“Excellent value. Nicely renovated.”

Pearson Hotel Conference Centre Toronto Airport
Ranked #126 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The rates of this hotel beat others in the area by $50 to $150. It was recently renovated and is very clean and modern. The restaurant, althought almost finished, is currently only serving a continental breakfast (included with room rate and well as free parking!) but it was more than we could ask for. Comfortable area to eat and lots of food selection.

Room Tip: Although it was close to the airport, we were not disturbed by the sound of planes.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Pumpkinkitty2

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I very rarely post negative reviews unless I have to... but this was my experience during the Christmas break. I booked a parking space online which stated that it would take the airport shuttle up to 40min to arrive. I got the hotel at 2:15pm and the receptionist at the front desk told me the shuttle would pick me up at 3:15pm. Since my flight doesn't depart until 5:30, I thought I would still have time to wait... boy, I was wrong. I waited until 3:25pm and there was still no shuttle. I asked the receptionist again, and he told me to sit and wait in a Lexus SUV parked right outside the main entrance. I waited another 10min in the cold inside the SUV, and was getting really frustrated at that time. I went back to the hotel and asked the receptionist again to see what is really going on. Then he phoned the manager and the manager came and drove to the airport. No explanation or apology was given. The worst thing was the manager was inside his office and he knew that I was waiting for a shuttle because he talked to one of the staffs to see what "that guy" is waiting for.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank 1,015,286,969
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night with the family. The hotel has recently been renovated in some parts, while other parts of the hotel are still under renovations. The hotel felt brand new, due to the recent renos, with carpets, wall paper and furniture all being brand new. The hotel does not have a pool, but has a really small workout room with three machines. It also has a business centre and two larger board/meeting rooms. All felt brand new. Free wifi was included along with a complimentary breakfast (breads, spreads, cereal, juices and tea) and lots of free parking. It was a tad expensive for what you get, but was overall happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank kmsultan
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel just for some down time during the Christmas season with some friends ( not to party might i add) Hotel was quiet, staff was friendly, breakfast was good, bed were so comfortable! Roger (i think that's his name) and Katrina at Front desk were awesome and very accommodating for the specific rooms i asked for :) Great location, bathrooms were very nice and clean! ONLY problem is that we left a shirt in the bathtub in our one room, and housekeeping said they cleaned it and there was nothing, we were 100% positive we did. all i wanted was someone to own up to the mistake. It wasn't a huge problem (since we were the ones to forget it), but don't say you keep everything in lost and found when you don't. But other then that it was a great stay!!! Thanks !!! Happy Holidays!

Room Tip: I always like Corner rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We recently stayed at this property as a last-minute reservation and were very pleased from the moment we entered the lobby until we left the next morning. The front desk staff were friendly and professional, Our room was spacious, quiet, very clean, great amenities and flat screen tv. King size bed was super comfortable and room was nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast was better than others I have had as continental ones! The hallways were clean, wide and bright. I required assistance when using the business office and the staff were pleasant and very helpful. Parking is free, easy access to main roads, wi-fi is free, complimentary breakfast! Would definitely stay there again. GREAT DEAL!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah R
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed 2 nights last week with my son in a double-queen bed room for his hockey tournament. Hotel is very clean; staff are efficient and friendly. Our room was modern and quiet; my son enjoyed the 37-in flat screen TV. Breakfast included in the $95/night price offered a pretty good selection. We had our own car, so I can't comment on airport shuttle. Note there are NO restaurants within walking distance to this hotel; it's located in an industrial section of the city. However, there are several good restaurants within a 5-to-10 minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room for most convenient, non-elevator access to breakfast room. Rooms facing...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank scribe765
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I enjoyed the hospitality of this hotel earlier this summer as I transited through Toronto Pearson International aiprort on a layover.
This is a newer hotel, or newly renovated and everything is bright, sparklingly and clean. Service at the reception desk was standard-capable and professional. Nice well equipped business centre, guestroom WiFi reasonably fast, free and easy to logon. Rooms very well appointed and upmarket for this price point (they probably can afford to charge a higher daily rate but, shhhhh don't tell them). The continental breakfast the next day was satisfactory and convenient in a room located on the 2nd floor.
Make no mistake, this is a layover hotel or perhaps an airport conference destination. There is literally nothing but warehouses, shipping depots and empty fields within walking distance but, what other airport area is different? Folks who complain about location likely don't travel much-you fellow road/air warriors know what I mean. Stay here to save a few bucks as compared with hotels on Airport Rd. or Dixon Rd. This is just as nice inside as many of the 3* or 4* properties that charge midweek rates that are $100 more per night.
The property offers a free airport shuttle service too. I believe that it comes less frequently to the terminals than do the shuttles for larger hotels so call ahead to let them know you are arriving and schedule a return shuttle with the front desk when you check in.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business