“Excellence Award”

Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
“Excellence Award”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband & I spent a fabulous week in late July celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in Toronto. The staff at Le Germain were AMAZING!!
Upon arrival concierge had a scrumptious desert tray with crème brulee & fresh strawberries sent to our room; a sweet surprise ("Thank you Susan & Gregory!"). The room was modern, spotless & provided a very high level of comfort. I truly appreciated that our room was quiet; even the nighttime city lights & ruckus of the J. Bieber concert next door faded away once the windows & curtains were closed. The bed was a dream! Extremely comfortable. If I could have taken the bed back to Nassau with me I certainly would have.
The gym was well- equipped, well-lit. I missed having a pool, but this was a small thing compared to the overwhelmingly excellent service that the staff provided. No request was too much; even at 3am the front desk were polite & exceeding helpful.
We chose this hotel for many practical reasons: It's centrally located in downtown Toronto. It sits above a well-stocked LCBO, which we visited more than once. Shops, banking, Starbucks & the restaurant, "11" are all just steps away. We also chose Le Germain because the Trip Advisor ratings for this property were so positive. When grandparents & kids ( 8, 6, & 3 yrs.) joined us in the city we needed to have access to facilities, like those provided by Le Germain, easily & quickly. We ate several times at "11" & service was prompt & friendly. The food was prepared to a very high standard & was mouth-wateringly delicious. The Le Germain staff took extra care to consider the little ones, providing special pillows & treats for the kids. The concierge was well-informed, thoughtful, & offered advice on trips around the city that could accommodate all in our party (Grandma-bookstores, kids-zoo/movies, Grandpa-cycle shops...you name it concierge had the skinny on it).
I was particularly thankful that breakfast was included in our stay & that I didn't have to drag the kids any distance to feed them in the morning. Breakfast was always so fresh! Cheeses, yoghurts, fresh fruit & pastries, a selection of cereals, meats, steel-cut oatmeal, delicious coffee & tea...there was always a hot option at breakfast.
Le Germain is a pricier option, but a great value. Now, I've written quite a bit & could write more :) Truly, Le Germain exceeded all our expectations and made us feel like friends. We would absolutely stay at Le Germain again, in fact if in Toronto it's the only place we'd stay & we can't wait to do it again!!
Greetings and blessings from Nassau,
A. Fox

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Ayodele F,

We send our greetings and appreciation right back to you in Nassau. Since you can’t send actual sunshine and warmth to us right now, your kind words serve the same purpose.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your week with us. Extended families provide Susan and Gregory some of their greatest triumphs: they loved hearing that they were able to tailor your visit and meet a variety of needs. I’m so glad we found something for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you have a chance to visit Toronto.

Regards,
Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
toronto
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I came to the Le Germain at Maple Leaf Square because last time I went to the hockey game back in February I had THE most delicious Duck Confit Poutine. The other week I was with a friend who has recently moved from Australia back home and we were going to the ACC for a hockey game, so I told her about how we have to got o the Le Germain for a drink and these fries first. As soon as I got there I didn't even open the menu I knew exactly what I wanted and told our waitress, she had a kind of confused look on her face left and came back to tell me they took the fries off the menu! I was devastated. Our waitress was able to some how get the kitchen to make me this dish despite it being off the menu and just in time for our hockey game too!! I want to write this review as I really appreciate the service I got here and hope this brings those fries back onto their menu!!! I would also like to thank the server who was working that night (september 24th) as I forgot her name!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear andrea p,

Our Chef thanks you for the compliment – it feels good to get such great feedback. The server at the bar’s name is Shannon, and we made sure to pass your appreciation along.

Our general service philosophy is to not create unnecessary rules, so we’re glad that we had the ingredients on hand to help you enjoy your experience.

We look forward to seeing you at future Leafs games.

Bon appétit!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Definitely would stay here again. It beats the hell out of the Fairmont and just about any other hotel I've ever been to.

It's the little details that separate this hotel from the others, including having apples placed throughout the hotel that you can grab. Amazing food, an LCBO in the lower level as well as a Starbucks near by. The bed was to die for and the entire room just felt so chic and modern. It felt like spending a night in NYC. Prices are a little steep...but when compared to other places, it's worth it. Breakfast is included and it's a great breakfast with lots of healthy options. I opted for the steel cut oatmeal, among other things. So great! I suggest though ...do not go on a hockey night at the ACC. It's pretty loud because the ACC is right next door and people tend to crowd outside and scream haha.

Room Tip: The ACC facing view is the best. The CN Tower view may sound great, but the entire area is under con...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brampton
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had stayed here for one night last year and had raved about it so much I decided to bring my Mother for a night in the city for her birthday. We had a corner room (Bremner & York) with a view of the Roger's Centre and the CN Tower. The location is fantastic, a stone's throw from the Air Canada Centre (great for Leafs/Raptors games) and it was only a short cab ride to our dinner location, Rodney's Oyster House on King St. Another great plus was the fact that the hotel was linked by elevator to Longo's Grocery Store, so an easy stop for some munchies before returning to our room. The beds are very comfortable and easy to get lost in the pillows. The Tivoli iphone/ipod dock in the room is a great plus and the bathroom and bath amenities didn't disappoint. The complimentary continental breakfast was delicious and a great start to our morning. My Mom loved the room and is already looking forward to her second experience at this luxury hotel. As someone who lives only a 40 minute drive from downtown, I have commented that Le Germain will always be my home in the city. Currently looking for my next excuse for a night in T.O.!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AndyDon2012,

I’m glad your second visit lived up to the memory of the first.

Let us know if you want inspiration for your next stay: we’re full of great reasons to spend a night in Toronto!

Thanks for sharing your experience. We’ll be sure to keep the tradition alive for your third visit.

Cheers,

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had thirty six hours in Toronto last month and our good fortune was to choose a superior room at this hotel for our one night. The room was not just a superb modern design but welcoming too; a quiet haven in the City with a very comfortable bed, a spacious walk-in shower and every convenience to hand. The staff gave excellent and friendly service and helped us make the most of our short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Booked a suite which was first class, spacious, great ambiance. All the features in the hotek were first rate and would definately stay again. Very central and convienant. staff were great !!!!!!! BEST BED EVER

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sydney traveller
Reviewed October 2, 2013

downtown location not perfect, but everything else spot on!
>>Excellent sound insulation so noisy street not heard, nor other rooms
>>plush bed..excellent pillows
>> very fast free internet- I will publish speeds for future reference in all my reviews
>>ping 7ms download 19.5 mb
>>Nespresso machine free in room- no tea though so my wife would not be happy!
>> very nice bison burger room service- never eaten bison - can recommend to carnivores
>> 40 inch HD tv screen
>>a quilt with separate sheet so you have the choice- wish more hotels would offer this
>> great rate, but that may have been our Kilikanoon Canadian importer Charton Hobbs corporate rate!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business