“Love this hotel”

Ranked #6 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stylish, modern, lovely rooms, great service and good food. My favorite hotel in Toronto. Very well situated for downtown and the city airport. Highly recommend it for business or personal trips. Every stay has been a good one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Harriscoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Delhi, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

They exceeded expectations. All staff, from the concierge, front desk, valets, room staff, even the maintenance guys really are that helpful and pleasant. Stayed three nights and enjoyed every minute. There are cheaper prices but overall I felt it was good value. I am disabled (use a scooter), travel alone and the layout of the rooms, facilities and staff services made for easy access and special requests being met. I came in to Toronto via train and even with the construction at Union Station I was off the train and checked into my room within thirty minutes! I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with a terrace are great for entertaining.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Greg S,

I have a family member who is in a wheelchair, and have witnessed what a pain (literally) travelling can be when the hotel environment is unsuitable.

We aim to make every guest’s life easier; we’re successful if you’re just a bit sad to leave.

I’m glad you’ll be coming back, and look forward to meeting you during a future stay.

Safe travels,

international
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My hubby and I had stayed at Le Germain Hotel on Mercer Street and loved it so thought we would try this one during our recent stay in Toronto to visit family. As it is a newer hotel, we drove and used GPS to find it, but almost passed it because the signage is not very good (just a Giant 'g' on the outside). It is right beside Air Canada place so if you are going there for an event it is very well situated. We had flown all day and were famished so we each had a glass of wine in the bar before going up to the room. We were going to order an appetizer but were told it would take 20 minutes and we had a dinner reservation. Our bill came to $35 for the 2 glasses of wine including tax which was a bit of a shock. (And Toronto is my home town). The room we had was beautiful, and we were happy to see that it included an expresso maker, but each pod cost $2. We are not usually one to complain since we are happy to pay for the finer things in life, but this seemed a little over the top. A plus was the free wifi and breakfast buffet. All in all, this was a very good hotel but with 5 star prices.

1 Thank steff0566
Bridgetown
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I had an excellent stay at the Hotel Le Germain. We received a welcome from the Concierge, a platter with doughnuts, wine - quite a surprise. The staff were welcoming, friendly and extremely helpful. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent. The room was out of this world, it was really tastefully designed and decorated. The bed was quite comfortable.
The hotel's location allows for easy access to downtown Toronto and I must say the view from our room was fantastic -the CN Tower especially at night. This is my first stat at the hotel and I will definitely return. I highly recommend the Hotel Le Germain to all. If you want an excellent, enjoyable, no hassle stay at a hotel while in Toronto, go to The Hotel Le Gemain.
I give this hotel 10 stars.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Annette M,

Ten stars! We’re honoured. Thank you for the wonderful review. We intend to earn those stars each and every time you return to our hotel.

I will look forward to meeting you during one of your future stays.

Happy travelling,

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a birthday weekend in Toronto back in November 2012, with my mom.
The hotel is lovely, very modern and chic.
The room we originally got was facing only the Telus building and we could only see windows of that building.
We requested another room, and no questions asks, we got another room; actually an upgrade.
It is very cool, all the personalized items they have.
They have personalized "Hotel le Germaine'' on the glasses, napkins, stationery set, ear plugs, and another item which I will leave you to find out.
The breakfast was good. I wish there would have been more to choose from though, as it was a continental type breakfast. It was good, but just not a lot of variety.
The rooms were clean and again, lovely.

I didn't want to leave. I shall return one day when I have money!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kelly J,

I love the element of mystery/discovery you included in your review. If you haven’t already, you could consider a career in marketing.

While the breakfast is still continental, we’ve revamped our selection of pastries and muffins; a change we feel has stepped it up a notch.

We hope to help you celebrate your birthday again this year.

Cheers,

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wanted a getaway for our 15th anniversary and decided on this hotel based upon the reviews on Trip Advisor. I e-mailed the concierge before we came to get some restaurant recommendations and casually mentioned that it was our anniversary. When we arrived at the hotel, there was a hand-written note wishing us a Happy Anniversary and a tray of delectable desserts. The customer service at this hotel is truly extraordinary. Gregory, the concierge, treated us like celebrities and was so friendly and thoughtful.
The hotel is trendy without being the least bit intimidating. The bed is as comfortable as any I have ever slept in. Breakfast is served until 11:30 (12 on the weekends) so you can sleep as late as you like and still wander in knowing you will be fed.
It's true that this area of the city is in the midst of a major construction boom and you are right smack in the middle of things when you stay here. But the hotel still feels like an oasis and the location allowed us to walk to almost everything, including our favorites: the art museum (AGO), the St. Lawrence Market, and the Distillery District.
Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a wonderful weekend!

Dear Jonathan S,

You are very welcome! The only thing that’s better than a happy guest is TWO happy guests. Your anniversary is worth celebrating, so we’re glad to help you indulge.

Let us know any time you want to feel like a celebrity, and we’ll roll out the red carpet.

Congrats again,

London, Ontario
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We are staying the night in this beautiful property. In as much as we are extremely happy with the hotel and amenities, we are more happy with the customer service. The staff is like no other that we have experienced in Toronto. We were welcomed back by the consierge Gregory and when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised to find a note and a beautiful plate with fruit and a mouse cake and two cookies for the kids. I have a worshop coming up in September in Toronto and I am wishing I could stay here for that instead of the host hotel. The only thing we haven't enjoyed so far is the extreme traffic in front of the hotel due to a closed road and merging streets. We hopped into a cab at the front door and it took about 10 minutes to get to the lights which I swear is 50m from the front door.

The location though despite the traffic cannot be beat! The CN tour is across the street and so is the new Ripley's aquarium which will open soon. Look no further! Book here and you will not be disappointed!! Thank you to the staff of Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family