“Outstanding”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 8,477 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Ontario, Canada
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to Carisma this past weekend to celebrate my Sister's birthday. I was very impressed with the service and the quality of the food. The wait staff could not have been more attentive. We were never wanting for bread or refills of our wine. It was the perfect balance of attention without being intrusive. The food was delivered to our table hot and timely. No one in our group had a bad thing to say about their meal. My pasta was clearly made on premise and cooked to perfection. My husband's steak was cooked to his exact specifications.
When it came time for dessert, they added a candle to my Sister's Creme Brulee. A very cute touch.
I would revisit Carisma in a heartbeat. One of the best I've ever been to in Toronto!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food and great atmosphere. It is a bit pricey however. I would recommend the burrata. It was soft and fresh. Highly recommend it

1 Thank Kim M
Toronto, Canada
“Review 97 great Romantic Drinks”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

food was great. The wine list is extensive and the waitress's knowledge of each wine was impressive. The waitress started off by explaining the various dishes,..very detailed, thank you. Wonderfully flavoured dishes, love the desserts, bravo

• Visited March 2014
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our last night in Toronto my son wanted italian food so we asked the concierge for a recommendation. She suggested Carisma and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious! My son is still talking about the gnocchi he had and the penne with tuna, capers and tomato ragu was the best I have ever had.

Visited May 2014
Georgetown
“Watched and Rushed”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My husband and I decided to spend a day and night in Toronto this past weekend (May 17th/14). After reading about several different restaurants we decided to give Carisma a try for dinner. We arrived a bit early for our reservation and were seated immediately. It was close to 6:30, but still very quiet in the restaurant. With these authentic Italian restaurants they seem to have mature wait staff, which we like, and Carisma was no different. Bread was immediately served and it was quite good, already seasoned and oiled. We ordered the calamari, my favourite, and it was okay. I have had much better. For an entree I ordered the special, Chilean sea bass. My husband had the duck confit with mushroom ravioli. The sea bass was very good, fresh, delicate and very flavourful. My husband's ravioli, which I tried, was what could best be described as al dente. The pasta was not soft, so the duck was not clinging to the pasta, but rather in a ball away from the walls of the pasta, and cool. It did not mesh together. He also said there was absolutely no seasoning, so tasted quite bland. The other thing I found quite disturbing was that the whole time we were there the wait staff were all just watching us. Not all at once, but several at a time. It was very uncomfortable. It is not an enjoyable experience to try to relax and have a natural conversation when people are looking directly at you the whole time. We also had many people serving us so that if we ordered something that server went off, only to have another server ask us the same thing the previous server had asked. It was non-stop people coming to our table and we were not able to have any kind of a conversation at all with each other. It almost felt as though we were being pounced on and we were just waiting for the next intrusion. I very much appreciate good service, but there has to be a balance. We had looked forward to having a nice leisurely dinner in Toronto, as we only go once or twice a year, but instead felt very stressed and rushed. From start to finish, we were in and out of there in 40 minutes, which included two glasses of wine and a cup of coffee. The restaurant we had lunch in I would go back to time and time again, including dinner. The next time we are in Toronto I think we will try something different.

• Visited May 2014