“50th Birthday Party Gathering”

Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Ranked #91 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
COLLINGWOOD
“50th Birthday Party Gathering”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very organized, courteous staff. We had a 50th Birthday party to attend at the Lonestar - which was right across the street. Great location for us. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Chad H, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Thank you for identifying our employees whom went above and beyond.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Montreal
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Perfect score on a friendly customer service oriented hotel. My flight was delayed by a few hours and there were no hesitation on extending a late checkout. Great location with many restaurant within walking distance. Close to YYZ airport. Efficient and reliable shuttle service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chad H, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

WINDSOR JUNCTION
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Interesting you sent and have asked for a review as I was contemplating sending an email to management. When I booked the Traveleodge, I did so after researching hotels who offered smoking rooms, which are few and far between these days. I called your hotel and the location was supreme and you offered smoking rooms. I booked and RESERVED a King Size, smoking room. Upon my arrival on Sept 19th, I was told there were no smoking rooms available. Now imagine my surprise that after I reserved a smoking room, I was told I could not have one. I was extremely upset. The person on the front desk then got the manager, who again told me there was nothing he could do. I was very unhappy and then asked him to find me a hotel with a smoking room, close by, with the same rate. As I stated to the manager, (I am a female), I was traveling without my husband, and wanted to know if he felt it was safe for me to go down in an elevator and stand outside by myself to smoke and if he was willing to take responsibility for that. As I said to him, this is why I booked well in advance and reserved myself a smoking room. After 10 minutes, he came back with a smoking room. Now I was delighted, but why the heck was I told there were no smoking rooms, when in a span of 15 min, one was available. Not impressed.

I was booked into room 620. Upon arriving to the floor, the smell of smoke was very distinct, so I assumed the entire floor must be smoking. Surely there are things one can do to make the smell less intrusive. I entered my room to find filthy dirty walls, bed lines that had to have been washed a million times, the room looked like it had not been updated in 20 years.

I have no idea what the other rooms in the hotel are like, but it is outrageous to me that because I am a smoker, I had to put up with a horrible smelling, dirty room. Am I to be treated like a second class citizen because I am a smoker?

I was offered free parking for my troubles. Big deal. I was booked into your hotel for two nights. At about 5pm, I decided I could not spend another night in this hotel and checked out.

This was a very disapointing trip for me. I travel to Toronto frequently and thought I had found a hotel that could accomodate my needs; close to airport, close to shopping, and a smoking hotel.

Your front end staff were indeed very nice and the manager himself was kind as well. I do not want that to go un-noticed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Sandra C
Dear Sandra,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel for your information we are undergoing refurbishments throughout this year to address those concerns of room and product conditions.

As per my email to you we have addressed the concerns at hand.

However, I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and know I have shared them with my team in regards to the smoking room availability.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Regular readers will have read my many reviews on this hotel and will be pleased to read that it is improving albeit very slowly!

Always great when you enter because the foyer is simply stunning! I must also say we felt very welcomed at the reception(possibly due to the fact that we had not booked through Expedia this time???)

We chose to upgrade to an executive room because our colleagues would be next to us on the same floor. It was a questionable choice as an executive room is exactly the same as "regular" room except you get a refrigerator, , the lights are on when you walk in, the radio is playing nice soothing music, there is an extra light fixture that shines on a painting and, continental breakfast is included(but only after 7am!! not before - even if you are on a tight schedule). The room we had also had direct access to the party room between the 2 executive rooms and that was kinda nice! The security of having to insert your room card in the elevator to get to your floor after a certain hour is a nice bonus. Is it worth the extra? You 'll have to decide for yourself.

The mattress in the bed by the window kept pulling me to the middle for some reason. Maybe it's worn, maybe it's ghosts, but it was not the most comfortable night i've spent there.

Our executive room had a loose water tap for the shower(and it has been loose for a while now) but the bathroom was very pleasant and more modern looking than in the other rooms. Would it be too much to have bathroom fans that don't rumble when you turn the light on?? It actually awakened my colleague in the middle of the night. Replacing the fan motor or putting it on a separate switch would make the "executive" room much better. The view was stunning through the southwest facing window and we really enjoyed enjoyed watching Toronto wake up and all the lights go off as daylight took over Saturday morning.

I'm not sure why but for a room that was booked for 2 people they only left one(1 enveloppe) coffee sachet so only 1 of us got coffee in the room Saturday morning, The other had to go to the lobby(before 8am) to get coffee on the house.

Did not use the pool or the gym this time so will not comment on them.

I will however mention the poor state of the carts. Please oil or grease the wheels. They are horrible to push around!! They've been like that for at least 3 years now.... maybe looking into a refurbish or getting new ones would be something to look into. Do not get larger carts - the ones you have are the perfect size!!

The restaurant(Casey's) is always great and they do their best to offer great service. Unfortunately they don't open early enough on Saturdays for us to enjoy breakfast prior to our functions but the dinner menu is very varied and many choices are really great - just don't be in a hurry. coffee is great!!

Will I go back? Yes! Is it a good hotel? Yes! Could it be better? Yes! Is it good value for the money? Almost! If they fixed the little things like faucets and taps it would make a huge difference!!

The cleaning staff is excellent and eager to make your stay as good as possible. Be sure to let them know you appreciate their work by leaving conventional tips for them - they do work hard and get paid very little... keep in mind their work will determine your impression of the room you use.

Room Tip: South facing rooms let you watch airplanes coming and going. Better than TV in my estimation!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chad H, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, September 21, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel for your information we are undergoing refurbishments throughout this year to address those concerns about room conditions.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Lovely clean modern hotel. Spacious modern clean bedrooms with really comfortable beds. Ensuite was a lovely size and very clean. Nice swimming pool. Slight noise from over head planes but not enough to keep you awake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2012

For the past 4 years I have stayed at this hotel quite often. The front desk staff at this hotel know the true meaning of the words Customer Service. Always so helpful and very professional. I usually deal with Sophia who always goes the extra mile. She even remembers which room I prefer and always tries to accomadate me! I understand that the hotel is under going some renovations and updating the rooms. This is good news, however even without the renos there is no other hotel that I would stay at along the hotel strip. The restaurant food is good, the location of the hotel is good if you are travelling out of Pearson airport. The only down side is the shuttle bus when you are being picked up at the airport. Seems that you have to wait a long time sometimes. Also now you have to pay for parking at this hotel. Putting that aside this hotel really is good and the staff is what makes it!

Room Tip: Room above the 6th floor. Corner rooms are nice.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Chad H, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, September 12, 2012

However, I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and know I have shared them with my team and 3rd party Shuttle Service.

Langley City, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to stay for the price, is clean, good breakfast, great staff. The shuttle bus runs every half hour. I found it silly that we needed a ticket for the shuttle bus to get back to the airport.

Plumbing in our room was poor, water didn't drain nor did the toilet flush very well..

Room Tip: Make sure the plumbing works..
1 Thank theflyinggreek
Chad H, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete our customer satisfaction survey for the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel for your information we are undergoing refurbishments throughout this year to address those concerns about the plumbing issues.

However, I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and know I have shared them with my team.

Thank you for identifying our employees whom went above and beyond

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations