Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Fairmont.com
$132
$128
  • Breakfast included
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$213
$422
$336
Travelocity
1,317 results
All reviewsair canada centreunion stationcn towerround bedreal sports barmolton brown toiletriesrain showernespresso machinerogers centreglass showerconcierge teammodern hotelhockey gamehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastoffice buildingyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square for the night of our wedding. I had called the hotel to let them know that this was a special night for us and if there was anything special that could be done (rose petals etc.). I was told that something could be done to accommodate such a special occasion and that if we would like alcohol (champagne) it would cost extra. Considering we were paying $400 for the one night, I did not feel that it was necessary to pay more for the champagne and figured, from the experience my friend had had earlier that month at the other Hotel Le Germain, that anything done would be more than stellar, given the reviews.

To my disappointment, when we arrived at the hotel, all that was left for us was 2 pieces of chocolate on the living room table. I was a little disappointed, and had I known NOTHING would have been done for our wedding night as I was told would be done, I would have had my bridesmaids prepare the suite a little better so that it did not seem like regular hotel suite.

This is not to say that the accommodations were not beautiful, because they were. The bathroom, waterfall shower-head, big comfortable king bed and two TV's were amazing. The room was exactly as it was described. I just feel as though I would have either cancelled my reservation and gone to the Hilton (Which included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the same price for their suite) or had my bridesmaids make the place a little more romantic - especially for our wedding night.

I probably would not stay in the suites again unless a special occasion calls for it, because it was a little expensive - however the hotel location, the cleanliness and attractiveness of the rooms cannot be discounted.

in short:
1. beautiful hotel
2. lacking accurate representation of service requested

2  Thank Arts_RT
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Raha T,

Above all, let me apologize for having disappointed you on your special day. We truly enjoy helping people with their celebrations, and I am very sorry that we missed our cue.

Given the uniqueness of each wedding couple who stays at the hotel, I would really like to speak with you directly for further clarification. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel any time. I cannot undo your last experience; however, it would be great to have the opportunity to help make your next occasion perfect.

Congratulations on your nuptials.

Best regards,
Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great location between Air Canada centre and Rogers place.
A little expensive for the value but it was during TIFF.
Excellent property, well designed and maintained but over priced.
The room service was fast and pretty good.
The included breakfast was ordinary but acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelW66
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed 4 days at Le Germain with my husband and two teenage girls and we loved this hotel. It is modern and stylish and we had a Luxury room with two queen beds that was huge! The beds are very comfortable and the bedding white and soft. The plus for us was the walk-in wardrobe that allowed us to put our bags away and keep the bedroom clear. The bathroom was amazing in both size and concept - very big walk-in shower and two sinks. Water pressure was a bit low I felt but this seemed to be the case in all the hotels we stayed in during our 2 week Canadian trip.
The toilet was in the bathroom and separated by a sliding glass opaque door.
Cookies and fresh berries were placed on a grey slate plate as a welcome to our stay in the room. Very thoughtful.
Breakfast was included and if you like a decent cup of coffee this is the hotel for you! Fresh fruit, pastries and a selection of breads, hams and cheese, hard boiled eggs only though. My only complaint here is the quality of the two jams on offer - the runniest strawberry jam I have ever come across and another cinnamon based jam that none of us enjoyed. Breakfast staff were lovely and efficient.
You should be aware that although you will find a Nespresso machine in your room with a small choice of capsules, you will be charged for using them! These have always been complimentary in the various hotels I have stayed in before so be warned! Management will no doubt tell me that free coffee is available on the 2nd floor but do I really want to wander down in my nightie looking like death to grab myself a coffee to wake myself up?! No I don't think so and anyway it's not the price it's the principle!
Special thanks to the two reservation agents Alexandra and Scarlet who although are behind the scenes made a very good impression of the service that Le Germain strives for.
There is a supermarket with lots of fresh produce that is accessible via the hotel that we found very handy too.
We stayed mid August at the hotel and there was work going on at the front of the hotel- they are relaying the pavements so if you want a lie-in ask for a room away from the front or check when the work will be finished.
This was our favorite hotel of all the four other hotels booked during our stay. Loved the lighting fixtures - so nice to see a hotel that doesn't have reproduction furniture and not a flowery bedspread or curtains anywhere!! Air conditioning very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cocopops06
Reviewed September 4, 2012

we stayed at this hotel september sat 1 to sunday 2 in 2012 this hotel was the best i stayed in at united states and canda. The hotel was very very clean the rooms were really modern and the poeple were really freindly and did not push anything on you. We had parking till 5pm and came back at 7 30 and thought we woould have to pay extra charges but they were sooo kind and did not mind at all. Also this hotel was in the middle off everthing you could park your car they have vallett parking and the cnn tower is walking distance and you could also walk to take a ferry across to the island. IF you have any questions email me at andreykck9@hotmail.com i will try to answer your questions any way i can and hopefully this will help someone with booking there hotels.

Room Tip: "rooms are really clean and nice
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The staff are super friendly and effective. From Omar at the door, to Neal (sp?) at the desk, to concierge Gregory, to Michael in the bar, all are quick with smiles and service. The designers of the suites have excelled and are a big reason we return to this hotel, or the other in the entertainment district. Little glitches that arose in the past have been addressed. We will be back.

Room Tip: The executive suite style is spacious and suits us well. The suites with balcony seem pointless as this is not really a location with special views in any direction - Toronto is almost wall-to-wall condos noaw. South exposures face an adjoining part of the building but at a distance that does not impose.