“Great Outdoor Dining in Toronto”
Review of Houston Avenue Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Houston Avenue Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge St. & Wellington St.
Transit: TTC - Houston Avenue bar & Grill is located one block south of the King St. subway stop on the Yonge line.
Description: As a proudly Canadian owned business, Houston Avenue Bar & Grill has a new attitude towards our food, decor, and our guests...We Take Your Fun Seriously! Keeping up with the demands of the neighbourhood’s young professionals, our Yonge and Wellington location is leading the charge with a stylish and effortlessly classy decor, outstanding service from a dedicated brigade of friendly staff, and of course - exceptional food.
“Great Outdoor Dining in Toronto”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Soooo our experience at Houston didnt start out awesome as the first server we had i think would rather have been anywhere but serving us, which is a pity because our group is delightful. We actually requested that the hostess serve us because she at least had a smile, after some tray holding tips she was doing great!! Way to go Natalia!
We ordered a variety of apps and cocktails, all were fairly ordinary, the warm goat cheese was def the stand out in my opinion.
The mains were where the party was at though. My rib steak was absolutely the perfect medium rare, and the roasted potato that came with was no wall flower at this party. We did some cross plate sampling and the ribs were fall off the bone tender and delicious. For dessert we got a chocolate flourless cake and the sticky bread pudding. The flourless cake, well it needs flour, sorry gluten free people, i feel sorry for you that these are the things you have to eat. The sticky toffee bread pudding was awesome. I don't usually eat dessert, but after a spoonful i had to have a couple more.
Having come from cold, rainy, and foggy NS it was great to have dinner on a patio in very comfortable chairs!!

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“High energy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Swanky, high energy and filled with the downtown crowd, if that's your thing. I'm rating it average because I find that it's overpriced and very typical of what you'd see downtown at the financial district area...but I'm just a small town girl at heart. :)

Visited February 2014
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“pleasantly supprised”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went for a quick dinner due to its proximity to the Sony Center and was glad we picked it. Menu was a step above normal Bar and Grill food. Service was excellent and food very good. Went back another night and sat in their outdoor area with same results

Visited May 2014
oakville,Ontario
“Hidden Gem on Yonge Street”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I found this place by accident a few weeks ago. I thought it was a Texas Steakhouse, but after walking in , the décor is Euro -Chic. There is a bar area where you can watch sports & an other area for people eating dinner. I have eaten here a few times both for lunch & dinner.

I am very impressed with the quality of food & service each time I have eaten there.

One night after a difficult day at work, I went for dinner & ordered the steak frites , so I let the steak get a bit cold. I asked the server, Jessica to reheat the steak. She agreed. Two minutes later, Sean the manager came by to let me know that they would cook me a new steak. I was very impressed with this since it was my fault that the steak got cold in the first place.

I really enjoyed the steak frites with mayonnaise.

The manager, Sean came by later & offered me a free dessert which was completely unexpected but very much appreciated.

Jessica provided excellent service to me throughout the meal despite having to deal with a large group at the table next to me.

The hostess at the front desk even offered to recharge my i phone which was low on battery during the evening.

The bottom line is that it's a great place to have a good meal with great service .

It's one of my new favourite restaurants in Toronto.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank oakville6910
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service and pretty good food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

The service here from Leisha was absolutely top notch from the time we walked in until when we left. We enjoyed the starters, felt the ribs lacked a little flavour but were very tender and found the bar service to be excellent despite the restaurant being quite busy.
I'd recommend anyone come here looking to have a good time but perhaps not the best meal

1 Thank Robert D