“Long weekend dinner @ the Glow Fresh Grill”

Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,921 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Don Mills & Lawrence
Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

- Ambiance is good
- Service is good
- very nice and big patio
- Food is mediocre.....no biggie @ all.
- Very expensive for food that's nothing special!! $22 for a tiny piece of chicken?! Definitely Not worth it!
- Took them a while to bring our food.....about 40 minutes! We didn't order appetizer, just 2 entrees and it took them quite a while to bring out food. Thank god, they offers all customers raisin bread with hummus spread, spinach dip & olive dip otherwise my wife and I would have passed out.
- Would I go back?? - No....maybe I'll go across to Joey instead

There are newer reviews for Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Okay. I eat out A LOT and I had high hopes for this place when my friend raved out it. Wow, what a letdown. I had the spinach salad with goat cheese and for $16 it was the biggest rip off of my life. Seriously, I don't mind spending money on good food but you spend $16 for a teeny tiny salad that sucks, well, it sucks and I really felt compelled to write a review. The lettuce was soggy. It had no flavour and it was just really blah. I treated my friend here for her 40th and she had the mac and cheese and although she said she liked it, (I'm not convinced considering she left half of it and didn't touch her side salad) The mac and cheese dish was so tiny and I was honestly annoyed that it cost $18.00. I would never come back to eat here again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Although we had good service and the ambiance was nice, that is not enough if the food is not up to par. The menu is overpriced and the fare mediocre. Emailing the restaurant directly produced no response. This tells me the management doesn't really care. Glow bills itself as having a healthy menu. Fortunately consumers have better choices of restaurants in this shopping mall.
Glow needs to shape up or ship out.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you want to sit on a nice patio while having your meal, this place is it. If you expect good food or service, go elsewhere. Glow has a healthy menu but the execution falls flat. My fish tacos was cold and had little flavour - not worth $15 for three tacos. Others in my party commented on the small portions and also the lack of flavour. Our server did not come to ask us how our food was or to top up our drinks - the basics! He also refused to give us separate bills (there were 11 of us at the table) and insisted on one bill which made us, the customers, work on splitting up the bill ourselves. We found out later that he gave separate bills to our other table that was with us (also a large party). It is unfortunate because there's a lot of potential for the restaurant to do well and the chef bid us farewell as we left the restaurant - unfortunately all 22 of us did not want to go back.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have eaten at Glow a few times and it has come down to this. During the summer months, the air conditioning system is very drafty and chilling. You must have a sweater to eat indoors and it is rather unpleasant to feel cold on your feet. Eat outdoors on a nice summer evening.
Lighting indoors is hard on the eyes and the noise travels (due to high ceilings) and echoes. You will leave with a headache. Again, eat outside.
The bruschetta is very tasy. Really fresh and just the right amount of oil.
The service is okay. Waiters not overly friendly. Could smile a little more!
Overall. Food okay. Service okay. But if you eat indoors, you will regret it!