“Outstanding service at Hotel Le Germain!”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario
“Outstanding service at Hotel Le Germain!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Purchased the "Game On" package for my husbands birthday. Spoke to Gregory when booking it and he was most helpful. Check in was quick and friendly. We were in our room about a half an hour when there was a knock at the door. It was some tasty pastries, fruit, a welcome note wishing a Happy Birthday and to say they are thrilled to have us stay with them. Completely unexpected and so very nice. Later, we went down to the lobby and had the pleasure of meeting Susan who showed us around at bit. The breakfast was great...the whole experience was great - staff happy and friendly. We had a fabulous time. Would definately the stay there again. Thank you to Susan, Gregory and the staff for a most memorable stay. Outstanding customer service.

Room Tip: We had room 828 that had a great view of the CN tower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SusW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newmarket
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Spent one night in a Superior King room. Rooms were modern, sleek yet comfortable. Thoughtful little amenities everywhere. Technology in the room is advanced, and customer service is warm and thoughtful. Highly recommended.

3 Thank Sarah L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at! Great location, outstanding service and amazing rooms! Very modern and extremely clean. Staff were fantastic from check-in to check-out. I would reccomend this hotel to everyone!

1 Thank Jessica W
Toronto
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband surprised me with and we stayed on Jan 19/20 2013, to celebrate our anniversary. We had the most perfect suite with a huge balcony which overlooked the ACC Room 608. It was clean, and every detail was thought of to make you feel at home. The hotel left several little surprises on the table. There was a slice of cake on a slate tray with fruit, a candle and chocolates. The bed was so comfortable, as were the linens. The bath and rainfall shower amazing. All the toiletries were amazing. All staff was friendly and very helpful. We were going to go out for dinner but opted for room service instead, to enjoy the beautiful room and to avoid the freezing temperature. The food was just ok! :o( There were items missing from the dinner tray’s butter and cutlery. The creamers were missing in refrigerator for coffee, and cutlery and salt and pepper missing from breakfast trays. Next time we will go out for sure. All in all we loved the hotel, and will take their dining suggestions next time.

Room Tip: Lots of noise on the ACC end during events, but that's to be expected.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tuesdaysgone
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hotel Le Germain maple Leaf Square worked with me to set up our Holiday party this year. Everything turned out wonderful, there were zero issues and multiple compliments. The rooms were magnificent, the meals splendid and the service was 5 Diamonds all night long. The staff went out of their way to ensure that everyone had the best time possible and left nothing to the imagination!
This hotel can certainly count on us having another Holiday Party at your location sometimes in the future!

Room Tip: Try the suites...unbelievable rooms!
3 Thank Dayel1956
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It's a new contemporary hotel - I particularly liked the apples which were available everywhere in the hotel. When it comes to food, the breakfast doesn't provide variety and is quite limited. The gym is small, very small!
The room had somewhat weird set up with the shower sort of in the middle of the room... but in general all was good!

1 Thank LoraTraveling
Vancouver
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've travelled (a lot) for business for over 12 years but this was my first time at le Germain. I was impressed with almost everything about this hotel - with one big exception (more on that later). First the good stuff... Highlights include:

- EXCELLENT DESK STAFF: Friendly and helpful front desk staff. I really felt like they actually cared whether I would enjoy my stay or not. I arrived late but my suite was not ready. They handled it well and despite the delay I eased into my arrival comfortably.

- WELL DESIGNED LOBBY, etc: The hotel is well designed and also well located.

- SPACIOUS AND WELL DESIGNED SUITE - I was very impressed with my suite. It had two bathrooms, one with a rain shower and decent bath. The bed was awesome... I didn't want to leave this suite; it was amazing! Amenities in the suite were very good, with details like reading sconces, designer elements, sexy furniture, massive flatscreen TV set nicely into the wall. Only drawback was the ((lack of) view into the courtyard and offices.

My one main criticism of le Germain (and it's a big one) is that they don't provide a hot breakfast - even with room service. I called down and tried to order two poached eggs. Eventually I spoke to a lady in roomservice (whose English wasn't great) and asked for two poach eggs with my breakfast. "OK" was the response but when it arrived she brought me two cold hard boiled eggs. Evidently she didn't understand that I asked for "poached" but she did understand "eggs". It didn't matter because as I discovered, le Germain doesn't offer a hot breakfast. Seriously? I was surprised and mildly irritated. I don't expect a good, hot breakfast at a Marriot Courtyard or Hampton Inn, but this was a full service hotel in the middle of a major city. No hot eggs... Really? When I sauntered down to the communal eating spot on the 2nd floor it was filled with business people eating their cereal, oatmeal, fruits, - but no omelette station. This is one area I strongly advise management to reconsider... A person should be able to get a couple of poached eggs for breakfast without having to leave the hotel... Just a thought.

Another, small suggestion, is to move the treadmill in gym to an adjacent room. When someone is running on it, the sound is unbelievably loud, even with iPod earphones... It's not fun to do your workout with what sounds like a herd of elephants trampling beside you. A guys was running flat out when I was on the cycle in front of him and it was "thump thump thump" for 30 minutes... Annoying.

I shared this feedback with the gentleman at the front desk when I paid my bill and checked out. He seemed genuinely interested in getting the feedback, even writing it down. Overall, this is a great hotel with great rooms - and great front desk staff. If they could improve the dining options, I believe I would stay here always when in Toronto.

1 Thank thirty-something72