable. Obviously this is a factor related to the location and I am also one whose primary residence is not in a downtown location. It is adjacent to AC Centre if that is of interest, and walking distance to a number of restaurants, as well as Union Station.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear DrbigT,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We appreciate the feedback.

For your next visit, please don’t hesitate to ask for a room that faces the courtyard. They tend to be the quietest. We are happy to accommodate requests, and of course, will remember all of your preferences for future stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I can't add much to what others have already said! This hotel IS "First Class". The visit to Toronto was to attend an event at the Air Canada Center, the hotel choice was made due to the proximity to the ACC. I can honestly say I could not have made a better choice. Great sleeping, extraordinarily comfortable beds, fantastic staff, anything you need, it's here.

I'm looking forward to trying the Le Germain in other cities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I decided last minute to drive to Toronto for the weekend. We prefer luxury hotels with great service and are willing to pay for it. The last three times we took a weekend trip to Toronto we stayed at The Trumph Hotel. Trumph Hotel's Service is awesome. This time however, I wanted to try something different so my husband went to Tripadvisor and saw that Le Germain was rated #2. Based on the reviews he thought we would like it. If you are looking for great service, convenient location, good food in a hotel DO NOT GO HERE.
We drove 4.5 hours on a Friday night to get to the hotel only to run into a terrible traffic jam. When our GPS directed us to turn onto the street the hotel was located on we were met by a closed road and police directing traffic. We didn't realize that there was a Hockey game that night and that roads would be closed down. We called the hotel and told them of our problem and they told us of an alternative route. It took us another 15 minutes to get to the hotel. When we finally pulled up to the hotel we waited for for 5 minutes for valet service as we had no idea where to park. I finally got out of the car walked into the hotel and asked "do you have valet service or what where the heck to we park our car?" The clerk at front desk told me someone would be "right out". We sat there for another 8 minutes and I decided to go back in and ask if they forgot us. On my way back in I was finally greeted by someone who asked if I wanted help with the car. Really? I could go on from here but I won't. I'm reading this review and thinking I'm putting in too much detail and it's getting boring. Botom Line: 1. Hotel is too close to Maple Leaf stadium it took us 30 minutes to get our car out of parking. 2. Service is not that great for a luxury hotel. 3. The shower in our suite was too hard to operate. 4. If a dark room is important for you to sleep please note that too much light came in through the room darkening shades. (Poor design) You want luxury and great service………..stay at the Trumph.

Room Tip: Poor location to stay during a sporting event
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freespirit48168
Management response:Responded March 25, 2014

Dear freespirit48168,

Being in the heart of the action can indeed cause some challenges. We work closely with the off-duty police officers who are directling traffic in order to ensure that any inconvenince to our guests is minimal and that we are able to welcome you properly. This did not happen on this occasion and I sincerely apologize for your arrival experience.

I have already contacted the traffic controllers to re-iterate that our guests need to be granted direct access even during heavy traffic periods and our Duty Managers are sure to speak to them prior to the events.

I would much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you and invite you to contact me directly at pdeladurantaye­@germainmapleleafsquare.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Paul de La Durantaye

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Close to all amenities, this hotel is superior. The restaurant downstairs, Eleven, is superb. It classic, uptown styling with food and décor were just what we were looking for. The rooms were elegant, well done, well designed and romantic rooms. The view was fantastic and we loved staying here. On a whim, we decided to try it and were very glad that we did. It is right next to the ACC and downstairs there is also the Sports bar which was amazing to walk through. We stopped for some drinks prior to our concert that evening. Perfect space.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband & I (both 50ish) decided to run away for a weekend and landed here. There wasn't anything about this hotel we didn't like. The rooms are super modern & lovely, the beds comfy but what really makes this hotel stand out is their AMAZING staff. Everyone person we interacted with made us fell that we were the most important in the building. Hats off to you!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear barriefolks,

You might be the first runaways that we’ve ever welcomed at the hotel.

Thank you for the compliment about our amazing staff – it is very well appreciated. We’re glad that we could make you feel great.

If you ever need to get away again, our doors are open.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The St. Germain at the ACC, and it's sister hotel on Mercer St/. (Queen and Peter Streets downtown) are known as the very best boutique hotels in the city. I have always been pampered beyond belief. The concierges are amazing, the rooms welcome you like a loving mother while on a business trip, the convenience of proximity to great restaurants and amenities at both hotels is a real bonus. Know that neither a discount hotel, but what's the expression ? " I am always satisfied with the best" . These places are indeed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank resto333

Dear resto333,

Your comment about our rooms welcoming you like a loving mother creates a wonderful image.

A hotel employee once commented that she remained motivated knowing that the pillows she arranges on the bed will be smiling at our guests as they enter their room. It is so nice to know that our guests appreciate it.

Thank you very much for the kind words, and we look forward to providing you with many warm welcomes.

Best,