“Good value”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Description: (416) 224-0741
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The food is not bad but sometimes fresher than others. Spicy rolls are good and portions are gneous. Service depends on a day

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I loved this place when it first opened up, they were eager to make a good image and the customer service was great. We quickly became regulars and tonight I decided to take another couple there. The waitress spilled the soup all over our table because she was in a rush as the place was busy and they were trying to turn over tables as fast as they could. Then the bill came and I didn't leave as a big of a tip due to the poor service. When I entered in the tip amount and my credit card was approved. the waitress looked at it and said "you need to leave a minimum of 20% tip so you need to give me 3 more dollars" I couldn't believe it!!! My guests looked at me in shock, I am still in shock and I will definitely will not be going back! Be prepared to be asked to leave a larger tip if they do not think it is enough, it was really embarassing and ruined our night....you should not be FORCED to leave a large tip if you think the service is CRAP which it definitely was tonight....STAY AWAY

4  Thank MISSV V
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The head staff at this restaurant make the difference. They do whatever it takes to make the customer feel like family. They often give a complimentary appetizer or soup. They will customize any sushi on the menu to suit your taste. The sushi is fresh and delicious. The bento boxes are great as well. We return there week after week and the quality and service remains top notch! Atmosphere is upscale with large screen tv's and ice tables, cozy booths as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We've been to Sushi Moto for four times now and it was always very delicious! They have great combos if you want to join sushi in a group and nice variations of different sushi and also warm Asia menus. Please try Saporo beer. It is really good, too. The staff is friendly. Sometimes it is difficult to find a good table.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

Service: Great. We were greeted by every wait staff we passed on the way in and out. Waitress was fast.

Sushi: Not 5 star but the best in the area. It was fresh.

Decor: Nice modern interior that looks more like a wine bar or lounge. A bit dark for my liking, but to each their own.

We went on a Tuesday night and it had people coming in. Hopefully they will be around for a while.

1  Thank feedthetraveller