All reviews canada's wonderland front desk western hotels attached restaurant hot tub fridge and microwave king suite hotel staff free breakfast staying at this hotel easy access beds were comfortable birch bw downtown computers proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

I stayed over for 3 nights. The hotel is under restauration in the reception area so be ready ! The room was ok, quite spacious and seemed adequately clean. Wifi was good.
The breakfast (complimentary if booked) is very restricted so don't expect any continental type breakfast. Staff was polite and friendly. Not much in the area so need to move around.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2019

This hotel has responsive staff, but it is so mismanaged that there is no effective channel for communicating concerns of comfort or threats to safety. I communicated the following details to the manager, Nick, and he seemed to think all of what follows is within standard expectations for his property. He offered no apology or reasonable recourse. In my short stay, I experienced: a youth hockey team playing loudly and boisterously in the hallway, for hours at a time, often blocking and playing/sitting against the door of my room. The parents were just as obtrusive. A pack of youth, ranging from toddlers to teenagers, running the hallways, riding the luggage carts, and throwing balls and other objects at walls and doors. Adults (seemingly the parents of these kids) drinking alcohol and roaming the hallway, with doors to their rooms open. The adults and kids paid no attention to the efforts of the staff to respond to my concerns. The behavior didn't get any better. In fact, the behavior began to target my room specifically, and individuals from this group began to shout through my door and stole two Do Not Disturb signs off of my door handle. I was told later this was all one large group and that my discomfort was basically my own fault because I wasn't part of that group and I shouldn't have stayed on "their" floor. I had no say in what room I stayed in, so I'm still not sure what manager Nick meant that I shouldn't have stayed on "their" floor. Nick's lack of concern and his staff's inability to affect the wild behavior add up to a property that travellers should avoid.

Room tip: Do not stay here because it is uncomfortable and unsafe.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2019

We arrived at 10PM after a difficult day and looked forward to some time on the treadmill to burn up nervous energy. Imagine our dismay to find that the fitness room CLOSES AT 11PM...and even more irrationally doesn't open until 7AM.

We travel a lot, cannot always get in before a late hour. To be ready to sleep, we often like to get on the treadmill or other equipment for a while. So, we always book a location with a fitness room. We have not encountered a fitness room with such limited and irrational hours. In fact, we cannot think of a fitness room we've seen in a hotel recently that does not let a guest access it 24/7 as long as s/he has a room key.

But it gets worse: we asked the staff WHY the fitness room closes so early and opens so late. They said it was a management decision. We said, okay, but WHY? The fitness room is well lit, has extensive windows to show how many people are using it, it's located just off the public rooms, and has the TV blasting even when it is closed. Futhermore, you can enter ONLY with a room key. So WHY are the hours so limited?
Again, the answer is....that it is a management decision.

Well, management....here's what we're telling everyone who reads this:
DON'T come to this facility. Who knows what other 'management' decisions will adversely impact you when you least expect it...with no explanation of WHY?

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2019

I would highly recommend this Best Western Hotel as it is well kept and clean. The staff are very courteous and friendly. The hotel is always being kept up to date with renovations. The restaurant is a great place for breakfast with great service and food. It is our hotel of choice when visiting Toronto

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

My family and I stayed for one night upon check in, there’s was lots of parking. It is also located next to a police station so that was nice. Staff were very friendly and service for check in was quick and easy. I was provided with guidance on pool location, vending machines and the restaurant. The lobby was open and welcoming.
When we went to our room however there were a few issues. As soon as we entered I smelled urine, which I found a small amount next to the toilet on the floor. Honestly the hotel is large and things can be missed from time to time. On that note there was a small stain on the one beds sheets. And the beds are very firm.

Back to the good stuff, the pool was great my kids loved it. Staff was very quick when I asked for extra blankets(which I have to give huge credit for as they were very nice blankets). The room had on demand movies and the hotel was quiet for the night. Check out was easy and overall a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: April 2019