“Body Blitz Spa - King Street East”
Review of Body Blitz Spa

Body Blitz Spa
Ranked #6 of 115 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is their new location and have decided to try it.

Public Transportation: Very accessible. King Subway Station and hop to a street car (504) and drop you off a few steps away. Street Car comes by frequently. No problem.

Overall Experience:

1) Staff members are friendly and helpful.

2) Other than in the reception area, the entire place is a "no zone" for any electronic devices and that includes e-Reader so if you visit this place anticipating a reading time as part of relaxation, better bring an actual book. Even a small iPOD Shuffle is prohibited. Electronic devices are also prohibited in the Change room.

3) I booked a "Moroccan Spice Body Glow" treatment. Very good. The therapist was very nice and even did a foot and hand massage.

4) Because it is a womens' only spa, the decor is quite feminine. The layout is also designed for womens' needs (ie: Vanity area is separate from the locker area which is smart so the locker area does not get cluttered with women drying their hair or putting makeup). Also, there is a shoe locker so floors do not get cluttered with boots and shoes. I find that the layout of this new Body Blitz is well thought of.

5) Although it does not bother me that much, please note that this spa allows you to wear your birthday suit. If you are not comfortable with that, please be aware of this.

I have tried several Spas and it is one of my vices. I think the strength of Body Blitz against its other competitors is its water spa experience and non-coed atmosphere. It provides a unique experience not available in other spas.

I would have preferred if they, at least, offered some sandwiches. I find that Smoothies are not sufficient to satisfy one's appetite especially after doing the whole water circuit and some massage/treatment.

4  Thank Emilialoves2travel
There are newer reviews for Body Blitz Spa

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my first water spa experience and after attending competitor Scandinave in Blue Mountain, I appreciate just how awesome it is. If there is one criticism it's that not everyone is comfortable with nudies walking around and it would be nice to welcome men once in a while to this little piece of paradise. Also, having a reading room with a nice big window with a scenic view (Lake Ontario?) would be lovely.

My mom and I were greeted by friendly and courteous staff who took the time to answer our questions and walked us through the recommended circuit, we were given our robes, flip-flops, and towels (all included) and headed to the change rooms.

The waters themselves were very relaxing and uncrowded. When we went there was the green tea pool but I can understand why this was replaced with the Epsom salt pool since bathers had to be warned not to wear light coloured swimwear to avoid discolouration. The lighting, the waterfalls, the ambiance, the poolside smoothies, the large plush lounging chairs were just luxurious. The aromatherapy steam room was a little much for me but was nice in small doses, the sauna was pretty standard but also lovely. The rain style showers in the waters area and the changing area were absolutely relaxing. There's something about having warm water come from directly above the head that just melts away everything else. The change room showers also featured doors as opposed to curtains which was also an added touch.The soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotions were so rich and beautifully scented. I have to admit I don't remember everything in the make-up/hair fixing room but I do remember there being brushes and combs available (in barbicide) as well as trays of beauty products. I'm running out of words to describe this place and in all actuality words don't do it justice. Run, don't walk to this place and prepare for complete wonderfulness.

3  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been to the first body blitz location a few times and have loved the water therapies each time. I believe it's the best place to go for water therapies in the Toronto area. The staff there are super friendly and I love how they serve drinks by the pool. My first time there I was shocked by the naked bodies there since it is bathing suit optional, however have gotten used to it since.

They are super busy, probably because it is the best place in Toronto to go for water therapies. I haven't been to their new location but hopefully it will not be as busy. I also had their body scrub and it was not as great as I thought it would be.

Their prices for the water therapies is pretty much the same as the Scandinavian Spa at Blue Mountain. The Scandinavian Spa at Blue Mountain is definitely nicer as they are outdoors and because of their scenic location, however Body Blitz is much more convenient for Torontonians, is female only, and allow females under the age of18 to attend. I would probably skip on the treatments at Body Blitz though

4  Thank ry23
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place is great for a girls day with your friends. It's relaxing and gives you a great opportunity to catch up with friends. My friends went through the circuit a couple times and then sat, chatted and had smoothies and then did the circuit one last time. They have lockers for your stuff and a great shower area. I highly reccommend and can't wait to return myself!

3  Thank Jemma C
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A group of 6 girls went to Body Blitz this weekend for a Bachelortte weekend and I would highly recommend this little gem for others wanting a great idea of something different to do in the city. Firstly, they book larger groups in advance so you are guaranteed a spot, and they limit the number of visitors so you are not packed like sardines in the pools. Reception is friendly and organized. They give you a short tour of the facility, show you a diagram of the order of the pools, and off you go! Love how they also take drink orders when you get there and deliver them to the pool! (Recommend the Chai shake!) I had an hour massage booked with Kelly W, and she was excellent - knowledgeable and interactive, checking for my comfort etc. Probably one of the best massage experiences I've had at a spa. The sea salt pool was so relaxing, loved the steam bath and hot green tea pool as well. Ladies, you can go nude or wear a bathing suit and you will see people doing both. It is a women only facility, so everyone has different comfort levels. The spa was clean, and had a great vanity area with blow dryers, deoderant, lotions etc so you could go to the spa then go right to work or out for dinner. The entire process was seamless and enjoyable! Lockers, sandals, robes, and towels are provided so you really just have to bring yourself. There are lounging chairs, so you may want to bring a book or magazine. Whether or not you have a treatment booked, it is a great afternoon. Some of the ladies in my group just enjoyed the pools and that was enough for them! I bought a bottle of mint-lime lotion to take home as a souvenir of a gerat day! Thanks Body Blitz!

2  Thank Kovacse