“Would stay here again!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport
Ranked #96 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My b/f and I stayed here in April for two nights. One night before leaving for Cuba and the other night when we came back from Cuba. The hotel and room were very clean. We had everything we needed. We got a room on the 12th floor both nights. In fact we managed to get the exact same room: 1205. We had a coffee maker with all the extras, two queen size beds which was very comfy, a good size bathroom and a flat screen tv. The room also had a couch/cot near the window. We had a great view of the planes landing and flying out of the airport. Other than that the room was very quiet. Never heard any of the other guests while there. We were given a later check out of 12 noon when arriving back from Cuba due to the lateness of checking in for the night.

Front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful at all times. There's a nice little gift shop just off the huge and impressive lobby. Lots of couches/seating in air conditioned comfort in the lobby.

Attached to the lobby is a great restaurant which serves amazing desserts. One of the servers, Dianne' was super friendly and polite. She always greeted us with a big smile. Service was fast.

We had purchased the 'Park'N'Fly' package and we were able to leave our vehicle in the parking lot right behind the hotel while we were away for the week. It was very convenient for us.

The elevators were super cool with the High Def t.v. screens built into the walls. I totally enjoyed my trip back and forth to my room because of this feature!!

We were given a $20 discount on the 2nd night we were there which we didn't really expect.

I wouldn't definitely consider staying there again in the near future.

Room Tip: We only stayed in the one room:1205. I considered it a very good room because of the vantage point o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your guest experience and how you feel however I have shared your comments with my team accordingly also. We appreciate that you detailed what you enjoyed during your stay with us.

Thank you for identifying our employees on behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just got a nice response from the manager who gave us a partial refund for our hotel room with the broken A/C. We really appreciate the gesture and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again...

On a side note, I did want to mention that they gave us a really early check in and late checkout when we traveled for the first time with our new baby, and it was much appreciated

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your guest experience and how you feel however I have shared your comments with my team accordingly also. We appreciate that you stay with us on a regular basis.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander P
Chad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything else was fine at the hotel, convenient location, great shuttle service, fair price, nice staff...except when we had issues wit the cooling system. We called several time and was told that a service person was on their way, and they never came. By the time we got back to the hotel room it was too late to get anything done with a sleeping baby and so we baked for the night. Funny thing was in the morning we were told we were using the thermostat wrong- and yet we never had any issues using the thermostat during previous stays at hotels nor when we stayed at the same hotel on our return flight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

However I will contact you directly about this discuss this further and as an alternative if you wish to contact me directly at 416 674 2222 x 1927 and I also have emailed you directly in regards to your concerns.

Jason B. Unger
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Toronto Airport Travelodge. The first stay was straightforward, good accommodation and no problems. The room was completely supplied and as described. This time, however, there were a couple of issues that needed to be addressed. The first issue is a small one, but could be indicative of the level of care the hotel offers. I assume it is for health reasons that the ice bucket always contains a plastic liner. Most, if not all, hotels have them and last visit so did this place. Not so this time. Probably an oversight, a rushed cleaner trying to keep to a schedule. But not good.
The second issue is major. The front desk, after checking me in about an hour earlier, somehow allowed someone else to have a key card to my room. The only fortunate thing about this is that I was in the room when he entered. Aside from the security and safety issue, there is the theft concern. Even if it was a legitimate mistake (that is, that the man thought that he should be allowed into my room), does the front desk not have the information that the room is already occupied? When I called the front desk to report it, they just informed me that they were sorting it out and offered a very offhand apology.
Unfortunately, this last issue will make me reconsider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Chad H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Jason B. Unger
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was a Secret Deal on Travelocity. Rooms were very spacious and modern, very clean. Check in was friendly and efficient. Pool was nice. Can't beat it for $47.00 a night. Parking was $12.00. Would go again for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Quality Suites Toronto Airport
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!