“Amazing B&B- Would reccomend.”
Review of Downtown Home Inn

Downtown Home Inn
Ranked #9 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews online, I stayed at the downtown home in from August 8th to August 15th in 2012. The reviews were completely right.

Not only is Downtown Home Inn very reasonably priced for being right in the middle of downtown, I had a wonderful experience with all aspects. I paid $73 a night for the Lily room, which was in the middle of the second floor. Other hotels in the area are 100+, and I’m willing to bet they are nowhere near as nice as this place.

I know noise is a common complaint but it was very quiet in my room. The bed was the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. I was very sad to leave it behind. The fixtures in the bathroom were beautiful- I loved the waterfall sink and huge showerhead!

It is located right in the middle of the action on Church and Wellesley. There are tons of bars and clubs within easy walking distance, as well as grocery stores, restaurants, and clothing stores. The north/south and east/west subway lines are only a few blocks away, as well as a street car that will take you directly to Kensington Market.

James and Unal were both wonderful hosts. They were very friendly and did everything they could to make my stay pleasant and easy. They will give you a ton of information about everything from restaurants in the neighborhood to payment options to what is served for breakfast when you reserve a room, and get back to any emailed questions promptly.

Breakfast had a wide variety of vegetarian options (awesome, because I’m a vegetarian).

The whole place has the feel of a beautiful old house (which it is), and I felt very comfortable and peaceful while there.

I know that I will absolutely stay here if I ever go to Toronto again, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a peaceful haven right in the middle of the city.

Room Tip: The Lily Room was very quiet and peaceful, but right next to the bathroom, so you could hear people...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sage394
There are newer reviews for Downtown Home Inn

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Being first visitor Toronto for 4 days and have stayed at the Downtown Home Inn.
Never expected such a perfect room, always clean washroom and decent self service breakfast buffet in B&B. I'm deeply moved by delicate service also.
Very short walk from Wellesley subway station and trendy gay-friendly neighborhood is very good for dining and shopping.
Thank you for everything James!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This bed and breakfast is one of the best I have ever been to. It is clean and tidy, Our host James was very helpful, and made our stay comfortable. The breakfast is great and the area is very convenient. Thank you for a great stopover in Toronto Downtown Home Inn. We will return.

Room Tip: Any room is great here, the house is very clean and quiet..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrive in a time that the host was not there BUT, we had notes for me, giving the right directions to check in, pretty easily and very nice! Rooms are simple and modern, very clean, cozy bed! Breakfast is "do your own", cereal and bread is on the kitchen island and juices, milk, egg, cheese, etc. are in the fridge, you do fell like you are at home. We do recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed last saturday at DHI for the first Time.
It was also my first experience in a B&B.
I had the Iris room which Is small but fine for one person.
The place Is surprisently quiet and very cozy.
The self serve breakfast, PLENTYFUL (Unal will have the unsweetended soya milk next time).
The location, PERFECT.
The host, Unal, SUPER.
In one word, WONDERFUL.
I'll definitely come back and bring my BF along this time and try another unit.

Thank's Unal for everything and hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lili351
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have stayed at Downtown Home Inn a couple times during stopovers in Toronto, and it has been consistently excellent in all respects. The house is located in a vibrant community close to restaurants and local points of interest. The rooms are tastefully furnished and kept immaculately clean. Unal, the host, is extremely helpful and there are always coffee or snacks available in the spacious living room. A great alternative to impersonal chain hotels, and a perfect option for anyone needing short-term accommodation in downtown Toronto at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Scriptor U
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed on the 3rd floor and loved the patio to cool down in the evenings. Just a few minutes walk to the Wellesley Subway station meant easy access to Sunnybrook and we could walk to Women's College Hospital a few blocks away as well. Very handy for medical appointments in the city. The Downtown Home Inn is clean, comfortable and hosts are very accomodating. The self-serve breakfast provides thoughtful considerations for special dietary needs. We chose to buy a temporary parking permit online and leave the car parked close by for two days. Everything is so close it was easy to walk or use public transit.

Room Tip: We thought maybe the Violet Room on the third floor just might be the quietest. We didn't notice...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business