“Good economical hotel, great location!”

Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Ranked #98 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The Travelodge at Toronto Airport, with a Casey's restaurant attached, is a great lay-over hotel. It's a little dated, but it was just fine for our one night stay. It's close to the airport, staff very friendly. The pool and gym are clean, provide fresh towels, not busy. The restaurant is attached to hotel, is open until very late and open again for brkst early in a.m. The lobby is spacious and welcome. There are many restaurants nearby, incl. a Keg, Lone Star, Arizona's, and many more. The airport shuttle runs every 1/2 hour, and is reliable. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking, if this is important to you! Ask for a high floor, as you might have a good vie...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
925dixon, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here the night before we left for our vacation and again on our way back. What a mistake we made booking at this place.

The shuttle from the airport was late both times even though we called the hotel to request a pickup. The first time it was -20C outside and we didn't have any of our winter clothing on because we were going to the Caribbean. On our way back, our flight came in at 2am so we were VERY tired and just wanted to go to sleep. We and other guests called the hotel a few times to ask about the shuttle and they were very rude. When it finally did show up, the driver didn't even help us with our luggage.

Then, when we arrived at the hotel, the very rude and unprofessional female security guard gave us a hassle because we didn't have wristbands on (I guess you needed them because it was New Year's Eve) and asked us if we were even guests at the hotel. Yes lady - we like to walk around the airport hotel strip during the winter with no warm clothing, lugging suitcases in the middle of the night on NYE. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. Then when she did put the wristbands on us, she just about cut circulation off it was so tight.

Our travel agent requested a late checkout for us because of our flight times, which was not honoured at the hotel. We were told it was their policy (according to the guy who walked out of the back room, looked at us, and then told us it was their policy) to offer late checkout on New Year's Day. There was nothing posted saying that was the policy and we even offered to pay extra for it.

Security was heavy that night and they were being extremely dramatic about it being NYE and all and that they had to keep things under control. I found that extremely ironic because on our way out the next day, we saw the huge sign advertising their "great rates for walk-ins on NYE!" If it's going to cause so many problems, don't advertise it at the expense of quiet guests just looking to mind their business and sleep in a little bit during their vacation. A bunch of drunks on NYE aren't likely to be your repeat customers, travelers are... but not these ones.

I'd rather pay double than stay at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa D
925dixon, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Ms. Lisa D,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to start off by apologizing for lack of co-operation and attention that you deserve and did not recieve. New Year's Eve is always a challange and we try our best to put in controls that limit, our rooms to only registered guests. This ensures a safe and restful stay. We were unable to deliver on this, in your case.
Your comments about the shuttle have been forwared to our transport company and are being dealt with. For this I sincerely appologize. Without question there will be no charge for your room. Please contact me directly so the refund can be processed. I remain,

Oneil Iqbal
Phone: 416-674-2222
Email: oiqbal@travelodgedixon.com

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed at the Travelodge Toronto Airport Hotel and let me tell you something what a mistake. The rooms are smelly and the furniture, TV and carpets date back in 1975. The remote control for the TV works in Slomotion, I asked the front desk guy for a wake-up call at 8:30 A.M. and guess what my wake-up call came in at 6:30 A.M. Seriously dude where do you think we live in Russia. I will never stay at the Travelodge Toronto Airport Hotel again, I would rather sleep outside in the fresh air.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
925dixon, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for your response. I am very concerned about some of your comments. I ask that you, please contact me directly via email below or by phone. I would like to discuss this further.

E-mail: oiqbal@travelodgedixon.com
Phone: 416-674-2222

Oneil Iqbal
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Very good budget option for Toronto. spacious rooms, great Spa area, and a bus stop right in front of the door also a few restaurant are nearby ( italian, mexican, oriental ) once again the price is allmost unbeatable for what you get ( about 75 CAD per night )
but dont take the bussiness room with breakfast, this is not worth the extra money...its only coffee and muffin for 10 CAD extra

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank benni_wintergerst
925dixon, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you for your valuable comments. In addition to coffee & muffins we also offer, danishes,
cereal, yogurt, orange juice etc. seven days a week. I Hope you get to experience our Deluxe Continental Breakfast, on your next stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Amazing fast check in and very nice room (for the price). I wanted to just soak in a hot bath but there was no hot water. They sent up maintenance and I was told that alot of people were showering probably and to try in 1/2 an hour. I waited for 3 hours and no luck. I finally called the front desk and before you can say Bob's your uncle, they had me in another room with very hot water. Thanks so much for the service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lenfromsturgeon

Your comments are most appreciated. Glad we were able switch your room, as quick as you were checked in. Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Traveling in from the airport is pretty close. The shuttle only comes every half hour so probably plan on a small wait.

Check-in was easy. Room rates are great.

Had a corner room, it was nice. Very spacious bathroom.

I found the carpeting to be dirty or stained - not sure. The fan in the bathroom is automatic with the light and loud, that sucks.

Good hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank SaskatoonAccountant
925dixon, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Thank you for taking time to inform us of your stay. We are expecting renovations in the very near future. Your comments are valuable, for hastening the renovation process. Our rooms
are quiet spacious compared to other properties, with a great veiw of the Pearson Int. Airport.
Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

When you enter the lobby it is very impressive. The friendly and helpful staff always do their best to make sure you get all the attention you need. I've written about this hotel before so I'll write about a sore point more than usual: I've mentioned this to the desk staff a few times now so her e it is again: Hello Travelodge!!! FIX THE BATHROOM PLUMBING ALREADY!! Every tap is loose/hard to operate and the shower head feed from the wall is completely loose. I understand you can't have a plumber on hand 24/7 but I'm willing to say publicly than within a week, if you hired one to simply tighten all handles, taps, shower heads, your guests' stay would be al the more pleasant. Had I had a multi-tool I would have tightened the shower water control knob myself in about 1 minute. Everyone who stays there already knows there is a need for updating but why not keep everything up and at least make it look like you are trying?!? In this day and age of consumer awareness what's with the chlorinated pool?Saltwater instead of chlorine is way safer and so much easier for upkeep; it would also give us some kind of indication that you are trying to keep up to date. I must say the pillows were way better than all other times I've been there(every 2-3 months). Thanks for putting normal(thinner) pillows. I slept more comfortably. the mattress was very comfortable as usual and even though the television set is outdated the picture is very clear and it works well. The reason for my "average" rating of rooms is the poor condition of bathroom plumbing and old style TV.

Room Tip: Executive floor rooms have a refrigerator and a desk; handy when your partners come up for a drink a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business