“Modern, new hotel”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #4 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is really conveniently located right next to Union Station and Air Canada Centre. What stands out is the friendly service from check-in, at the bar to room service. Some things are well thought out, for example the jug of water in the room (which you can refill near the elevator on every floor)

There is an iPod dock in each room, and the windows are huge with a desk alongside. Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom is compact but comfortable with dressing gowns, towels and Molton Brown toiletries.. The only thing I did not like was the shower. Maybe it is because the hotel is "green" so the rain shower was very weak. There was a handheld shower which was better than the rain shower. The hot/cold direction was a little hard to work out but afterwards I saw in the hotel directory instructions on how to use the shower.

Room service was quick and it was very good. Had a drink in the bar which had good ambience. Internet was also complimentary and fast. Breakfast was a pretty good continental breakfast buffet with good selection of tea and coffee, juice, bakery, cheese, ham, bread, gourmet cereal ...

I'd definitely stay here again. If you are looking for a new modern hotel with a great room and friendly service and convenient location then this is it.

If you are coming from the airport, take the Airport Express Connect bus - it's very convenient and the bus has wifi as well for free.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lovetotravelhk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of our holiday in canada, it was the best hotel of our stay, when we checked in we were given an upgrade to an executive suite. It was lovely, a modern suite with big soft king bed, bathroom with bath and double sized shower cubicle with waterfall shower, molton brown products, two TV's. We didn't realise when we booked that the film festival was on and Madonna was in concert in the air canada centre right next to the building but we didnt hear any noise and gave a great atmosphere in the hotel. Being english we like our tea and there was plenty to chose from in the lounge area on the 2nd floor we were able to get a good cup of earl grey to take back to our rooms when we returned in the afternoon from sight seeing. The breakfast was good, plenty to chose from it was buffet style which we like. We had an brilliant time and will return to this hotel again when we come back to canada.

Room Tip: our room 519 faced office blocks so not much of a view in future may ask for one with views of the...
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Hotel Le Germain is located directly next to the Air Canada Centre and very near Rogers Center so it's perfect location for events and sports. My first comment about the hotel would be that while it's definitely a business hotel I certainly loved that the design mixes many different textures from concrete, wood, cloth, and aluminum to give the hotel a slightly modern edge. The internet is blazing so that's a big plus and rooms are of very good size. Gym could use a lil more cardio equipment but there's a decent weight section. My one minus would be that breakfast isn't a full service. Otherwise food was great and there is a great restaurant connected as well as a sports bar. Staff is great as well. All and All are great find for me in Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square for the night of our wedding. I had called the hotel to let them know that this was a special night for us and if there was anything special that could be done (rose petals etc.). I was told that something could be done to accommodate such a special occasion and that if we would like alcohol (champagne) it would cost extra. Considering we were paying $400 for the one night, I did not feel that it was necessary to pay more for the champagne and figured, from the experience my friend had had earlier that month at the other Hotel Le Germain, that anything done would be more than stellar, given the reviews.

To my disappointment, when we arrived at the hotel, all that was left for us was 2 pieces of chocolate on the living room table. I was a little disappointed, and had I known NOTHING would have been done for our wedding night as I was told would be done, I would have had my bridesmaids prepare the suite a little better so that it did not seem like regular hotel suite.

This is not to say that the accommodations were not beautiful, because they were. The bathroom, waterfall shower-head, big comfortable king bed and two TV's were amazing. The room was exactly as it was described. I just feel as though I would have either cancelled my reservation and gone to the Hilton (Which included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the same price for their suite) or had my bridesmaids make the place a little more romantic - especially for our wedding night.

I probably would not stay in the suites again unless a special occasion calls for it, because it was a little expensive - however the hotel location, the cleanliness and attractiveness of the rooms cannot be discounted.

in short:
1. beautiful hotel
2. lacking accurate representation of service requested

2  Thank Arts_RT
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Raha T,

Above all, let me apologize for having disappointed you on your special day. We truly enjoy helping people with their celebrations, and I am very sorry that we missed our cue.

Given the uniqueness of each wedding couple who stays at the hotel, I would really like to speak with you directly for further clarification. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel any time. I cannot undo your last experience; however, it would be great to have the opportunity to help make your next occasion perfect.

Congratulations on your nuptials.

Best regards,
Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great location between Air Canada centre and Rogers place.
A little expensive for the value but it was during TIFF.
Excellent property, well designed and maintained but over priced.
The room service was fast and pretty good.
The included breakfast was ordinary but acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelW66
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed 4 days at Le Germain with my husband and two teenage girls and we loved this hotel. It is modern and stylish and we had a Luxury room with two queen beds that was huge! The beds are very comfortable and the bedding white and soft. The plus for us was the walk-in wardrobe that allowed us to put our bags away and keep the bedroom clear. The bathroom was amazing in both size and concept - very big walk-in shower and two sinks. Water pressure was a bit low I felt but this seemed to be the case in all the hotels we stayed in during our 2 week Canadian trip.
The toilet was in the bathroom and separated by a sliding glass opaque door.
Cookies and fresh berries were placed on a grey slate plate as a welcome to our stay in the room. Very thoughtful.
Breakfast was included and if you like a decent cup of coffee this is the hotel for you! Fresh fruit, pastries and a selection of breads, hams and cheese, hard boiled eggs only though. My only complaint here is the quality of the two jams on offer - the runniest strawberry jam I have ever come across and another cinnamon based jam that none of us enjoyed. Breakfast staff were lovely and efficient.
You should be aware that although you will find a Nespresso machine in your room with a small choice of capsules, you will be charged for using them! These have always been complimentary in the various hotels I have stayed in before so be warned! Management will no doubt tell me that free coffee is available on the 2nd floor but do I really want to wander down in my nightie looking like death to grab myself a coffee to wake myself up?! No I don't think so and anyway it's not the price it's the principle!
Special thanks to the two reservation agents Alexandra and Scarlet who although are behind the scenes made a very good impression of the service that Le Germain strives for.
There is a supermarket with lots of fresh produce that is accessible via the hotel that we found very handy too.
We stayed mid August at the hotel and there was work going on at the front of the hotel- they are relaying the pavements so if you want a lie-in ask for a room away from the front or check when the work will be finished.
This was our favorite hotel of all the four other hotels booked during our stay. Loved the lighting fixtures - so nice to see a hotel that doesn't have reproduction furniture and not a flowery bedspread or curtains anywhere!! Air conditioning very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cocopops06
Reviewed September 4, 2012

we stayed at this hotel september sat 1 to sunday 2 in 2012 this hotel was the best i stayed in at united states and canda. The hotel was very very clean the rooms were really modern and the poeple were really freindly and did not push anything on you. We had parking till 5pm and came back at 7 30 and thought we woould have to pay extra charges but they were sooo kind and did not mind at all. Also this hotel was in the middle off everthing you could park your car they have vallett parking and the cnn tower is walking distance and you could also walk to take a ferry across to the island. IF you have any questions email me at andreykck9@hotmail.com i will try to answer your questions any way i can and hopefully this will help someone with booking there hotels.

Room Tip: "rooms are really clean and nice