“I added mango slices to my hot & sour soup . . . Delicious”
Review of Mandarin

Mandarin
Ranked #474 of 10,299 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: The Queensway
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed March 23, 2019

After celebrating Chinese New Year in Guangzhou, China, I celebrated a second time with friends in Toronto. The overall quality of the Mandarin’s buffet offerings was very good, as was the wide variety. I’m glad that I had made reservations, as there were well over 60 people waiting. Of the over 150 food offerings (including about 50 dessert offerings), I tried about 25, which included about 15 small amounts from the salad bar. All the food we tried was fresh. All the staff are polite, attentive and always on the move. The restaurant appears to be very efficiently run. My favourites of the evening were bean salad, beet salad, hot and sour soup (with mango slices added from the salad bar), lemon chicken, pork dumplings, sauteed green beans, and shrimp.

70  Thank KodoDrummer

Reviewed March 13, 2019

First buffet ( all you can eat and a huge variety) that has a calorie average goal per person of 2000 cal's and a measurement of each portion. PIg out if you want but you will know what you are doing before the third scoop of ice cream. A restaraunt of tomorrow with great ethics and value!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank travellingsinclairs
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

This was my first ever visit to a Mandarin restaurant and I loved It!
I was impressed by the variety of food and the good quality.
Usually large buffets suffer from quality but the meat was good cuts and not fatty.
There were several types of sushi, dozens of desserts, lots of dumplings, and a wonderful selection of hot entrees. The staff was very friendly and efficient. For Chinese New Years they had some extra decorations, they gave out lucky red money envelopes and cotton candy.

2  Thank MarinaH227
Reviewed February 15, 2019

Its been a while since I've visited a Mandarin Restaurant as it is not my typical cup of tea. So I decided to try it again.
Service - good, attentive and fast. Food trays were always filled and being addresses asap. The training they must do to have so much customer service thrown at you is impressive. Sometimes it's a bit much and too rehearsed, but I'd rather that than no service like some places.
Food - Not bad for what your getting, always hot, fresh and plentiful. I tend to focus on things I don't regularly get outside of a location like this and I stay away from the carbs like rice and too much fried stuff as they only fill you up befor you can enjoy the better food. Deserts, only if there is something appealing, they are mediocre and not worth the calories, eat some fruit instead. Fav's-the teriyaki salmon(can't get enough of that) and the sushi - it was fresh on our visit.
Decore - ok, I agree with others, this place is due for a revamp and who knows what is lurking in that carpet....?

2  Thank Mauro F
Reviewed January 8, 2019

We did not wait at all. Food was perfect! A lot of to choose! Sushi, rolls, sweets, beef were very tasty ! Service as always great!

Date of visit: December 2018