“Perfect location, great lobby & restaurant; don't expect much from rooms”

Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road
Ranked #93 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect location, great lobby & restaurant; don't expect much from rooms”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

My wife and I love going there because it's near everything and that is why we hold many of our conferences/trainings there. Can't really trust the airport shuttle schedule though. The lobby will simply enchant the first timer and it remains a beautiful area for sitting, chatting by a fireplace, when you return. Desk staff do their best to help although the evening staff seems to be more "of service" than the day staff. I can't believe that a hotel of that size has only ONE accessible room(yes, it was booked)! We managed because my bride was having good days but had she not, it would have been very arduous. Not sure why but depending on who is at the desk, parking rates vary from free to $13.00 This time we got a 2nd fl. small(ish) room but the bathroom was in serious need of renos!! The fan was so noisy I literally opened it up and disconnected the motor so we wouldn't disturb the neighbours at night. I replugged it before leaving and notified the desk staff at checkout. Eco friendly lighting is a great train to be on but, believe me hotel owners, It plays HAVOC with baby boomer eyes!! The lighting in our room actually sucked and I had to sit under the corner lamp to be able to read my book. C'mon! Give us at least one bright light and put it on a dimmer! Back to the washroom: the shower plumbing is in very sorry state and everything needs to be replaced/recaulked and the shower head is no good for anyone shorter than 5 ft; it sprays too high. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a leak below becasue of the gap betwenn shower wall and the bath faucet. Beds are excellent and comfortable but there are no drawers anywhere. There is a closet, a small round table, a suitcase caddy and a corner unit with a tv (the remote buttons were always sticking and you have to aim it perfectly for it to work!) There is a coffee machine in the corner unit but no place to plug it in!! Moved it to the bathroom counter to use it.
for the bargain basement price they charge for no refunds, no changes, no cancellations I guess it's ok but many other places nearby can match the price and comfort - of course, you wouldn't get the Casey's right inside and that alone is a big plus! Good food, fun/friendly staff and always busy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ta10p
925dixon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Thank you for your response. This will certainly help us. We endevour to serve our guests, the best way possible. Thank you also for being honest in your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I was a bit put-off when I saw my employer booked me in a Travelodge, but when I arrived at the hotel, it was very nice! It is clean, modern and nicely appointed. The rooms are a good size and the bed was comfortable. I visited the hotel bar/restaurant for a salad and was quite satisfied. Also had no problems with the hotel shuttle in the morning, just called the desk the night before to arrange and reserve my spot.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2011

stayed here before a 6:15 flight. hotel and staff were great. casey's was good for dinner. when we took our vehicle to park it for the week they said they didn't have any spaces within the compound so sent us to a lot behind an abandoned warehouse down the street. after a few phone calls and frustration we ended up leaving it there but was very nervous. When we walked throught the hole in the fence throught the compound to get back to the hotel there were at least 7 spots available. Our truck was fine when we got back. When we called them from the airport to pick us up THEY TOOK FOREVER. should have taken a taxi. two vans came half full, so only a couple of people were able to get on, and did not return for at least 50 minutes. Never again. The shuttle to the airport in the morning from the travel lodge was crazy. whet down to the lobby and there were way too many people to fit into ONE SHUTTLE that leaves every 1/2 so many, many people were forced to call a taxi. Bottom line is don't offer a free shuttle if you can't accommodate all of your guests. For that reason will not use this hotel to stay park and fly again. Direct flight parking is a joke as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed here as a park n fly deal, got a decent rate for being so close to the airport. The parking for the park n fly is at a lot off site of the hotel, but its very close. Quick effecient transfer to the airport. We paid for a basic room, but when we checked in we recieved a room on a private floor, we recieved a very large room. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Utica, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Got a decent rate and a very comfortable stay at the Travelodge on Dixon Road, near the Toronto Airport. Good value and close to the Toronto Congress Centre where my event was held. The lobby was very well appointed - not your typical Traveledge. Casey's Restaurant on site. Nice wait staff.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel as part of a Park & Stay package. My flight was early in the morning, and the price worked out to be almost the same if I parked in the Park N Fly lots.
I booked an executive suite because I wanted the breakfast to be included.
I had a great sleep before my Cuba trip and started the day right with a buffet breakfast of baked goods, breads, cereals, waffles, fruit, and juices and coffee. I lounged around in my room until it was about time for check in and then leisurely made my way to the airport shuttle. My only complaint would be that the Front Desk didn't tell me where the shuttle would be picking up from at the Terminal. But otherwise great experience and will definitely book again here with the Executive suite.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
HVRGM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear Agent,

Thank you very much for your comments and for staying at our hotel prior to your trip down south. I'm pleased to hear you had a positive experience and that you found our park n fly "stopover" package to be a good value. We do a tremendous amount of stopover business in our hotel and take a great deal of pride in taking care of customers such as you.
I will coach the Reception staff on better communicating with guests about the logistics of catching the shuttle at the airport. Thank you for that comment
I hope to have you back soon when your travels next take you through the Toronto Pearson Airport area.
Best Regards,

Ric Pomeroy, CHA
Hearst, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Was in Toronto with my two daughters doing the tourist thing !
Beautiful lobby when you come in to the hotel , very clean ! Not excatly sure what is going on in the back office behind the front desk ,but it must be good because that is where everyone is hiding ! Was there for three days and there was never anyone at that front desk when I went to it. When someone did come out, they appeared annoyed that I was disturbing them !!
Rooms need a touch up( paint ) . Carpets are old and need changing, bathroom shower was in need of some plumbing repairs.
Pool and fitness room were great !
Perfect location as it is close to everything !

• Stayed August 2010
HVRGM, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport/Dixon Road, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Good Day Medic,

Thank you for taking the time to wite your review. I'm pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, convenient and our facilities to be enjoyable. We are very proud of the cleanliness of the hotel as well. The team works very hard to maintain the property and remarks like yours bring a collective smile to our Housekeeping Teams' faces! Thank you

Certainly we endeavor to provide personalized and friendly guest service; please accept my apologies that our Reception team was not as responsive and "on duty" enough. It is through constructive feedback like yours that we can work to improve our operation. I thank you for bringing that observation to our attention.

I hope to see you again when your travels next take you to Toronto and the Pearson International Airport area.

Best,