“Warm, inviting atmosphere...a lovely respite from a cold night!”
Review of Carisma

Carisma
Reserve with OpenTable
Carisma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My 5th visit to Carisma, this time with my husband. As usual, the hosts were lovely and offered to hang up our coats which was a nice added touch and made you feel welcome from the start. We were seated at a table for two against the wall of flower vases. This is an exquisite restaurant- imagine sumptious surroundings of dark woods, a purple glass chandelier above the bar and plum- coloured, plush velvet chairs. Our server greeted us, another came by to read the specials of the evening and another server came to take our order. I appreciated that we didn't have to wait for our server and they seemed to work well in tandem, making sure all patrons were well taken care of. Even though Carisma prepares the most delectable pasta dishes I've ever tasted (a dish with casarecci pasta, chicken, spinach, olives and sun- dried tomatoes is my favourite), I didn't have pasta this time and decided to try something new in the menu. From the evening's specials, I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass with avocado salsa and my husband the Rib- Eye Steak. While we waited for our meals, we enjoyed fresh, hot, crusty bites of rosemary-garlic-olive oil bread. After a short while, our meals arrived and were quite delicious, the flavours dancing around our palates. I only wish the portion sizes were larger because I felt myself wanting more after each and every bite! I had a glass of Pinot Grigio with dinner and my husband had a few glasses of Chardonnay. For dessert, I ordered the Pear & Apple Strudel with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream which was a heavenly finish to what was a very tasty meal. Go to Carisma NOW! I'm sure you won't be dissapointed, in fact you may even be pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went to this restaurant this week for dinner with some colleagues. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and the decor is lovely. The service was very good and we were never rushed. Everyone enjoyed their meals immensely.

I had the fish of the day, Mediterranean Sea Bass, that was seasoned and cooked to perfection. For the appetizer I had the lobster ravioli. It was good but next time I would have the scallops with mushrooms. I tried my colleagues scallops and they were even better than the ravioli. I ordered a glass of white wine to go with my meal and didn't like it. They quickly replaced it with something I did like with no fussing.

The desserts were also lovely. We had a molten chocolate cake and white cheesecake.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

warm, comfortable ambience, a welcoming, knowledgeable staff (waiter and sommelier) -- always there when we needed them, but never hovering -- excellent food -- bread to apps to mains to desserts. We spent a wonderful evening at Carisma and would go back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Fabulous food, warm, family atmosphere, beautiful restaurant. The staff are friendly and helpful. Was recommended by a friend who has been a number of times. We too will definitely return.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The main course prices are all $30 or more. With an appetizer, $50. each. The house wine is $50. a bottle. The food was great. We were rushed constantly to order, eat, and leave. The restaurant is popular but does not deserve the rating that it has. We will not go back.

1  Thank George K