“Horrible rude untrained employee/server”

Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,942 of 8,946 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Don Mills & Lawrence
Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was about 9:00pm and my girlfriends and I went to the shops on Don Mills to grab some desserts, drinks and girl some girl chat... so we chose Glow as it seemed pretty nice and it would have been our first time and last time there after the horrible service we received.

When we got in, we requested the patio area and immediately got seated. There was a fresh batch of bread and bread spread on the table prepared. But when our server came to us to ask if we would be eating dinner there and we said no but would like to order drinks and dessert instead as it was late and we had only came out for some drinks and dessert for the evening... he look very disappointed and quickly grabbed our bread and spread off oyr table even though he clearly saw my friend eating it already. I thought that was so rude. Then it took him another 15 minutes to serve us and asked us if we wanted to order ...finally when we ordered he brought our drinks and roughly around 20 minutes of sitting there drinking our drinks/dessert he brought us our bill without even asking if we needed it. Who does that? On top of it he accidentally charged us for an extrs drink which we didnt even order and when we ask him about it he had the sour look on his face did not apologize I just took the bill to look at it as if we were lying to him. The patio was empty with plenty of seating that evening too. Anyway to close it off he was just over all the worth wieder and server I've ever had at this place I don't think I'll ever go back and I clearly remember his name it was some tall guy named Mike.

Service is important to me and it's something that gives me an impression about restaurants and I think that because of the level of service I received I would never go back again. It shouldn't matter what the customer orders at a restaurant if it's drinks and dessert for dinner they should be all treated the same. The level of service and standards should be consistent with the brand that is being offered.

1  Thank MichelleLudo

Reviewed February 3, 2013

took my date here for dinner. at the time, there is a pre-fixed menu (glow-icious) for 3 courses for $25. i got a salad (pretty good), veal roast (i think it was just right), and dessert. (fantastic!!)
the waiter brought us a tray of 8 different desserts in shot glasses. and we just have to pick one. i got a chocolate something and it was alright. my date got keylime pie and that was really good. the location is also wonderful since it is at the don mills shopping centre, where you can walk around a bit before or after dinner.

1  Thank 3waters
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I took my daughter to this restaurant for a birthday drink and lunch while shopping at the Shops on Don Mills. When we arrived in the restaurant (albeit at an off-time - 3:30 pm) we waited and waited to be seated while the staff stood at the back talking and cleaning. There seemed an abundance of staff, few diners, yet we were not seated. Finally we were seated, and placed our order. The food arrived in a timely manner and well presented, but didn't pass the muster for taste. I had the turkey burger which incidentally does not come with a bun, but rather a dried fruit compote on top that I didn't think worked particularly well with the flavour of the turkey burger. The compote also included seeds that made me feel like I was chewing sand. Not very pleasant. The burger itself was tasteless and I even considered asking for salt (no salt or pepper on the table ) and *gasp* ketchup. However, once the food was served (not by our waiter) we never saw our server or anyone else until I asked one passing by if she would ask our waiter to get our bill. The meal wasn't all bad. The asparagus was perfectly cooked and the sweet potatoes with maple were quite enjoyable. The restaurant is lovely inside and has a calming effect, but does not make up for the food. I was really disappointed and I probably won't visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The location and patio are awesome, but the food was just awful. And not just one item, the whole meal was insulting. The salad was old and rotten, and the dressing was nothing more than Kraft bottled dressing. The fish wraps were nothing but frozen fish sticks with some shredded cheese wrapped in a cold tortilla. And the dipping sauce looked like it was sitting there for a few days and formed a cracked crust on top. Needless to say, the food did not look appealing at all.

I'm not sure if this is a regular practice, or the cook was just trying to get rid of leftovers. Either way, it is unacceptable for any restaurant, cheap or expensive, to serve food like that.

1  Thank alex1019
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The decor and class of this place, plus the selection of the menu, has made me and my family return several times. The service all the times we went was excellent. The menu is changed often, portions are exactly what a person needs and the desserts also very good. Close to home and very comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank Raquel G