“Fantastic, start to finish”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 8,477 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
bermuda
“Fantastic, start to finish”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went to Carisma on a Tuesday night based on concierge's suggestion. I had seen some of the reviews on this website prior to going to Toronto, and though it has gotten some fantastic reviews (and is in the top 20!) I just wasn't that impressed and had written it off. The concierge at our hotel, just a couple of blocks away, really raved about it so decided to give it a try and we were NOT disappointed. The waitstaff was impeccable - especially our waiter Emilio - we could not ask for better, more attentive, yet unintrusive service. We knew we were in for a great night when Emilio brought us the bread for the table - a small focaccia, drenched (in a good way!) in olive oil and rosemary, still hot from the oven. It was perfectly crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. My husband and I decided to share an antipasto, share a primi pasta course, and then each get our own secondi meat course. All were stunningly delicious - from our Burrata Caprese appetizer special, to the quattro formaggi gnocchi that we shared, to my osso bucco and my husband's filetto di manzo - it was all superb - and we are pretty picky when it comes to authentic italian! We were way too stuffed for dessert, but we did share a plate of biscotti - maybe not the best biscotti I've ever had but tasty nonetheless, and my husband enjoyed his Spanish coffee. We were very pleased - besides the great food and wonderful staff, the decor was great, we never felt rushed or cramped despite the tables being fairly close together. Cannot wait to go back.

1 Thank meeshy9

• Korean first
cleveland ohio usa
“Intimate and friendly”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very good Italian food. the staff was fabulous - helpful with food and wine choices - and the Owner stopped to chat

Visited July 2014
Solana Beach, California, United States
“Everything was magnificent!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My children and I were in Toronto for a quick visit, and stumbled onto this gem of a restaurant. And we had one of our best meals in a while. I'm sure I can't do the food justice, but we knew were were off to a great start when the home made bread showed up (with rosemary, olive oil and salt). The first test (the mandatory great bread) passed with flying colors.
We shared two antipasti - the Caprese (Insalata di bufala) was wonderful, but the amazing delight were the pan seared scallops (Capesante con funghi) - the scallops were amazing, on a bed of spinach, mushrooms and a white wine sauce. I had to defend my portion from my children's forks!
Three different main courses each superb: Duck Ravioli (Ravioli all’anatra), Wild Boar Ragu (Pappardelle al cinghiale) and the Salmon with salsa over vegetables - each a different yet delightful combination of textures and flavors. Needless to say we cleaned all the plates.
After such success, we had to try the dessert, and were not disappointed!
Add to this a nice selection of wines (including half bottles) and absolutely superb, attentive and friendly service, and you have a VERY memorable meal.

A final note: when my sometimes picky son asked for something else (i.e. something he is familiar with), he was offered endless options and permutations of items on the menu. He ended up with the Ragu and is still talking about how amazing it is!

Must come again!

1 Thank Noam Z
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant experience in a long time”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Toronto for the weekend and tried this restaurant. WOW, the food was wonderful, and the staff were great. We will definitely be going back on our next trip to Toronto.

Visited August 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I were visiting Toronto for the weekend and wanted a nice evening out..

Food was superb, service was polite, timely, courteous. Easy recommendation.