“Awesome food, great spot for happy hour”
Review of Beast Restaurant

Beast Restaurant
Ranked #423 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Description: Local flare in a small and intimate setting. Located in Toronto's King West area with a beautiful patio for the summer time.
Toronto, Ontario
“Awesome food, great spot for happy hour”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My partner and I revived "date night" and finally hit up Beast on a Wednesday afternoon. What a pleasant surprise! The Beast offers their 120 specials - $5 snacks and also half price wine for a sort of happy hour that rarely happens in Toronto. We returned again for the full price menu a few weeks after had an equally excellent experience with great food and service in a unique atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank interpolation

• Polish first
toronto
“Nice spot ”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. It is small plates/tapas. Some plates were excellent some missed the mark for me but I expected this. Need to book a table very small place. I liked the atmosphere.

1 Thank outboundToronto
Toronto, Canada
“Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went on a Saturday night for dinner and the place was packed! The food was very unique and flavourful and the desserts were fantastic. We tried the gnocchi poutine with elk ragu, which was like nothing we had ever had. We also had cod with a pork belly broth, and squid in a Thai vinaigrette. Our server was very friendly and gave us many recommendations for the menu. We will definitely be going to Beast again!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Silvsiara
Toronto, Canada
“Unique and Memorable”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Unique and inventive food. Loved the pork hocks and marrow with toast. Great service and a fun atmosphere for a small place.

• Visited January 2014
Collingwood, Canada
“Awesome dinner, solid brunch”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had been to Beast about a year ago for dinner and enjoyed it very much. I can't remember everythng we ordered, but the "poutine" and the pork hocks were memorable orders. The wine was great too! The service was good, and I really liked the location. I felt bad for the cooks in that tiny kitchen! I had vowed then to return for brunch as the menu looked interesting.

Recently my brother was in the city, and I was coming down for the Jays game. We decided to meet up at Beast along with our girlfriends, my other bro, and Mom for brunch. Our server this time was very friendly, proficient and seemed like a genuinely good guy. I had a donut, the beastwich, and a side of bacon. My order was 10/10, probably the best piece of fried chicken I have ever had, and the sausage gravy was as good as mine. My sweetheart and my bro both had the breakfast sandwich. She liked hers, he said it was nothing special and wouldn't order it again. He did like his donut however, and I think he may have been a tad hungover :) Mom enjoyed her trout benny, my bro's girlfriend liked her pemeal benny, but said it was a bit cold, unfortunate. The coffee was solid. The caesars left a bit to be desired in the spice and garnish department, but at 5 bucks im not complaining.

All in all I really like Beast, and am planning to come back this summer with some friends to see what they can do with a lamb for the "whole beast" dinner!

• Visited April 2014