Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Travelocity
$294
$232
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscanada's wonderlandfront deskattached restaurantbest westernshot tubtoronto areahotel is cleanfridge and microwaveking suitehotel staffindoor poolcomfortable roomeasy accesscomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationbirchbw
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Newly revamped hotel. Everything is newly decorated. Front lobby decor is inviting and sets the tone for what to expect in the guest rooms. Rooms are very well appointed with brand new confort beds, tastefully decorated, 37 in flat screen tv, mircowave and fridge. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a room in the area. Staff were very helpful. Great stay and will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Hi Ginette! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback online, we really appreciate it. You couldn't have described the hotel more perfectly. After almost over $3.5 million in renovations we are SO happy to hear that our guests are enjoying the decor of the hotel as well as many details you described. As for the staff, every department of the hotel strives to make our guests stay pleasant and comfortable. Next time you come make sure to take advantage of our heated pool and hot tub, you'll feel so relaxed after. We welcome you back to stay with us anytime! Have safe and happy travels Ginette!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I chose this place because of the convenience to family and shopping, I had stayed there before when it was under different management and part of another chain. I was expecting just a clean place to sleep and clean- it has changedmand for the better. The room was decorated and appointed more like a New York/Toronto boutique than an a economy hotel. There was fridge, a microwave and an iron. The washroom also featured a hair dryer and some of the softest towels I have ever used. The bed was firm and comfortable as well as clean
There is also an indoor pool and whirlpool- a nice touch and very needed after along day. I looked at the exercise room and it was nicely equipped.
There are a few drawbacks, one is the location, The immediate area the hotel is in, is quiet, but the surrounding area, North York is a bit rough by Canadian standards and there are very few good food options within walking or short driving distance. The staff( very friendly and helpful) informed me that there was an Italian place and delivery for chinese also near by. The other is minor if you're American and a Boardwalk Empire fan. HBO was not available and had to wait till I went home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hi goalie1954! We appreciate all your feedback, thanks so much for posting your thoughts with us and the rest of the travelers out there. Our guest' word means the world to us and we are glad that guests such as yourself have a great opinion of us! As for the renovations, we really tried our best to transform the hotel into a modern place for our guests to be proud of. In regards to location we are located conveniently close to the highway, as well as 2 major shopping centers (Vaughan Mills & Yorkdale Mall) You are absolutely right! The dining options the front desk staff suggested to you were great although there are many many more restaurants nearby. We can pinpoint what your preferences are and give you directions to a restaurant specific to your taste. Don't forget we also have our great on-site restaurant if you don't feel like leaving the hotel! As for HBO, it isn't available in Canada unless you have pay per view (satellite T.V.) Although, you can stream whatever you'd like online from your personal laptop as we offer all of our guests FREE WiFi. We welcome you back to stay with us when you are back in town, Have safe and happy travels!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed three nights, was the best hotel I have stayed in. The staff was excellent and friendly. The rooms were clean and beautiful, and hotel is always very clean and has a beautiful scent when you walk in. The restaurant staff was very friendly, breakfast throughout the day well that was great. Would recommend this hotel to family and friends. When ever I needed something the staff was very helping. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hi Joanne! I want to thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us, its greatly appreciated. I'm happy that you had a great experience with us as we try our best to make our guests stay comfortable and pleasant. Our maintenance and housekeeping department try their absolute best to keep the hotel clean and smelling nice as you said! The staff at our hotel, may it be at the front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, maintenance or management are always friendly and we go above and beyond to help our guests. Also, your are completely right about the all day breakfast! You can purchase breakfast as long as the restaurant is open, its great for days you like to relax and sleep in. Joanne, thanks again for the comments and recommendation to your family and friends! We welcome you to stay with us whenever your in town, have safe and happy travels.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was there for a work trip. Ample parking. The staff was very professional and friendly, greeting me by name every time I entered the lobby. The room was very clean and beautiful. I loved that there was a fridge and microwave since I was staying there for several days. Surroundings were very quiet, slept like a baby when I was there. Lots of counter space in the bathroom which was great for my mornings when I'm getting ready. And the breakfast was delicious! The only thing was that I found someone's underwear hanging from my shower rod when I got there, but housekeeping addressed it immediately when I let them know.

Room Tip: I had an east facing room so the sun shone right into my window in the mornings. However, the curtains are very effective for those who don't want to be woken by the light.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi StarShinePillow! We are loving your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to get to know our guests because everyone matters to us and being personable is the way to go! As for our beds, they are fantastic from our soft sheets, to fluffy pillows and of course our mattress, no wonder you slept like a baby! Also we strive to keep our hotel quiet as we have many corporate guests and professionals staying with us. When people like to relax or or do their corporate work they want to feel right at home and in a comfortable environment and I am glad that we succeeded in that department. As for the housekeeping issue, I am glad that it was taken care of immediately. We always fix any type of issue in a timely manner. Overall, thanks again for your posting to let other travelers know about our property, we welcome you to stay with us at anytime!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The rooms are nicely decorated. The beds are comfy as clouds. The hotel is very modern. The breakfast option is forgettable, but rumour has it a Dennys is going in! The staff there are very friendly; to me a sign of great management! My favourite place to stay in north-central GTA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Shankar N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Hi d7scott! I want to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your positive feedback on our TripAdvisor page! You are so right about our beds, all of our guests brag about them. After our renovations we have tried our best to make sure the hotel is up to date and modern. As for the breakfast, we offer all guests staying with us a 15% discount as a courtesy. We are not yet in the position to say what franchise might be replacing the restaurant and if there will be any type of franchise as we are still in the early stages of the process. It may or may not happen but either way our on-site restaurant, Western Bar & Grille has amazing dining options! Check out the stir fry for a great dinner! Also thanks for complimenting our staff, we really appreciate it and welcome you to stay with us anytime!