“Great stay.”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #10 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed for a weekend conference at UT. Enjoyed the convenience, the atmosphere, and the helpfulness of the owner. Whistle clean, quiet, friendly, perfect. Even enjoyed the other guests, who provided interesting conversation. How can you beat that? Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tansy D

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay! It was a first for me to stay in a B&B and I enjoyed it. The ammenities were clean and plentiful and access to the subway, parks, downtown and nightlife were a short walk from the B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TracieDouglas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This B&B in the middle of Toronto was perfect for our weekend visit to the city. The subway was only a block away and there were tons of shops and bars within a few minutes access. Both Starbucks and David's Tea are also right around the corner. Despite being in the middle of the city, it was very quiet in the bedrooms, and everything was so clean! And the breakfast choices were well beyond expectations! James was very helpful - a top notch host!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JanTracieTania
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed in the Acacia room. Arrived late, but were able to enter the door access code and get in. Bed was a bit squishy, but comfortable and I had no problem sleeping. There is a sink in the room which is nice to have. Despite being on the ground floor, outside noise was minimal, even when other guests were eating breakfast in the kitchen just outside the room. James, the manager, was very friendly, and told me and my girlfriend of local attractions, and even tracked me down after I left with a t shirt i forgot in the room. Impressive! Overall a great experience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here in Sept. 2012. It was easy to find and close access to metro.
I felt fairly safe walking around alone at night but I'm always aware of my surroundings no matter what city I'm in.
The room was cozy and everything was clean and tidy, just like others have mentioned.
There were lots of choices for your self made breakfast.
I enjoyed the company of the other travelers too.
It was the TIFF when I stayed there, so there were several writers staying at the B&B.
Everybody who stayed there was very respectful of each other.
James and Unal were great, friendly, helpful and very hospitable!
I hope to return again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Short version:
I stayed for a whole month. It was perfect. Clean, friendly, lots of breakfast options, great location, wonderful hosts, great value, probably exactly everything you are looking for!

Long version:
My stay at the Downtown Home Inn could not have been a better experience. I stayed a month for work and was really impressed. I felt very at home, and very comfortable. Very relaxed and friendly environment. Breakfast was a fun time to meet and chat with other guests, which made my stay even more enjoyable, and there were always lots of options, fruits, waffles, muffins, you name it! Everything is kept very clean and tidy, beds are comfortable, and night time is quiet. Even working odd hours and shift work, I was never woken up my another guest or staff member, pretty impressive!
Considering the central location, right on the subway line, great value, nice bright clean rooms, and awesome friendly staff, you can't go wrong. I would recommend DTHI to my friends, and I would/will definitely stay here again.

Thanks for everything James!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Downtown Home Inn is a lovely place to stay. Its situated in just the right area, right between downtown for transport, sports and restaurants and further north where all the shopping area is.

The owner is very friendly and really looks after the place, it's always tidy, very clean and he's always got a pot of coffee made whenever you need it!

Out of the places in Canada I have stayed this has been my favourite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo