“Average Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was visiting Scarborough this past weekend and I looked up the top sushi restaurant on Trip Advisor and headed straight to it.

After trying several items at the restaurant I feel that the restaurant is rated too highly. Maybe there is not much competition in Scarborough, but the sushi was not as good as what I get downtown at my favourite joints.

I would rate the sushi as just ok. The tempura batter was too thick and not flavourful at all. The service was pretty fantastic though! Decor needs some work.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Sushi pizza is one of those dishes I always have to try when I see it on a menu but, I have yet to come across anywhere that does it even half as well as Niji. I've been frequenting this place for years for the sushi pizza alone. Seriously, it's THAT good.
I usually come here for lunch with my parents on the weekend, and their lunch menu is a great deal, for good Japanese food (read: good, NOT great). I only wish there were a location closer to me.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We've been going to NiJi for well over three years now and have yet to be disappointed! The service is always fast, friendly and efficient while the sushi is always fresh and delicious! After eating in at NiJi with our young son a few times they have also started sending us congee with our take out for him free of charge! It's that special touch that keeps us loyal!

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I discovered this place almost 2 years ago after looking online for small sushi places in Scarborough. Let me say this place is great value for your money. They also serve free appetizers, albeit not generous portions, but the touch is nice.

When you dine in they give you a little bowl of congee, some tofu, and a few edamame beans. If you are there for dinner they give you a refreshing scoop of green tea ice cream at the end of your meal. When you dine in for lunch they give you orange wedges.

I often order take-out and the service is prompt in placing my order. No worries if you get take out because there are no discrepancies between their sushi when you dine in or take-out. The three sushi-makers are also in sight and often thank you when you are leaving after your meal. This restaurant just has a really homey.

The restaurant itself is not very big, but I'm sure there are many regulars that substantiate a loyal fan base to this place - me included. I particularly enjoy the fact that for the sushi they don't skimp with thin cuts of fish as some places do.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Food is excellent.
The only problem with this resto are the lineups you encounter on a busy night.