“Divine”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great drinks & outstanding food.
Great place to celebrate a special occasion.
(The carpaccio was the best one that I had in my life!)

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I went to dinner at Carisma for the first time with five people for celebration. The service is impeccable and the food is good quality typical Italian. The bread is worth the visit alone. Make sure to have a small pasta courses. My favorite plain pomodoro. Skip dessert and have the great cheese plate.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a relaxing dinner with great food and service for my birthday at Carisma. Just a few blocks from the Royal York, Carisma is a family-owned Italian restaurant that truly made us feel at home. The food was fantastic, and the wine recommendations were spot on, clearly intended to pair (which they did), and not just to damage our pocket book.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We went for a birthday dinner based upon the good reviews. This place is nothing special. The restaurant is very loud and although we asked for a nice table, we were seated behind the bar near a large screen television. I ordered the beef carpaccio which came with arugula that was drenched in olive oil. The beef was not seasoned. I ordered the veal stuffed ravioli that was rubbery and tasteless and drenched in brown butter. It was horrible. Despite my concerns, the waiter included it on our bill and the owner basically argued with me when we asked them to remove it from our bill. Rude.

My companion ordered the veal chop, which was decent.

The wait staff was attentive, although we had two different waiters at our table, who told us two completely different specials for the evening. A bit confusing.

I would not return. Very disappointing, especially for a celebratory dinner.

2  Thank Tricia4679
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our friends from Victoria took us to this restaurant for lunch. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and seated us in a very nice quiet location. We were offered an apetizer of antipasta which was excellent! - everyone said it was the best ever. Our main courses were well prepared and nice and hot. The owner recommended a nice bottle of wine which was an excellent choice for our meals. We didn't have dessert but had a great coppicino. A very enjoyable visit topped with excellent food and ambiance.