“Brilliantly cool”

Ranked #5 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Brilliantly cool”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Central location in Toronto near the CN tower. The staff were low key and friendly. The hotel was quiet and the furnishings and rooms were ultra-cool. Great bed. Great room service wine list. I would go back to Toronto just to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My first visit to the Le Germain hotel was as good as expected. Hotel has great location, modern design and outstanding service. Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Gave it a shot last December for the first time,being from Montreal,I knew about this great chain and was looking forward to it.They did not disappoint...From my first call to make a reservation ,passing by when I got there,until when I checked-out,everything was a breeze.I experienced an in-room massage,with the therapist Naomi.She was very experienced,knew exactly where and how I need pressure,I recommend her in a heart beat!

Since I have been going back and forth from Montreal to Toronto,I was aware of not being able to watch the Habs on tv unless they Play the Leafs.Le Germain staff sent me their guy who in charge for technical support and found a way to plug my laptop to the tv so I can watch it on their big flat screen instead of my laptop!!!What a service !

Everything in the room is thought about.First of,the unit was very spacious,lots of light coming from the window .Long desk overlooking the window .For the coffee lovers they have an espresso machine in the room with different favors offered.I could go on and on,I know I am forgetting things but most importantly,they won a new and loyal costumer in me!Thanks again for the top noch service!

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank HabsfanJez
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend was in Toronto for business, so I joined him for 4 nights in late November. Great location - within walking distance to CN Tower and access to the subway right across the street. Clean modern decor and wonderful service - the female concierge (sorry, can't remember her name!) was particularly fabulous and super helpful! Had a pricey ($25) but very delicious turkey burger in the bar/lounge, and I loved the breakfast buffet - sliced meats, cheeses, gravlax, yogurt, granola, pastries, hard boiled eggs, porridge, fruit, roasted potatoes, mini quiches...all delicious and in a beautiful light-filled lounge area! Fabulous quality coffee/tea machine too. The free hotel wifi and computer in the lounge were also very handy. Rooms were contemporary and uber comfy - the beds are like heaven and are so hard to leave (so much so that we are actually very tempted to order the mattress from the hotel website!).

Negatives: the gym is very small and sad and totally uninspiring. And for those of you who have thin eyelids like me, the room does not get totally dark - the blackout blinds do not entirely cover the edges of the windows so you see the bright digital displays from Air Canada Centre. There's also annoying blinking lights from the in-room coffee machine.

However, I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HoneyGirl88
MDHenderson, Director of Front Office at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear HoneyGirl88,

Thanks very much for your review. I couldn’t agree with you more about Susan being particularly fabulous. I’ll make sure that the compliment is passed on.

I also appreciate the feedback about the blackout blinds. Our rooms that face the centre of the complex are less affected by the flash of the ACC. We can also ensure that your Nespresso machine is turned off prior to your arrival. When you have the opportunity to return to our hotel, please feel to reach out to me in advance so I can ensure that your preferences are met.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hôtel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square.

Safe travels,

Murray Henderson
Director of Front Office
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had heard a great deal about this chain so I decided to try one out. Very nice looking room, good staff and fine location. The clue to what the downside was should have been the complimentary set of earplugs on the nightstand. I was on the 5th floor with a room that faced the Gardiner Expressway, so between the highway noise and the people yelling at street level, there wasn’t much doubt that this was the most needed room amenity in the hotel.

Room Tip: avoid any room that faces the expressway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mhny2525
Vancouver
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is officially my favourite hotel! In the heart of everything. The rooms are just amazing, I have a hard time leaving in the morning to head for work on Bay. The Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hotel has a large well appointed gym. Amazing rainfall shower and bedside lighting controls.

I'll stay here any chance I get!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Noxy05
London UK
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Canada for a wedding. The hotel is smart, beautifully decorated and the service is exceptional. The staff were unfailingly polite helpful and seemed genuinely interested and friendly. Rooms were spacious and attractive. Wonderful big showers and bathroom.
The location is central. Beneath the hotel is a huge supermarket where one can buy food to bring into the hotel. Unusually the hotel actually brings this to your attention!

The bride and groom actually stayed one night (prior to the wedding) at very late notice and the staff prepared a little welcoming treat for them in their room.
We enjoyed it so much we stayed a further night before leaving Canada and found exactly the same hospitable treatment.
Lounge with tea and coffee available free all day.
Small but decent gym.