“A luxurious stay for a low price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites
Ranked #45 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Edmonton, Canada
“A luxurious stay for a low price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was there for a work trip. Ample parking. The staff was very professional and friendly, greeting me by name every time I entered the lobby. The room was very clean and beautiful. I loved that there was a fridge and microwave since I was staying there for several days. Surroundings were very quiet, slept like a baby when I was there. Lots of counter space in the bathroom which was great for my mornings when I'm getting ready. And the breakfast was delicious! The only thing was that I found someone's underwear hanging from my shower rod when I got there, but housekeeping addressed it immediately when I let them know.

Room Tip: I had an east facing room so the sun shone right into my window in the mornings. However, the curtai...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shankar N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Hi StarShinePillow! We are loving your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We try our best to get to know our guests because everyone matters to us and being personable is the way to go! As for our beds, they are fantastic from our soft sheets, to fluffy pillows and of course our mattress, no wonder you slept like a baby! Also we strive to keep our hotel quiet as we have many corporate guests and professionals staying with us. When people like to relax or or do their corporate work they want to feel right at home and in a comfortable environment and I am glad that we succeeded in that department. As for the housekeeping issue, I am glad that it was taken care of immediately. We always fix any type of issue in a timely manner. Overall, thanks again for your posting to let other travelers know about our property, we welcome you to stay with us at anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

The rooms are nicely decorated. The beds are comfy as clouds. The hotel is very modern. The breakfast option is forgettable, but rumour has it a Dennys is going in! The staff there are very friendly; to me a sign of great management! My favourite place to stay in north-central GTA.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shankar N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hi d7scott! I want to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your positive feedback on our TripAdvisor page! You are so right about our beds, all of our guests brag about them. After our renovations we have tried our best to make sure the hotel is up to date and modern. As for the breakfast, we offer all guests staying with us a 15% discount as a courtesy. We are not yet in the position to say what franchise might be replacing the restaurant and if there will be any type of franchise as we are still in the early stages of the process. It may or may not happen but either way our on-site restaurant, Western Bar & Grille has amazing dining options! Check out the stir fry for a great dinner! Also thanks for complimenting our staff, we really appreciate it and welcome you to stay with us anytime!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Best western on Northfinch October 24 for 3 evenings. From the minute we walked in we were greeted by a friendly staff member (named Bosch?), Across from the registration area there was an upscale computer area where my husband was able to check in with the office mail before we went to our room. As we went to take the elevator upstairs, we noticed a very inviting indoor pool. Wow, the room and bathroom was a real surprise. From furnishings,bedding, the tv (must have been at least a 42")was all up scale. and then wow factor, A wonderful large walk in shower tiled like an upscale bathroom. Because I dread bathtubs in hotels, this was a real treat. The only thing I regretted was that the breakfast was not included in the stay. I told Bosch and he immediately handed us discount breakfast coupons to the adjoined restaurant which was clean and great service. Bosch also said that the hotel is working on a breakfast with the stay. Even though this hotel was 27 minutes away from our family it is well worth it. We have found A wonderful clean place to stay. We'll bring our bathing suits next time!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Freudie3
Shankar N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hi Freudie3! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate your business and I also want to thank you for posting your positive feedback. The front desk agent that helped you during your stay was Subash, I am glad he took care of you. I will definitely pass on the message to him that his hospitality went a long way.

As for the breakfast, it is not included although for a small fee you can book the bed and breakfast rate during your next stay! Our restaurant makes one of the best great big Canadian breakfasts if you haven't yet tried it! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and amenities. We really tried our best to make it as modern as possible to accommodate our guests and make their stay pleasant. Once again, thank you for the sincere words and we welcome you to stay with us again, and don't forget your bathing suits!
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Reasonably new 6-story hotel. Room small but well-furnished at a good price for 3-day stay. Everything worked: heat controls, toilet, shower controls. Wireless worked well, no problem. Location was very convenient for my trip, close to highway 400 and 401, which take you to just about anywhere in Toronto. No continental breakfast but many food choices in area. Hotel restaurant was almost deserted. Room had modern television and refrigerator. Hotel staff prompt in servicing non-functioning lamp. Has swimming pool, didn't see gym.

Would recommend this BW for anyone needing accommodation in this area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Sean, I want to thank you for taking the time to describe out hotel to future guests. You are definitely right on the value of our hotel. We offer great rates for our newly renovated rooms and amenities. As for the breakfast, it is not included but for a small fee you can book the bed and breakfast rate, although you are right there are many restaurant options in the area.

Also, I am glad that the front desk fixed your lighting issue in a timely manner, we strive to get things done efficiently at our hotel especially for our guests. As for the gym, too bad you didn't get to see it, it is located on the ground floor down the hall from the swimming pool. Once again, thanks for recommending us, we are one of the newest Best Western's in Toronto so spreading the word about our hidden gem is important to us!
north york, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is currently my all time fav hotel! I especially the ultra modern decor all over the hotel. The lobby, front desk and the rooms all have very appealing features. There is an Ipod dock/clock in the rooms, Body lotions in the bathroom(never seen that in a hotel before) and the night staff are very professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shankar N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi Jennifer, we are thrilled to read that our hotel is your favourite! We aim to leave our guests with a great impression and keep them coming back and we are glad to hear your are one of those guests! We carefully picked out all the decor, furniture, beds etc in the hotel so that our guests would be amazed and notice the new found beauty of the hotel. I am glad you mentioned the body lotions, it is an extra touch we added so that people feel like they are right at home! Thanks for providing great feedback in regards to the hotel as well as staff, we aim to keep impressing you and welcome you to come back anytime! Enjoy your travels.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 7 nights while on the trip in Toronto. My decision to stay at this hotel was largely based on reading travellers comments, and i can now attest to all the positive comments left for this hotel. I loved everything - room, privacy of it, everything in the room worked. Pleasant personnel withoug being noisy. Smiwwing pool, fitness center, on site laundry, restaurant. Basically, i can summarize my stay as overall very pleasant experience, and i would definitely reccomend staying in this hotel to anyone (including myself) :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oxana, I am so glad that we fulfilled your 7 day stay with us. Other traveler's feedback is extremely important when searching for a hotel and we are glad that you chose us due to our great feedback. It has a lot to do with our newly renovated hotel. We have tried our best to accommodate our guests with a beautiful new hotel so that they feel right at home and enjoy their environment. Also, you are completely right the amenities are what people love the most especially the pool & hot tub, even if our guests are only visiting for a short period of time they always find the chance to check out the heated pool & hot tub! Thank you for the great feedback, we truly are delighted and welcome you back to stay with us again when visiting Toronto. Hope you had safe travels as well as a great flight!
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Josie F.
Wow! That's all I can say! This is a very modern and beautiful hotel. I have now had 2 occasions to experience this little gem of a hotel and am extremely satisfied with the friendly and knowledgeable staff, the rooms are clean, comfortable and posh. I felt like a queen in my room. Also, as a member of my family is staying at the hotel for long term stay, this is definitely the place to be. Pool, hot tub, fitness room and laundry facilities on main floor. What more could you ask for? :) I would so recommend this to any traveller.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Josie F
Shankar N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hi Josie, thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate the positive feedback! We are glad that you chose our hotel for your family member to stay on a long term basis. It's also great that you have had a chance to experience the hotel for yourself to see all of our beautiful amenities and newly renovated environment. Thanks for referring us to your friends that may be travelling, good word of mouth is always appreciated as many people have yet to discover our gem of a hotel as you described it! Once again, thanks allowing us to provide a superior experience for you and your family member, you are welcome here anytime!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Holiday Inn Express Toronto - North York
Scarborough
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn
Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan
Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Etobicoke
BEST WESTERN PLUS Travel Hotel Toronto Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Toronto North York Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!