“Very Welcoming and Comfortable”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #6 of 114 Toronto B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Very Welcoming and Comfortable”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at this lovely B & B for one day while on business but it was enough to leave a very positive lasting impression. I stayed at the Lily room, a very cozy room for this lone traveler. It was very clean and had a very comfortable bed. The common areas and bathrooms are spotless. James was very helpful and hospitable. There was a very nice, healthy selection of breakfast items that even accommodates special diet needs - I really appreciated the lactose-free/ soya milk and gluten free bread. The location is great, close to subway, downtown, major shopping/commercial areas. I will come back on my next visit for sure. I never felt more welcome and comfortable as I did at this place. I'm glad I found it. It's truly a traveler's gem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JoyceRivers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 3, 2013

It was so wonderful to stay here. James greeted us nd we were amazed how clean and beautiful the inn was. It was close to all amenities and subways. Beautiful location, safe and quiet. Breakfast was laid out for us the next morning. Would definitely stay again and a yes for recommendation. Thanks James !!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Amandabear_12
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed for one week and we felt completely at home, the room was nice the bed was really comfortable, bathroom clean and high standard. Breakfast was perfect and most of all James was really great with us, he help us to prepare interviews...I will suggest it 100%

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabine c
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2012

What to say ... Was going to stay nearby and started to book a hotel at the last minute - was not really on a budget but the $150 day 1, $209 day 2 and $229 day 2 was getting a little tired. Send quick email - obtained the 1 bedroom apartment with own bathroom. Quiet, great transport links and clean. Plenty of food options nearby(went to Ginger every night) and as I had cereal every morning, this meant that the breakfast buffet was not in play like at most hotels. I kept my eating down which was a plus as I usually gorge myself at the breakfast trough. No host in sight which was also a plus. Bed was ok, would have liked it to be more firm, but cotton sheets were good as well as TV and internet. I would recommend and will stay in the future when on business. I like variety and this had good standards. James was organized, reachable, pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David W
Oakwood
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My daughter and I stayed overnight here while checking out a university. It was a clean, quiet, very comfortable stay. It has a great location, easy walking distance to many interests. A great selection for breakfast, do not worry about going hungry. James was very pleasant and helpful. My daughter wants to live there. We would not think twice about going back.
Heather

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was here for 2 weeks and enjoyed it immensely. James is an attentive, helpful but never intrusive landlord and keeps the place spotless and welcoming. As a former resident of Toronto, I know the city well and this is a good safe neighborhood very close to transportation and places of interest to visitors. I have booked again and look forward to being back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in downtownhome inn
Comfortable bed
nice noodle restaurant just around the corner
Walking distance into the city
the room was a little bit dusty anotherwise i am pleased with the room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo