“Good price, okay hotel”

Comfort Hotel Airport North
Ranked #89 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in December 2012. My Toronto friends were not happy with the location of the hotel....They actually removed everything from their vehicle (even if it wasnt valuable) because they were concerned about their car getting broken into. The location seemed fine to me. It was right across from the Woodbine race track.

I got a great deal on Hotwire and the hotel had a shuttle to the airport. These two items were my most important factors when booking this hotel.

There was nothing fancy about this hotel. The lobby was okay, the elevators looked a little sketchy but they did their job. The room was dated but everything was clean, no stains on the sheets. They had an old style tv but I was okay with that because I had a cheap price.

Dont expect anything fancy here. Just your basic hotel that could use some updating but is fine the way it is (and probably why they can keep their prices low).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank misskris8

Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a 7 hour drive to my Christmas party at the Woodbine Race Track in a snow storm, I was pleasantly surprised with the clean, updated accomodations. I have extremely high standards of cleanliness when it comes to staying in hotels. Esspecially after watching the marketplace "Dirt on Hotels" I check everything. My son and I got a room with two queen beds and everything was perfect and clean. The value, I think for $109 for the night was worth the comfortable, spacious, clean, quite and cozy warm room that we got.

We even visited the restaurant that is attached to the hotel and it happened to be Latin night. So the music was a great end to the night with a pitcher of beer.

And two thumbs up for taking my reservation at the last minute, service was fast and friendly. No hassles what so ever.

Room Tip: I was in room 607 and it was quite facing the parking lot so we could see our car.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Rachellelee25
Reviewed November 3, 2012

What a dump....

Ok..it isn't THAT bad...but certainly not worth what I paid...even through Hotwire....(especially after they charged me extra to get two beds in the room even though that was what I reserved and the property appeared to be empty based on the barren parking lot)...

This is a VERY tired worn out property...probably family owned given that the two persons at the front desk looked related...and you can see where corners have been cut EVERYWHERE...dirty carpet in hallways...room was ice cold when we walked in (can't be heating empty rooms...even in winter)...old tube TV...worn comforter on the bed....cheap and aged / worn furniture...old and tired fixtures and tiles in the bathroom.

I seem to be on a losing streak with hotels booked via Hotwire....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GoGoBear
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My friend booked this hotel on Hotwire for 2 separate nights, it asked what she requested for sleeping arrangements, 2 queen beds. Upon our return to the hotel on the Sunday as we travelled out of town, we were told we dont give out 2 queen beds, she said I got it the first night we were here, no youll be given a twin and queen, get up to the room theres only one queen bed, back to front desk and we got what was appropriate but not without a fight! Then we decided to rent a car as they had a rental company at the hotel, donot go near them with a ten foot pole...rip off artists!! My friend pays a higher premium on her insurance at home in Kelowna as she travels alot for renting cars and can always waive buying the rentals insurance well these people never heard of it, they dont do that yadda yadda, bottom line if we wanted the car we had to buy their insurance, since weve learned thats crap and they ripped us off. On top of it the car broke down and left us stranded in a city where we were 2 women left alone in the dark. We had to ask a stranger to give us a boost and he said this car has been jumped before as the cap was off the battery. Upon returning to the hotel we were told you must have left the lights on and NO we didnt, they also said thats a brand new car, No its not, the filth on the seats says so! We tried to speak to the hotel manager who says they only rent from us, well they represent your hotel so I suggest you get rid of them! Our second night there the pool was broken, phone in room didnt work. All in all horrible hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank matineed
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night and left our car there while we travelled in the U.S. The room was adequate; it seemed fairly clean, but the decor is old and spartan (worn bedspreads and the identical framed print was hung on two walls). Breakfast at the adjacent restaurant was OK, however, the young server's English was poor and she did not write down our order, so some items were missed.
The airport shuttle arrived at the hotel promptly at 8:30 am. The driver assisted a little with our bags and the drive to Pearson airport was swift. However, he dumped us and our bags on the sidewalk at Terminal 3 and took off before we could even ask about how to contact the shuttle on our return! The hotel staff had not volunteered this information, either.
We were able to find out the contact information online while we were away. But, it took two calls to the hotel and a long wait before we were actually able to board the return shuttle at Terminal 1. On his arrival at the Terminal, the driver didn't move from his seat to assist people with their bags. It was a stark contrast with the courteous and friendly shuttle drivers we observed from the other hotels; the Comfort Hotel drivers are in far too much of a hurry to provide good customer service.
We would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NJHSankofa
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is your standard hotel at a reasonable price but provides one of the longer free parking stays which is one of the reasons we chose it. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The shuttle was prompt when we were leaving and when we returned we were told it might be 20 minutes or more before the shuttle arrived so we were pleasantly surprised when we only waited five minutes. I would stay here again when flying out of Pearson Airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days straight. Only con about this hotel is that it is quite far away from downtown and can be isolated at night. And also you'll be able to hear noise from plane since Pearson International Airport is nearby. Overall i had a great experience and would definitely come back to this hotel if i'm on a tight budget and looking for a decent place to sleep

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nuxbox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Woodbine Hotel & Suites
North York
Comfort Inn Toronto North
Comfort Inn Toronto North
#110 of 137 in Toronto

Been to Comfort Hotel Airport North? Share your experiences!