“Never stay twice”

Comfort Hotel Airport North
Ranked #87 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a somewhat run down property that is staffed by a very rude management team. There are newer Choice Hotel properties just minutes away, competitave priced, and staffed by much friendlier people. As a business traveler I will avoid this property moving forward.

Room Tip: Get a room anywhere else!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa R
dooley1966, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Ms. Lisa,

Thank you for submitting your comments about our hotel. I am sorry that you did not have a positive experience.

I would love to touch base with you. It would be great if you could contact me at the Hotel. My direct number is 416-740-0676.

Hope to talk to you soon.
Dmitry Paykin
Director of Sales

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Not sure what this place was last year but it is obvious it has changed names. The general condition is shabby, lots of old thread worn carpet, chipped up furniture. Bathroom is ok but you can see the signs of a cheap make over. Not sure if the bed or the floor is softer. "High speed" internet is dead slow currently running at 11kbs. Even for Hotwire's cheap price, this is no bargain. On the plus side, the TV is nice, even if the remote is held together is masking tape and there in a new Tim Horton's right out the back door. Avoid this one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gene2632
dooley1966, Director of Sales at Comfort Hotel Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your comments and we would like to apologize for your experience with our hotel.

Best regards,
Dmitry Paykin

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I purchased a traveljaunt " park,stay and fly " special for this hotel which included 14 days of parking at a very reasonable cost. I had an overall good experience. I would highly recommend using this hotel when needing accommendation close to the airport.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We, two seniors, stayed one night on a layover. Shuttle was prompt;driver courteous and helpful. The front desk staff was also courteous and helpful. Our room was clean with a comfortable bed in addition to being quiet. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the restaurant.the price was reasonable. We would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was 813
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice in November 2012. Both times booked off Hotwire.
The first trip at the beginning of November went very smoothly. Was traveling with my dad and a friend. We arrived on Friday afternoon for a two night stay and the girl working the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She asked us what our preference was for rooms and if we wanted rooms facing the track. She placed us in side by side rooms on an upper floor facing the track, one room with two beds and another with a single bed. Both rooms were very clean and quiet. Room temperature was good and the beds comfy. Overall we were very happy the hotel and the staff.
Stayed again at this hotel at the end of November. Booked on Hotwire at the same price and was happy thinking I knew what I was getting. I arrived at Pearson on a Monday afternoon travelling with a friend and called over for the shuttle. They said it would be about 15 minutes. We waited about 45 minutes. Not really a big deal as we were in no rush. We got to the hotel and it was two different people working the front desk. The girl that checked me in said a room with two beds was not available if booked on Hotwire, only a single queen size bed was available. I mentioned that I had stayed at the hotel two weeks ago and they gave me a room with two beds without issue. She went back and checked with her "manager" and said that shouldn't have happened and it would be $20 extra for a room with two twin beds. I asked to speak with the "manager". She went back into the office and came back a minute later and said there would be no charge this time but would be for future stays. I have no problem if this is the policy, but it is not being consistently applied from what I have seen in other reviews. Now I assume since I questioned the policy they put me in a lousy room. We got a room on the 3rd floor that was very dated, had dirty walls and stained carpet. Overall just a poorly maintained room. Was not in the mood to complain any more as it had been a long day and we had an early flight.
I have been back to Toronto since and have seen what I assume is this hotel on Hotwire and have avoided it. The first stay was great, but I am not willing to risk a repeat of my second stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Found this hotel on Jaunt,ca. It offered us what we were looking for in 1 overnight stay before flying to the Domincan Republic. It was a bit removed from other hotel that we had stayed at but with the following it was worth it.
1.price of $79.00+tax
2.breakfast
3.shuttle to and from airport
4.14 day free parking of an automobile
5.shopping at large Woodbine Mall across the street
6.restaurant on site

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I needed a room for one night in the toronto airport area for myself and a buddy. I used Priceline to get a room at a cheap rate. I did not know which hotel I was going to get until after my bid was accepted, Immediately after I discovered it was this hotel, I went to tripadvisor to check out the reviews. Needless to say I was quite concerned about all the terrible reviews that were posted recently about this hotel.

However, my experience was somewhat different than most, but I only stayed the one night and the rate I received was very good.

I called the hotel directly to request a particular room type once I won the bid and got this room. I was greeted in a courteous manner and told that the two-bedded room I was requesting was already assigned to me.

Once I arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the front desk staff. He was courteous and efficient, quickly gave us our room keys and answered all our questions. The lobby was clean and spacious.

Once we arrived at our room, I was impressed by how spacious and clean it was. Remember I was expecting the worst after reading some of the reviews. Also, the room looked like it had been newly renovated. The bathroom has definitely undergone a renovation as everything looked new and shiny. The bathroom door did not close properly, but it was a minor issue and I did not even mention it to the staff.

The beds were very comfortable and the pillows and sheets were clean and cozy. No complaints there. We never heard any outside noise from the airport nor were we disturbed by any of our fellow guests.

Used the pool and hot tub once. It is quite small but was clean and met our needs.

We did not dine at the restaurant so I cannot comment on the food at this hotel.

Overall this is a nice, clean, comfortable, yet basic two star hotel with a pool and free parking. You have to remember when booking a hotel what the star rating is and judge it accordingly. If you are expecting the Hyatt or the Sheraton you are going to be disappointed. If you need basic accomodations at a reasonable price near the airport, then this is an excellent choice in my opinion.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on a high floor. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank gojays_1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Canadas Best Value Inn Toronto
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

Been to Comfort Hotel Airport North? Share your experiences!