“Charming and delicious”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 9,076 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful dinner on a Friday night in late August. We decided to try it even though it was empty (no reservations but it was early, 7pm). Off to a good start because they gave us a lovely table right in the window. A woman and a teenage girl sometimes get relegated to the back, I suppose we don't spend as much on drinks but I do tip well if the meal is good. And this meal was very, very good. The carpaccio was excellent, scallops were perfect as was the ravioli; the only misstep was nutella creme brulee, skip it.

In a subtle and quiet way they made my daughter feel very special and grownup, I really appreciated that. Between the wonderful waiters, the great food and the warm cosy ambience, it felt like being in Rome again. Definitely worth it. I'll certainly be back.

1  Thank HP2travel

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Took my mom here for her birthday before heading to Roy Thomson Hall to see the TSO & Itzhak Perlman perform and I must say, the service was probably the best I've ever experienced at a restaurant and although I've had better food before, the quality and taste were excellent and I did not feel ripped off. The wine is expensive as some others have mentioned but at this price level it's somewhat expected.

The waiters were very attentive and the food was ready very quickly, which allowed us plenty of time to eat and talk instead of trying to rush through the meal in order to get to our show on time.

As far as the atmosphere goes, it was mostly adults with one or families with (late) teenage children, so it wasn't too loud. The lighting is dim but not so much so that it becomes hard to see or read. The temperature was very comfortable and neither myself nor my mother were too cold or too warm.

Bathroom facilities were clean and well-kept, although going downstairs (where the bathrooms are) felt like walking into a sauna.

While it is pricey (especially as a full-time student), I wouldn't hesitate to go back here for a special occasion or to recommend it to anyone look for a place with service that's 'a cut above'.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This restaurant does indeed have impeccable service. That being said the food was disappointing. My veal stuffed ravioli was rubbery and lacked flavor outside of the butter that drenched the plate. My husband's fish dish was nothing special either. We have had much better meals at half the price. The markup on wine was ridiculous.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This a great restaurant with real service, real food and real people. You will never be disappointed and you will that your money was well spent.

Great Italian food.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good meal, attentive but not overbearing service. Price is worth it, not cheap but reasonable. The gnocchi, veal and sirloin were delicious and perfectly cooked.