“Great place to stay in an interesting area of Toronto.”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #9 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Our purpose in staying here was preparation to fly out of Buffalo after of two weeks of touring Ontario and Quebec. I wanted to stay two nights so we could take a look at something good for one day before heading back home to Austin Texas. The room was nice for us - it was a comfortable queen sized bed great for two people. This particular room was quite small (Lily) so a couple might only want to spend two nights here, but you could stay longer of course if you wanted. There are larger rooms available for more money. The bathrooms were quite elegant, clean and nicer than mine at home that's for sure.

The house was very clean and well managed. I liked staying here much better than say, a Holiday Inn. I never had to wait to use a shower or toilet, but I can imagine during high season two bathrooms for 6 rooms might be at the limit of convenience. But the price is reasonable considering this is a nicely updated old town-home.

I very much liked the relaxed system for breakfast where you just come down and eat breakfast whenever you feel like it - lots of juices, cereals, milk (dairy and non dairy), cream cheese, fruits, eggs, hell anything you want pretty much for the average north american or european breakfast.

The living room is really cool - leather couches and big windows to look out of along with useful literature for the longer stay. We just visited the Distillery district and it was pretty cool - take the 75 bus for a straight shot down there $3 CDN one way. I wanted to see Casa Loma too, but that will have to wait for next time.

All in all, this place is a great value, I like staying there just fine and I would stay there again if I were coming to Toronto. It is possible that a picky traveler would find things to complain about but one must understand the price for what you are getting is very good and the location is very good as well. There are certainly no show-stoppers here. We are 40-somethings professionals. I think most reasonable people would find this to be a superb place for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd floor because the 3rd floor seems a bit of a climb with narrow steep st...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I just found this place almost by chance as I was in rush to get overnight stay in the down-town of Toronto for my urgent trip form Calgary.
Just regretted I couldn't stay longer and enjoy more the cosy, clean, nicely designed apartment with comfortable bed and to chat with the other guests in the kitchen during the breakfast.
Great job James, wishing you all the best ! Thank you :-)

Room Tip: Perfect location, apartment just amazing with everything you need
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a perfectly wonderful stay here and the establishment was clean, welcoming, comfortable and accommodating. As an ambulatory challenged person, I would recommend a grab bar for the shower stall to assist with balance. Had many interesting conversations with guests from other Canadian provinces as well as the USA. This B&B will be my lodging choice for future Toronto visits. Care taker James is very kind, friendly, pleasant and competent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bigskyseeker
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Easily one of the cleanest, friendliest and loveliest bed and breakfast place in TO, I've been to many b&b places all over Canada, but this is hands down the best in the given price range, the breakfast was great (gluten-free cereal ftw, surprised why many b&b place's don't have many g-f options besides fruit), bathrooms were really clean and so was the bedroom also at a great location (easy access to subway) and walk-able distance from downtown, also great people, wish I could have stayed longer then a day. Next time I'm in TO, def coming back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2014

It was my first stay in Canada and I did not know what expect. I attended a conference in the center of Toronto and was happy to find out that Downtown Home Inn is in walking-distance to the most important must-see places. It is in a nice house, well furnished, warm (which was important during freeeezing Winter), with a delicious breakfast. Even the lack of bathroom in my room was not a problem. James was a great host, he helped me a lot in my troubles (lost luggage), he gave me his adapter as I forgot mine, and recommended places worth visiting. I would definitely reccommend the place to stay for anyone who likes family atmoshpere, good food and location. Last but not least, the price is affordable! Hope to visit again some day in future!

Room Tip: Acacia Room was nice, but it lacked bathroom in the room, so I would recommend one of the rooms on t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paweł L
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been here for five nights for a conference in Toronto, is a great place the room are exactly as described, clean and recently refurbished. The manager is nice, available and very kind. Breakfast is abundant!
Highly encourage this choice!

Room Tip: Check out the virtual tour on the B&B website is great to choose the kind of room you are lookin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Filippo D
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The bnb is in a great location near lots of bars and what have you. Everyone else that was staying there was really friendly - and this made the stay very enjoyable. My one minor quibble is that I had to go upstairs to the bathroom - so though I would stay again - I would stay in a different room.

Room Tip: Try and choose one of the ones upstairs!
Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business