“Contempory comfort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
“Contempory comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We recently travelled from Vancouver to Toronto on the Canadian train
So after 5 days we were looking forward to our hotel stay
We arrived at the hotel around 12 pm early and our room was ready..brilliant..from the moment we arrived everyone was so helpful and so nice
When Greg our doorman showed us into the room it was like WOW
So modern,very cool,very funky
A big comfy bed,heaps of room and the best shower ever
Add in a pod coffee machine and a great view from your room down onto the busy square below
The included breakfast is on the second floor
Beautifully laid out furniture and no hassle or rush
Just nice and casual with great continental food and modern coffee machines
You can access this floor for tea,coffee 24/7
Staff...couldn't be more helpful
Front deck,door,bar and cleaners
It's a credit to all staff as this is truly a great hotel with brilliant location and sensational facilities
Then the front bar...funky timber tables,great drink selection and staff...brilliant again
So anyone looking at a Toronto hotel mark this one down
It's just up the road to the cn tower and the baseball stadium
Around the corner to the harbour front
The whole area is walking distance
And it's all ultra new buildings and the happening place to be
Your definitely 5/5 hotel and worthy of it.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5 th floor and could not have been happier
1 Thank Gregfifi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northampton, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Hotel Le Germain in Maple Leaf Square is an ideal spot for people with business or pleasure in mind. It is a modern elegant hotel with the finest, I mean finest concierge I have ever had -- Susan is fabulous. For that matter, so is her co-concierge, Gregory. Rarely has a staff -- front desk, concierge, cleaning impressed me more. The continental breakfast is truly continental -- choices of cold meats, cheeses, yogurt, granola, a hot item, fresh fruits and a savory pastry and bread plate. Want a latte? It's there. The room -- for two with two queen beds -- was marvelously appointed, very, very clean and comfortable. The hotel's proximity to the CN Tower, the Air Canada Centre, the train station and shops is unbeatable. The waterfront is a short two block walk. Fabulous hotel!

Room Tip: My room was facing an office building/condo but I didn't mind. It was very quiet largely becaus...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family and friends in Toronto.

We stayed in a Luxury Room with the round bed. The room was a great size with a very decently sized sectional to chill out on, a huge bed, a walk in closet and giant bathroom. I wish all rooms were this big or well laid out.

Earplugs were provided on the bedside table but I never needed them. The windows and the two layers of rolling shades provided more than adequate sound insolation. Perhaps the earplugs were for the various construction projects in the area but we didn't hear any of those either.

We had limited encounters with service staff but those interactions were all well received.

The location was great, being just a few steps from Union Station and ample cabs driving by day and night.

As for negatives, there were a few which have made me drop a star in my rating.
- The bed side lamps were barely secured and were flopping all over the place
- Everyone who came to visit us in the room questioned the choice of "art" for the room. It was basically a 7 foot wide photograph of a guy working out. It personally didn't bother me but I could see how it would turn some people off. Let's get a bit of abstract art on the wall instead please.
- The coffee is NOT free even though it looks like it is. The room is equipped with Nespresso coffee machines and the pods are placed on the counter. The rest of the mini-bar chargeables are in a fridge under the counter, and in a glass drawer also under the counter. The price list for all of these goods are in the back of the drawer. It's BLATANTLY DECEPTIVE to have the price list in the back of the drawer out of view. On top of this, every hotel I have ever stayed at in every price range includes coffee as a free amenity, not a chargeable one. At $4 per Nespresso pod, the hotel is practically picking your pocket and the only time you'll find out is when you check out. Very unimpressive. If you're going to charge for something, make it obvious. No one needs surprise charges. This is a classy hotel, not a car dealership.

Regardless, I would still stay here again.

1 Thank eskayo
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear eskayo,

Thank you for your review. Your perspective is definitely noted and we have already made changes to make it clearer that there is a charge associated with using the capsules. I sincerely apologize for the confusion; it was not our intention to mislead you.

The complimentary coffee and tea service that we offer is available 24/7 on the 2nd floor.

I’m very happy to see that you will be coming back to visit us again, and look forward to meeting you then.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel for my family coming to visit me to Toronto. The room was very clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitively I will book a room in this hotel for my family next visit!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions & it's a fantastic hotel in a great location. Initially we had planned to stay in another hotel on the second visit as it was slightly cheaper. After a few hours staying in a Starwood hotel we called back to change our reservation. With the fantastic breakfast & free wifi it is good value. The rooms are beautiful, modern & clean. We found the staff exceptional & next time we travel in Canada will definitely search for Le Germain hotels!!

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family of 4 visited Toronto for the first time and our stay at Hotel Le Germain was excellent. The hotel is perfectly located to allow for walking to almost every where. The room was spacious and clean. The beds were quite comfortable. The staff was friendly and professional and very helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was wonderful. Best shower head I ever experienced. The staff leaned over backwards to be helpful. The linens were beyond comfortable. The TV was a huge flat screen. The location was walking distance to everything.Security was phenomenal. All in all, one of the best hotels I ever visited.
My only complaint is that the brunch was mediocre...no nice breads, omelets, or waffles. There was no regular coffee pot accessible all day for guests. The pot that was accessible only made cappechino and espresso,s decaf was broken. I let them know that when I got there, but when I left 3 days later, it still didn't work.

Dear Shelynne,

We’re proud to be dubbed one of the best – thanks for the honour.

We’ve been able to have the technician come in to repair our coffee machine; my apologies for the fact that it wasn’t working properly during your stay.

Next time you’re visiting us, please let us know and we’ll show you how to make an Americano on our machine. That’s my drink of choice, and I’d be happy to share my recipe.

Your safety and comfort are at the heart of what we do, so I was happy to read your review.

See you next time you’re in Toronto.

Regards,