“Well-known for a reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ni Ji Sushi

Ni Ji Sushi
Ranked #765 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Markham, Canada
“Well-known for a reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was surprised at the number of people in my life who don't know each other yet know this restaurant! These are friends, co-workers, friend's mom from Mississauga, Newmarket, downtown Toronto, etc. The fact that this place is so well-known speaks volumes to the quality of the food. We eat here about once a month but we get take out from here too! I love the spicy rolls - salmon, scallop, etc.

• Visited June 2012

Burlington, Canada
“Average Sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was visiting Scarborough this past weekend and I looked up the top sushi restaurant on Trip Advisor and headed straight to it.

After trying several items at the restaurant I feel that the restaurant is rated too highly. Maybe there is not much competition in Scarborough, but the sushi was not as good as what I get downtown at my favourite joints.

I would rate the sushi as just ok. The tempura batter was too thick and not flavourful at all. The service was pretty fantastic though! Decor needs some work.

• Visited April 2012
Toronto
“Best sushi pizza ANYWHERE.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Sushi pizza is one of those dishes I always have to try when I see it on a menu but, I have yet to come across anywhere that does it even half as well as Niji. I've been frequenting this place for years for the sushi pizza alone. Seriously, it's THAT good.
I usually come here for lunch with my parents on the weekend, and their lunch menu is a great deal, for good Japanese food (read: good, NOT great). I only wish there were a location closer to me.

• Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“By far the best sushi in Scarborough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

We've been going to NiJi for well over three years now and have yet to be disappointed! The service is always fast, friendly and efficient while the sushi is always fresh and delicious! After eating in at NiJi with our young son a few times they have also started sending us congee with our take out for him free of charge! It's that special touch that keeps us loyal!

Toronto, Canada
“Always Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I discovered this place almost 2 years ago after looking online for small sushi places in Scarborough. Let me say this place is great value for your money. They also serve free appetizers, albeit not generous portions, but the touch is nice.

When you dine in they give you a little bowl of congee, some tofu, and a few edamame beans. If you are there for dinner they give you a refreshing scoop of green tea ice cream at the end of your meal. When you dine in for lunch they give you orange wedges.

I often order take-out and the service is prompt in placing my order. No worries if you get take out because there are no discrepancies between their sushi when you dine in or take-out. The three sushi-makers are also in sight and often thank you when you are leaving after your meal. This restaurant just has a really homey.

The restaurant itself is not very big, but I'm sure there are many regulars that substantiate a loyal fan base to this place - me included. I particularly enjoy the fact that for the sushi they don't skimp with thin cuts of fish as some places do.

• Visited August 2011