“Hotel overrated”

Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sudbury, Canada
“Hotel overrated”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The value simply is not there for the cost of staying at this facility. Many other hotels in same area offer as good a facililty for half the price. Breakfast was very good but again other locations offer the same service.
What is with a full length bathroom shower blind controlled from outside the bathroom?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear wilf c,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. I’m very sorry that you didn’t find the value in our product.

Our showers attract a lot of attention and spur many conversations. We understand that some people prefer more traditional room layouts, and have rooms available to accommodate those requests. The entire staff is always available to help our guests; our raison d’être is your well-being.

If you would like to contact me to provide further insight into where you feel we could have improved, I would be happy to speak with you. My email address is mhenderson@germainmapleleafsquare.com .

Best,

Director of Rooms Division

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
boston, MA
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the Le Germain last week for two nights as I wanted to visit Toronto. The hotel is
very modern with the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Good buffet breakfast inlcuded in the price. The staff was very friendly and helpful with a restaurant reservation and
when I put the tv on to watch the Blue Jays-Red Sox game and all audio was in Japanese. I
went to the desk to ask how to get the ballgame in English and they told me they would look
into it and call my room. Five minutes later, someone came to the room the tell me that I had
on the international channel and that the game was on another station in English (who knew
or expected the game to be on two different channels).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bob l
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Kon’nichiwa bob I,

Kyōyū suru tame no okage de (thanks for sharing). Toronto is a melting pot of the world’s cultures, so it’s great that you jumped right in for the full experience. We’re glad to have been able to provide you with an excellent sleep.

We will see what linguistic surprises we can come up with for your next visit.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Kokora kara,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I, along with our families, stayed at Le Germain Maple Leaf Square during our
wedding weekend in May. We also hosted a farewell brunch at the hotel for
our wedding guests. From the check-in process to the amazing food,
everything was executed with perfection. The staff was extremely friendly
and helpful, and everyone was aware of our event, taking the time to
congratulate us and offer any assistance possible all weekend.

The front desk staff was exceptional. They were not only the most
professional and inviting hotel staff I've experienced, but they went above
and beyond to help us and our guests. When we took some professional photos
at the hotel, a staff member customized the lighting in the lobby to better
coordinate with our colors.

During our Sunday brunch, the toaster stopped working. Immediately, the
staff began toasting bread in the kitchen and individually serving guests. I
was so impressed with their quick action and amazing customer service!

The rooms were breathtaking. The beds were extremely comfortable and the
bathroom amenities were luxurious. My husband and I each received treats and
welcome notes from the wonderful Meeting and Events Sales Manager we worked
with, which was such a lovely and personal touch.

It was truly a perfect and effortless weekend thanks to the wonderful hotel,
especially the staff. We can't wait for our next stay at Le Germain Maple
Leaf Square!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lyaqub
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Due to the many positive reviews on TripAdvisor I made a reservation at Hôtel Le Germain and boy was that a great decision. The service was beyond amazing, the rooms were modern, impeccably clean and comfortable. Le Germain is in a great location and the staff was not shy about offering great suggestions on things to do. From the moment we pulled up this was a 5-star experience and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Always check the reviews before booking and if you can, call the hotel and ask questions. Good custo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LMS104
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I, along with our 2 year old daughter would like to thank the staff at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square for an amazing stay last night.

From the time I made the reservations until we checked out, we were treated like valued customers and like gold. I was very impressed with the politeness and thoughtfulness of the front desk staff as we were immediately upgraded for no reason, which made our stay that much better.

There were several very thoughtful things in our room already set up for our daughter. A baby monitor, a robe, a toddler bath tub, a diaper geenie, and a very cute lamb blanket just for her. It made her very happy, which makes my wife and I very happy.

You can tell that they pay attention to every single detail to make your stay comfortable, enjoyable and worry free.

Our room was very spacious, very clean and the amnesties are simply the best. It was quiet, and very chic, and the hotel had many little touches that make it what it is, the best hotel in Toronto.

We were extremely impressed and will surely stay there again. The attention to detail and the thoughtfulness that was put into our stay was unbelievable on the part of the staff and we thank them for that.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jonandangie
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear jonandangie,

I have passed your comments about the lamb blanket onto our housekeeping team. The 3-for-1 happiness factor made their day.

We feel that everyone deserves to shine, so we’re glad you felt like gold. After all, it’s all in the details!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I would like to recognize Le Germaine for their fine hotel and excellent service. From valet staff to management, my experience was 5 star. In particular, our company just completed a 2 day workshop that included a medical emergency and all staff went above and beyond to assist us. There are plenty of hotels to choose from in this city, and, for me, service is what separates the good from the great.

In particular, I would like to recognize Nadine, Lana, and Julian for their excellent service and attitude. It made a lasting impression upon attendees and made for a successful event.

Ian Daley
Learning & Development
NovoNordisk Canada Inc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel many times and they consistantly provide top notch service. The rooms are impeccable. It is in a great location for those that want to see the city. I travel a great deal and stay in many hotels. One of the things that always strikes me about this hotel is that nothing ever seems to be too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trish H
Dear Trish H,

We’re glad to have you as a regular guest. Knowing that you appreciate what’s going on behind the scenes is very motivating for our team. We can do just about anything, and enjoy knowing that our efforts make a difference.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,