“Really really disappointing”

Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,276 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North York
Cross street: Don Mills & Lawrence
Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
“Really really disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Okay. I eat out A LOT and I had high hopes for this place when my friend raved out it. Wow, what a letdown. I had the spinach salad with goat cheese and for $16 it was the biggest rip off of my life. Seriously, I don't mind spending money on good food but you spend $16 for a teeny tiny salad that sucks, well, it sucks and I really felt compelled to write a review. The lettuce was soggy. It had no flavour and it was just really blah. I treated my friend here for her 40th and she had the mac and cheese and although she said she liked it, (I'm not convinced considering she left half of it and didn't touch her side salad) The mac and cheese dish was so tiny and I was honestly annoyed that it cost $18.00. I would never come back to eat here again.

“Eat somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Although we had good service and the ambiance was nice, that is not enough if the food is not up to par. The menu is overpriced and the fare mediocre. Emailing the restaurant directly produced no response. This tells me the management doesn't really care. Glow bills itself as having a healthy menu. Fortunately consumers have better choices of restaurants in this shopping mall.
Glow needs to shape up or ship out.

Toronto, Canada
“Nice ambience but that's it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

If you want to sit on a nice patio while having your meal, this place is it. If you expect good food or service, go elsewhere. Glow has a healthy menu but the execution falls flat. My fish tacos was cold and had little flavour - not worth $15 for three tacos. Others in my party commented on the small portions and also the lack of flavour. Our server did not come to ask us how our food was or to top up our drinks - the basics! He also refused to give us separate bills (there were 11 of us at the table) and insisted on one bill which made us, the customers, work on splitting up the bill ourselves. We found out later that he gave separate bills to our other table that was with us (also a large party). It is unfortunate because there's a lot of potential for the restaurant to do well and the chef bid us farewell as we left the restaurant - unfortunately all 22 of us did not want to go back.

toronto
“Good for drinks on the outdoor patio/service ok/indoors too cold”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have eaten at Glow a few times and it has come down to this. During the summer months, the air conditioning system is very drafty and chilling. You must have a sweater to eat indoors and it is rather unpleasant to feel cold on your feet. Eat outdoors on a nice summer evening.
Lighting indoors is hard on the eyes and the noise travels (due to high ceilings) and echoes. You will leave with a headache. Again, eat outside.
The bruschetta is very tasy. Really fresh and just the right amount of oil.
The service is okay. Waiters not overly friendly. Could smile a little more!
Overall. Food okay. Service okay. But if you eat indoors, you will regret it!

• Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Decent Food, Horrendous Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

experienced this restaurant for the first time this past Saturday Night. Was seated on the patio promptly, althought the 1/2 the seats are way to low for the average person to sit comfortably in.
Menus were given, then had to wait over 1/2 an hour to place a drink order. Finally got drinks then had to wait another 15 minutes before placing food order. (Salad appetizers and entrees). Salads came within about 10 minutes but main entrees were about 40-45 minutes and my waitress did not even deliver them to the table. Another employee brought them out.
Approx 30 minutes later our waitress appeared asking if our entrees were okay (of course we were almost finished.)
Anyway, the "Glow" salads were excellent as was the grilled veal I ordered. My Girlfriend has the scallops but did not like the spicy sauce they were in.
We sat with dirty plates on our table for another 30 minutes before the waitress finally cleared them.
Finally another 15 minutes went by before we were offerred desert and coffee, the waitress exclaiming she would bring the desert menu.
Well the desert menu is just a rack of frozen deserts in cute little shot glasses. we chose two (key lime pie and caramel pecan), which were good but not great.
While bringing us coffee, the waitress exclaimed that another witer would be looking after us, but never pointed out who the waiter was, or brought him over to the table.
After finishing our coffees we waited over 45 minutes before I finally got up and went to see the hostess in order to get our bill.
So overall it's a nice atmosphere, decent but pricey food, but uncomfortable patio seating and lousy service.

• Visited July 2012