“Most excellent.”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 8,469 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Most excellent.”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had dinner here this past Friday. Exceptional from the minute we walked in. Service was outstanding and very attentive. Atmosphere is serene - resto is painted mainly black inside and lit by tealight candles. Very elegant.

Our appetizers (Carpaccio di manzo and Calamari alla griglia) were fantastic.

Our meals (Penne con tonno and Galletto al mattone) were amazing. Delicious. Perfectly cooked.

Timing between ordering and receiving was perfect, and also between apps and mains. We did not feel rushed out. Very attentive service.

Exceptional. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Korean first
Sechelt, Canada
“Kitschy goodness”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place is special. From the loud hustle and bustle of the crowd, to the kitschy decor (tons of mirrors and empty drinking glasses stuck to the wall with plastic flowers??), to the waiters performing their Italian schtick you can't help but just get into it (one has no choice!). Definitely the best part of this place is the food, I have to admit that to me, saved the day. If there was anything remotely wrong with the food I probably would have given this restaurant a poor review but I can't. The food was absolute heaven! The burrata salad and my 4 cheese gnocchi were to die for! Also the wine list is quite generous with some good affordable selections.

Would I go again? Not sure. Would I do take out from there? Definitely!III

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and great people”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant thanks to trip advisor and we immediately realised how kind and professional were the people working there. True Italian cuisine and warmness. Try ravioli all'anatra and filetto di manzo. Great winelist

Alexandria
“Sadly, Average”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had read the reviews and thought - we HAVE to try this place out. So, we did. Overall, while the ambiance was above average, the service and food left no lasting memories or inspiration to return. My friend was not impressed with his meal and drinks ($80) and my ravioli was bland and tasteless; not what one would expect from a place with such a good reputation and from a $24 entree. I'm not saying "don't go", I'm just saying, don't be surprised if it's a less that memorable meal.

1 Thank CarlNova
Toronto, Canada
“Probably the best Italian meal I have had in Toronto”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We live in the neighborhood and wanted to try something new. Encouraged by the reviews here, we decided to give the place a try, despite some skepticism about the rave reviews for what often turns out as merely adequate.

The place was fairly busy at 7:00p on a Saturday, but ended up absolutely packed an hour later. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and owner Michele, once I started speaking Italian, changed our seating to a better spot. After getting to know each other a little, he told us to relax and that he would take care of us with a selection of their best, no need to agonize over menu choices. We were happy to oblige him, and were left with choosing the wine from a good list: I picked a half liter of Brunello, which was followed by a fabulous 2007 Tignanello.

Antipasto came, with samplings of grilled shrimp and calamari, a Caprese salad, a warm funghi salad, and prosciutto and Parmesan. All excellent, especially the shrimp. Main course was a small portion of the tenderest, most delicate Gnocchi with a fabulous white sauce; and a sampling of wild boar ragu pappardelle, a dish typical of Tuscany and one which I've had there many times. This one was as good or better, not to miss as your pasta main.

Second was a sampling of a grilled spigola, a delicate Mediterranean white fish. This for me was the highlight, it was done to perfection with a slight char and the simplest of seasonings that brought the best to the dish. The other main sampling was a nicely rare beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes, asparagus, and broccoletti. Finally, we were treated to dessert on the house, a chocolate ganache and a cheese cake.

Service was friendly, unpretentious, and attentive, most or all waiters were fluent in Italian and well versed in their wines and food. The place was buzzing by 8:00p, and the only disappointment was a rather hefty bill, even accounting for the wine choices. If you can look past the price, this is probably one of the best Italian meals I have had in a long while, and the restaurant would be at home with fine choices in the center or south of Italy. Bravo Michele e grazie!

Visited April 2014